AMD Catalyst 15.5 BETA (14.502.1014.1001 May 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. rafaelluik

rafaelluik Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 280
    NVIDIA releasing drivers on time FOR GAMES THAT THEY PARTNETED IN THE DEVELOPMENT??? Wow, I didn't expect that!!111

LOL and there are dozens of users reporting the NVIDIA driver or the game crashing a lot!!! Just look it up.
    One of the recent releases disabled OC on 9xxM chips again, ohh NVIDIA brings so much quality!

When is the one that makes 780ti users achieve a half price card GTX 960 in Witcher 3 coming out?

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Nvidia use to partner with the best and biggest AAA titles year after year and deliver drivers on time on each of this titles.

AMD don't and i don't expect the "Tiger Team" to solve this "little" problem for us AMD GPU customers.

Do you?

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Tomb Raider was a good example of what AMD is capable of doing when part of a games development. It's just a shame they are rarer than drivers.

4. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Somehow, through some dark medieval sorcery, Nvidia is able to release timely drivers regardless of them partnering on a game or not.

Whatever, though, this isn't even the point.

You're coming off like some insane sort of fanboy, when all of us (or at least most of us) complaining here are all either AMD owners, supporters, or even fans.

There's real, legit reasons to be mad at AMD here, and it shouldn't be boiled down to wanting to give AMD a hug and throw a brick at Nvidia.

5. Ungeheuer97

Ungeheuer97 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    AMD's driver team really needs to get its **** together!

6. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Well AMD was ready for GTA V for example.. but witcher 3 is another case, and it's only the crossfire that's not working so...otherwise it's working ok.. but yeah, we're all waiting for a cf driver, that's a given.

Single card users have NOTHING to complain about, except maybe Pcars.

7. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Crossfire was introduced 10 years ago and with the introduction of 4k and high refresh rate monitors, one would assume that crossfire would be a priority by now. Flagship cards can't even push a solid 60fps in the latest titles with maximum fidelity. Why is crossfire still neglected? Why don't they test their drivers on crossfire setups??? :bang:

8. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    Because they outsource cheap, low income, inexperienced programmers and when they get too expensive as they gain experience they would kick them out and new wave of cheap labourers comes pouring in.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  9. rafaelluik

rafaelluik Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 280
    LOL, I'm just laughing a lot at the people who think NVIDIA delivers better drivers and on time and the only games they can mention have something from Gameworks on it. Just read my comments and comments made by others here, NVIDIA driver is crashing, not even their SLI drivers are working right and on top of it SINGLE Kepler cards are suffering.

Some of you don't sound like AMD users, you sound like NVIDIA sheeps.

And in 98% of his posts sammarbella sounds like a troll, sorry to say that.

Again NVIDIA sponsored title. A lot of NVIDIA banners and PhysX included in the game engine.

The page leads to support forums and contact forms.

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It's bad isn't it? Actual AMD users are complaining about AMD driver support. What has the world come to.

11. rafaelluik

rafaelluik Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 280
    For SABOTAGEWORKS titles. Indeed what has the world come to...?

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    GameWorks is stopping AMD releasing drivers?

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    How AMD users should sound?

Please say it freely replying to the problems i expose in my post in this thread with read and blue text, specifically the "wall of text" part.

I'm really interested in your expert opinion on what an AMD customer should think about AMD problems when the "evil gameworks" is not the root cause. :)

14. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    C'mon, AMD's driver guy is working as hard as he can. Go Tiger Dude!!!!

15. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I am an AMD user. I can take a picture of my darn PC if you'd like. Stop being so absurdly defensive.

Like I said, Nvidia isn't the issue here. It's how AMD's drivers take for god damned ever to come out, and with barely much done to them.

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Ohhhh i didn't see that.

No need to sorry cause i know you are not a blind fanboy. :)

Maybe you didn't see my previous comments.

I'm still waiting for your reply to my last post, i would like to know your expert opinion on how an AMD customer sound must be in relation to the exposed problems.

17. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I'm not trying to be a jerk,but let me put cfx support in perspective for you.

Take a look at the release date for farcry 4, then take a look at the catalyst driver date that provided cfx support, yup darn near 5 months later . Do the same for dying light, yeah darn near 4 months later , oh and the driver notes actually says that crossfire causes flickering, solution? Yeah, you guessed it, disable cfx lol.

That's just 2 triple a games since novemeber out of like 5 triple a games that have been released since then. The only 2 to get cfx support were gtav and BF:H, and the latter only had it bcause it was already working for bf4. The other 3 either have no profile or had to wait over a third of the year for it and it still doesn't work right.

Oh and for craps and giggles take a look at the latest whql drivers 14.12,and see what they finally managed to fix for cfx users, yup farcry3 released nov 2012, AMD finally fixes it November 2014....

So yeah you can say nvidia is bad all you want and they very well may be bad, but they aren't in the same league of awfulness as amd's cfx support. QED

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    GTA V has stutter issues with a lot of people with crossfire so yeah a fail there too.

19. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    GTA V frametimes and his very fast variance using crossfire is AWFULL.

Single GPU users can solve this problem with borderless window and RTSS frame cap but crossfire users obviously can't.

20. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Guest

GPU:
    980Ti
    Where is my assetto corsa cfx profile????????????????