ASUS X370 Open Letter/Feedback Status Log

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Deleted member 213629, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Well product support said they will ask Engineering about a BIOS update and will get back to me... *eee kinda expecting the worst honestly* I already got a cheap X470-F from someone off the local classifieds and have been happy since... but the cause must continue... :0

2. Hemisfear

Hemisfear Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6900 XT
    why did you get yourself another Asus mobo?

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  3. Is that a rhetorical question? Go away... Why does as why asks and simply never satisfies my questioning friend. I simply went and did it and that's all that matters.

I have never been more wrong to write this

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2020
  4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Master Guru

GPU:
    SapphireNitro V64
    Its a solid board... you'll enjoy it. Thinking of grabing a 3900-3950X to see what it can do.

5. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Sad thing - another 2.5 weeks passed by and still nothing from Asus :(

6. liviut

liviut Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080/8GB
    Before i had an actual stable bios on my msi x370 pro carbon i thought msi doesnt care about their customers but seeing this from asus well good to know in the future to avoid them for sure.

7. You were absolutely right

8. So ASUS just cold called me some guy named "John" - likely a call handle, no department or job title given. Simply stated ASUS has a video in possession of their latest BIOS proving it functions as intended and would I need further assistance? I hung-up after that, stated my case is closed. This is after an update I'd sent to engineering regarding if ASUS is updating X370 with further AGESA. It's official; if your're an ASUS customer on X370. You're now EOL far as "that's" considered.

Frankly this just peeved me so much I'm procreating selling my goddamned X470-F board ASAP... would throw it in the trash if it wasn't considered downright stupid. Need to find another company to support now on. No grass is greener but this is just downright shitty; it's within warranty still. I wouldn't buy a procreating car to have the dealer all a sudden refuse "partial" standard service under the initial terms of the manufacturer's warranty....only in tech ... only in tech

9. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Appears your assessment of the X370 line is correct. The only boards to get the 1004B bios update were the CrossHairs and they received it late, and those received it at the same time the rest of the X470 line received it, December 27th. The X470-F Gaming is a good board and it received the 1004B bios update earlier than the rest of the X470 boards. Do not know how ASUS determines when the updates for which boards get worked on. The only constant is that the CrossHairs get the longest support for their AMD line. Next series is the last hurrah for the AM4 socket anyway. Been thinking a lot about trying my first MSI board next go around. They seem to be doing things well where AMD is concerned.

386SX likes this.
  10. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    I thought about changing to MSI, too. I heard Gigabyte boards have a lot of issues with their software, so a no-go for me. Same with Corsair, where I still wait for a firmware update for my first ever 120GB Force3 SSD, bought I think in 2011 or 2012.

One question to all:
    I accidentally flashed 4801 and I want to go back to 3xxx versions, but anything lower than 4801 (or was it 2 or 3, some 48xx at least) and all flash tools tell me the BIOS doesn't match. I can flash what I want from 480x to 5220 and back, but no earlier version.

Would BIOS flashback by USB (recovery flash with 3xxx cap file on stick) work for this case or would I brick my board? Anyone tried that on this board before?

11. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    It should work but you need to make sure it’s right and take your time making sure it’s right before you push enter.

I used it to flash a modified BIOS onto my board with the newest BIOS. Granted it’s not an ASUS board but the rules should still apply.

12. Hemisfear

Hemisfear Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6900 XT
    I know. I've got an Anus x470-f as well.:p
    Gonna keep it until 550 boards will be released - hopefully one of them will have a decent audio chip (ALC12xx).

@386SX
    You might consider using TheStilts flashrom method(#1 and #4).
    It's quite some work though and it will fully wipe your flashchip.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  13. Settled on a GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Gigabyte have done well by their customers on this ryzen generation, I just can't bring myself to use gigabyte because of their customer support in the past ala "We don't support linux on that motherboard, use windows instead" when they didn't implement acpi properly.......

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  15. Wow that sucks - any chance people can use a custom bootloader say Clover and extract the ACPI tables relevant to Linux having issues DSDT etc (or SSDT tables) whatever method chose. Modify them accordingly (re-code them) it's in essence asl coding. People do it for the OSX86 project I suppose.

EDIT: granted there's a whole slew of tables when you extract ACPI but yeah anyway - hopefully you get the point here. It's modifying APCI tables and injecting them on the fly with an UEFI bootloader that supports it ie Clover being one.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    possibly, some of those issues have broken nvidia drivers in the past too on windows.

17. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
  18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    At this point it's the same if they never did it I think... heck Zen 3 is soon out.

I thought ASRock was slow at providing updates, lols.

In honesty OP I can recommend ASRock mobos.
    Indeed used to use Asus but these days ASRock seems to be superior by my experience.

For starters you get a lot of info from website Overview already for most boards like power phases and cap. type.

Hardwarewise boards are solid and layouts seem smart.
    BIOS is a bit clunkier than UEFIs from like MSI but nothing major for a geek!

Deleted member 213629 and 386SX like this.
  19. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Back then I bought the Strix because it had all the options I wanted and after filtering the results this came up as the cheapest one to get. I H.A.T.E. the RGB on there (disabled all the time) and the overall look is crappy at best I think but hey ... nothing to care about if the case is closed. :D

Bit I will definitely look at other brands in the future. Except Gigabyte ... I had their x79 ud3 I think. Took it out of the packaging and mounted everything. CPU went 95 degrees in no time. I reseated the cooler and while tightening the screws from the cooler one point of the mount came off! From a literally brand new board. From their "Ultra Durable" range. :D

So next will be ASRock or MSI I guess. Depending on who has got the better components...

Deleted member 213629 and AsiJu like this.
  20. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT

I'm still unsure about upgrading but if i can manage to do it i'll wait until end of the year and get a 4000-series (or will they be called 5000? Idk) ryzen and switch to a mid-range B550 board from ASrock or MSI too

Asus's bios / software support is crap but i think the main problem is their way of communication (or better.. not communicating anything)