AMD Chipset driver 1.07.07.0725 (7/719) UPDATE

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by CPC_RedDawn, Jul 7, 2019.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x370

It seems its the same chipset drivers for X370, X470, AND X570

AsiJu likes this.
  2. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    Thanks for the heads up

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  3. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Quick question...

How can I force AMD's drivers over MS's? No matter what chipset driver I use/install, I get MS versions.

Almost all my devices (X370 Taichi) use MS's drivers, and on some occasions (such as USB3, USBss etc) transfer rates are horrible (max out at 40MB/s).

I don't know if this is the cause of the problem, but I believe that AMD's own drivers should work better.

Win10x64, 1903

Thank you in advance.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Depends on what's in this beyond the power plan settings, for Intel their own chipset driver is in actuality just a number of .INF text files which don't do anything beyond altering the device name and for Windows 8 and on Windows itself has native USB3 driver support so if the device is hitting it's max speed (Mechanical HDD for example or a earlier USB stick for USB2 for another one.) it might just be reaching it's maximum sustainable speed.

Although if AMD's drivers do contain actual .sys driver files for components ranging from PCI to USB and more then these do have an effect although seeing how it doesn't seem to be installing certain parts it looks like these might be INF only. :)

For USB there might be a difference in cabling as well even if USB3 is backwards compatible so that's another thing to check as a possible cause of slower than expected speeds if both the motherboard and storage are USB3 or higher.
    And of course if the motherboard is using a mixture of USB2 or USB3 and then USB3 and third party like ASMedia for additional USB ports this can also be a factor and might require other drivers too and how it's set in bios in case it's using a older revision for compatibility.
    (Might not be very common on modern motherboards with proper native support for USB3 however.)

EDIT: Yeah a quick check and the cabling is quite different with USB3 and a big speed maximum as well.

5. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Let me clarify a bit.

I'm referring to "devices" such as "AMD USB 3.0 (or 3.10) eXtensible Host Controller", "USB Root Hub" etc on my board...all of these, use MS drivers. Same thing goes for my "SATA AHCI controllers" etc.

Almost every "device" on my mobo is using MS's driver, instead of AMD's, even though I've tried every chipset driver either directly from AMD or from ASRock.

Trying to update manually the drivers from within device manager using "let me choose from...I have a disk...", always results to nothing, since chipset packages doesn't seem to include drivers neither for SATA nor for USB controllers etc.

Honestly, I'm baffled.