Assetto Corsa: Competizione (PC, PS4 & XB1)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RzrTrek, Jun 14, 2018.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    It's a good game with the highest level of authenticity, top-notch physics, audio and visuals, but it's still in alpha and I would recommend that you wait for the full game release.

The game currently suffers from broken AI (runs out of fuel, dives into every corner and sometimes drives around in circles), multiplayer rating and race session issues and a plethora of bugs.

However I'm sure they'll be able to fix all of the currently know bugs by the time for the full release and polish the game further in time for the 2019 update,

but even then you should expect a lot of new bugs and crashes in the initial weeks post release, but that's not exclusive to this game.

Sabbath likes this.
  2. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    OK Thank's

3. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -

Hopefully they will improve the netcode and stop the cars from sliding through corners and choppy steering wheel motion while spectating.

Also the graphics would have looked so much better, had they not maxed out the sharpening filter (max value: 200), but it was still fairly entertaining.

01:18 qualifying, 22:40 race start (45 min). For those of you who aren't aware, most of the cars and tracks has not been released.

I'm just going to leave this bonus video at the end. It's a little sneak peek of things to come.

cerebus23 and serbicu like this.
  4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -

Too bad Aston Martin went with a V8 for 2019, because the V12 was a beast, but we'll get both, but have to wait for the 2019 update for the new content post release.

The one and only McLaren, unless a 720S joins during the 24 hours of Spa and it's not like the SRO can force cars on teams, but a few people don't seem to understand that.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    The update is live!!!

Hopefully the game update will be pushed in time for the evening and by that time, I'll be wanting to drive my Porsche 911 at Spa-Francorchamps.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    cerebus23 likes this.
  6. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
  7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    A lot of new game crashes while loading, playing online and watching replays. They also forgot to include the anticipated livery editor, pit-crew and driver swap animations.

Apparently they're also having some serious issues with their back-end, where you'll have a hard time finding servers and ratings not updating to their leaderboards.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    cerebus23 likes this.
  8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Developer sees "no reason" to add promised RTX support to Assetto Corsa Competizione
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...t-about-rtx-support.59637/page-4#post-1081695 (an account may be required to read the developer post) and the forum thread was locked as always.

The list of broken promises by Kunos just keeps getting longer and their incompetence is starting to show, where a lot of features are still shown as "beta" in the final game, which is disappointing.

Also all of the above mentioned features, such as livery editor, pit-crew and driver swap animations are still nowhere to be found and there's still no word when they will be included.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  9. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    I've got ACC installed, but I haven't really put time in it yet. It's clear the 'released' game is still an early access game. I trust they'll keep plugging away, but I'm also confident that it'll be a year or so before ACC actually *looks* like a released game. It's a shame Kunos appears to have bitten off more than it can chew. Considering the state of the game, I think they're right to "cancel" RTX for the time being and focus on stuff that actually matters to the game, not the headlines.

10. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    how they ran assetto corsa development. nothing new here they get it done eventually.

12. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -

v1.4 update release due for April 2020
    Console release: June 23rd, 2020
    GT4 pack DLC release: Summer 2020 (PC)
    IGTC pack DLC release: Summer 2020 (PS4, XB1)
    GT4 pack DLC release: Fall 2020 (PS4, XB1)
    British GT pack DLC release: Winter 2021 (PC, PS4, XB1)

You know I'll be all over that GT4 expansion:
    - Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R
    - Ford Mustang GT4
    - Panoz Esperante Avezzano GT4
    - Saleen GT4

Though I doubt we'll get 'em all, but one can always dream...

:p

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    BMW M4 GT4 (trailer)

It doesn't look good for fans of American car manufactures, as Kunos only highlighted the Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R in the trailer.

However that goes without saying, that it's still my favorite of the 4 above mentioned cars in the series.

Maybe they'll add another car later (much like the did back with the McLaren 720S for the shadow project), but that's just me being overly optimistic.

Alpine A110 GT4 (7 liveries)
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4 (7 liveries)
    AUDI R8 LMS GT4 (4 liveries)
    BMW M4 GT4 (8 liveries)
    Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R (2 liveries)
    Ginetta G55 GT4 (1 liveries)

KTM X-BOW GT4 (3 liveries)
    Maserati Granturismo MC GT4 (1 liveries)
    Mclaren 570S GT4 (5 liveries)
    Mercedes AMG GT4 (10 liveries)
    Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport (4 liveries)

The Assetto Corsa Competizione GT4 dlc is due for release on July 15th.

I probably also should mention that ACC was released on consoles with mixed reviews, due to a plethora of performance issues and bugs:

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...-games-address-console-release-issues.186360/

o_O

KTM X-BOW GT4 (trailer) update

Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport (trailer) update

Mercedes AMG GT4 (trailer) update

Audi R8 LMS GT4 (trailer) update

Ginetta G55 GT4 (trailer) update
    https://youtu.be/ne8kPFN6X08

Alpine A110 GT4 (trailer) update
    https://youtu.be/Pezx3YWcIlg

Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R (trailer) update
    https://youtu.be/u4kZf8zzWxw

Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4 (trailer) update
    https://youtu.be/SUGhE4yFKMA

McLaren 570S GT4 (trailer) update
    https://youtu.be/FDiKUXOka7g

I don't want to spam the forums with gt4 trailers (or do kunos ad/work for free), hence why I update my post and it looks like I've reach the maximum allowed (5) videos for a post.

Not sure why all of the new cars sound like they were recorded in a can (engagement challenge: will they blame covid-19?) not impressed so far, very disappointing n/a v8 sfx.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    cerebus23 likes this.
  14. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Typical Kunos release: plays great, if you get that far.

15. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -

GT4 pack (dlc) release
    v1.5 patchlog

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i have just installed this game, and i m enjoying the driving a lot, probably the best game to play with an xbox 360 controller after tweaking the settings as recommended by the racedepartment user , game runs ok not great on my system, but i really enjoy the driving and im making some good laps at nurburgring in the career mode practice.any recommendations from you guys on how to setup the car for each circuit? im kind of a nub when it comes to racing sims. thanks

MaXThReAT and cerebus23 like this.
  17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    It really annoys me a lot when people post videos on facebook calling the long track nurburgring instead of calling it nordschliefe as that long track is not the nurburgring circuit and it s not even close to it, for christ sake it s called nordschliefe stop calling it nurburgring

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    straighter less curvy tracks lower downforce take the camber and toe levels down some.

tight tech track opposite crank downforce and generally camber and toe like crazy.

less tech tracks you want more tire on the track saves tires as well. higher top speeds etc.

more tech you need handling less straights and top speeds.

gear your car for the longest straight generally.

ramthegamer likes this.
  19. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Finally picked this up the other day, Mount Panorama is such an amazing track. If I could choose a hill to die on at 240km/h, this would be it.

20. SHUTOKO Revival Project - really awesome mod for AC:

And even more awesome rain effects. This is definitely the best rain effect I've seen so far. (the same mod)