ASUS X99-E WS Workstation Motherboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ASUS today announced X99-E WS, a new Compact Electronics Bay (CEB) workstation motherboard based on the Intel X99 chipset and with support for four-way multi-GPU setups at full PCI Express 3.0 x16 spe...

ASUS X99-E WS Workstation Motherboard

2. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Still have (and currently using) the X58 version of this board. Rock solid, highly expandable. Awesome tech. With a 5960X, likely my next rig.

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Best looking board by far

4. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    looks great, fantastic specs.

i anticipate this board to cost a small fortune to buy, but it will most likely be worth it!

5. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    FULL PCIe 3.0 16x/16x/16x/16x, hell yeah. Corsair made my new case, Asus now made the mainboard.

6. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Same here, with a melted 12v connector! Looks like they are doing the same mistake here so wait for revision 2 after people complain once again for melting connectors. Can run 7 cards with zero supplemental power connections, we are the magic asus!

7. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    lol, never had that issue, thankfully, I've got 2 GFX cards and a wifi card running, that's it.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    How is it able to do 4 cards at x16? Haswell-E only has 40 pci-e lanes. Unless Asus is using a plx chip.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I would check to see if Waterblocks are in development for this board as most workstation boards are not watercooled traditionally.

10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Yet another temptation for a 5820K, absolutely love this board.

11. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Likely, the previous versions all have PLX chips (2 x NF200 in the case of mine).

The X58 and X79 ones both ahve blocks available.

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Not all workstation boards have waterblocks, there are more that dont than the ones that have. I would still check it our before purchasing.

Looking at this board i cant see how they could fit a monoblock to it as you have vrms to the north, east and west. So although you could fit additional mosfet blocks they are more likely to be individual which will mean more routing and more restriction in the loop which will mean a pump that has its setting turned up above average, say 3 or above on a D5 depending on block restriction and size of the loop.

So the loop would be cpu, mosfet, mosfet, mosfet, etc. Thats alot of blocks in a small area which would then continue on to the Gpu etc. This is still not a problem with 90 degree elbow connections but its something to be aware of.

Saying that i cant quite see what is under the east and west heatsinks but id still check it out before buying if your going to watercool.

The Rampage 5 does not have this problem as it has a Mosfet to the north only from what i can see.:)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  13. CHESSTUR

CHESSTUR Guest

GPU:
    several
    Yes they are

:)
    That's exactly what they're doing.

14. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    Best board on the market after the ASRocks :p

15. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Love the looks of this board, no big ass logo's and spoilers on it for the under 20 crowd. A nice clean, and cold motherboard. Now can Asus put some good looking boards like these in the enthusiast market please :D.

Oh and while I'm here Intel get your thumb out of that place and release some new desktop CPU's already, this i7 is the average age of CoD players already :banana: