Assassin's Creed Odyssey PC Requirements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Ubisoft has just revealed the official PC system requirements for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. According to the French company, PC gamers will at least need an AMD FX 6300, AMD Ryzen 3 &nda...

Assassin's Creed Odyssey PC Requirements

2. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    I don't understand why developers claim a faster CPU is needed for higher resolutions. Why?

3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It actually says in the text above that the recomendation for 1080p is for 1080p at 30 fps... so it's fair to assume the recommendation for 4k is at 60 fps.

4. psychic717

psychic717 Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    The targeted framerate is 30 fps for each of the requirements, 4k included.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Dragam1337 likes this.

5. AlbertX

AlbertX Member

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1070
    I will repeat this, up until AC Syndicate this game offered SLI support and I can play them at 4K 60fps using 2 1080 no problem, then in Origins they dropped SLI support, why? is the same ENGINE, I think is because of the DRM they are using, now they tell you requirements for 4k30fps because you can't play AC Origins or Odyssey at 4K60 with a 1080TI, stupid movement if you ask me.

Same for FFXV that game desperately needs SLI support but I guess SLI is dying by the second, and considering how more expensive they are making it now, I remember when I used SLI with 2 460, the series 10xx decided the minimum was 1070 and now is 2080, what for? I hope that 35% power that comes with the 2080ti is enough to play FFXV and Odyssey at 4K 60

Dragam1337 likes this.
  6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Games do not need CF/SLI support. They need realistically thinking development team. Why would you target 60fps on SLI configuration when very tiny minority even have single 1080Ti.

Realistic approach would be to allow high/very high details to run 60fps+ in most of scenarios on 1080p with average gaming card at release date of game.
    You want large number of players to actually see and enjoy what they are paying for. Otherwise it is meaningless throwing of money into development and it delays release of game too.

When you take game which does 60fps+ on 1080p with average gaming HW, then you are going to get those 60fps at 4K with top-end card.

That unrealistic thinking is what did lead to Black desert Online Remastered Edition to have maximum graphical settings running ~25fps on 1080p with GTX 1080Ti.

7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, i bought asscreed origins on the promise that they would add sli support later... which they then decided not to. Not buying this one.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    So Ubisoft thinks that my PC is a console? Thank you Ubi!

Why oh why can't publishers start posting 60fps target requirements at High settings. I so wish there would be a global standard for this.

9. AlbertX

AlbertX Member

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1070
    I completely disagree with you, as much as you want that, games normally target a resolution quality, limiting the quality, graphics of a game so people like me can run it at 4K is not what I want, Not everyone uses 4K actually we are very very little minority and I understand that, so yes I can play at 1440p fine so I want to keep pushing it. What I am asking here as that developers allow me or enthusiast to allow to throw as much power/money as I want to run the game the way I want

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    By that you probably mean that every developer should invest more resources into making CF/SLI working because you did throw money towards 2x GTX 1070 instead of getting one GTX 1080Ti, right?

...does not sound right.

11. AlbertX

AlbertX Member

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1070
    Yes, Nvidia specially, since they are the ones selling the technology, specially now that they keep telling you we have developed a faster NVLINK.

A developer should make the game scalable to some point of reason.

Square-Enix promoted FFXV on PC by saying is the only version you can play 4K60 and even 8K.

That is NOT TRUE, there is not a single card out there that can move FFXV at 4K60, but if it accepted SLI you could achieve that, so how is that according to Square are you suppose to move the game at 4K60?

12. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Maybe by turning down the graphics? I don't have the game, but most games are able to run at 4K 60 when you go to medium or low settings.

13. AlbertX

AlbertX Member

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1070
    It never gets stable even on low a medium, however it defies the purpose, if to get to 4K you have to play at a quality level that is worst than console even on a 800 dollar card, plus I don't think when Square-Enix promotes the 4K60 is talking about with shitty graphics

14. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    You guys are forgetting one small thing, publishers and developers want to sell as much as possible so they put out requirements on the low side.

airbud7 likes this.
  15. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Why are you even bothering to look at these charts if you are interested in 60FPS play in a game like this, and then complaining when they don't say?

You know the answer - the fastest PC you can get.
    • 1080Ti (soon be "GTX 1080Ti or RTX 2080 or higher")
    • Any Intel i5 or i7 CPU from the last 5 years or AMD Ryzen 5 or better.
    • At least 16GB RAM.
    • SLI not supported
    This is the same for every AAA game from the last year or so and here on out for 60 FPS 2160p or 100+ FPS 1080p.

16. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    It's going to be poorly optimized just like every other ubisoft title. Nothing new at all. No real point of even looking at the requirements really.

17. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    yea^ ...these requirements look good ...heck everybody can play it...sell it I tell ya!

18. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I was a latecomer to the Assassin's Creed games but I think there great...Black Flag is my fav!

so cool running around jumping on s**t and climbing buildings

19. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Same here. Black flag was pretty good. I was only commenting on the performance, not the games themselves. Although I've gotten tired of the newer one's, nothing wrong if people enjoy them.

airbud7 likes this.