AMD Catalyst 14.9 WHQL (14.301.1001.0 September 15)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Sep 29, 2014.

1. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I think he didn't mean flash player issue ;-)

Just because of curiosity i will try to reproduce skype problem, soon.

2. BuuBuu

BuuBuu Guest

GPU:
    Corsair 8 GB ( 4 X 2 )
    i did that now and the problem is still not solved :( i was using nvidia gpu and never had such issue before , amd drivers are f***ed up

3. BaNsHiE

BaNsHiE Guest

GPU:
    Saphire 7970 TriFire
    Please go back to the GREEN Team.

BaNsHiE

4. Phuncz

Phuncz Active Member

GPU:
    Your problem seems to be related to my problem in the way that they changed the handling of the signal when using HDMI.

I also have the problem that my screen doesn't have DVI or DisplayPort but only HDMI as a digital connection and even when using a DVI-HDMI cable, it still fumbles.

5. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I've tried... I've tried so hard to reproduce this error and i'm unable to reproduce it.

Guru3d users, i challenge you! Throw on me any error you get, i will try to reproduce it if i will be unable to reproduce it i win. User whose error i will be able to reproduce will win steam key for one game. I double dare you all! :D

I'm using this "crap" amd cpu, i'm using this "horrible" amd gpu hd7790 modded with bios flash to r7 260x, i'm using beta version of adobe flash, this strange windows 8.1 update 1 enterprise x64 and have no black screens, no bsods, no ctd in games, no flickering in dx9 games, no problems at all.

For the moment flash player bsod and skype black screen are two so common errors which i'm unable to reproduce.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  6. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4080 frostbite
    Bad performance with Watch Dogs and Crossfire R9 290x :-(

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I'll stick with asder00's 14.x (14.410.0.0) for now, no use going back to 14.301.

8. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    Howdy Guru's

Sadly, After further testing I had 2 Modded IL2 1946 Installs Freeze in game after 1 - 2 minutes of play. I cant figure out what is wrong but in my Log.lst says Time Out warning.

I have recently changed back to 14.7 RC3 and all is well, no freezes or any problems.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  9. olymind1

olymind1 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX6700 10 GB
  10. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    No issues here with Diablo 3. I do know that Diablo 3 uses more of your CPU then your GPU but your I5 shouldn't have an issues running this at all. Wish I could help with this but I don't get any slowdowns or issues with this system and my wifes (Maxed Settings).

11. Noufel

Noufel Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 ti xtrem
    help needed !!
    black screen when i oc with Afterburner but no problem at stock any ideas???

12. N3MBOT

N3MBOT Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280xoc
    BF4 is butter smooth for me , especialy after the patch, good driver for me.

13. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    "Disable ULPS" in afterburner properties

14. kidsafe

kidsafe Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    Yep, I've had this two for many beta revisions. Is there any known fix other than going back to older drivers?

15. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Great driver ! works for everything perfect with my sapphire vapor-x 290

16. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    they do read them, they have to prioritize which things to fix and/or figure out what the problem is in the first place

winkey+p sounds pretty niche (can it be done with mouse clicks?)

does anyone remember the slow mouse in the top right corner issue that lasted a few months even a bit after they could reproduce?

about the corruptions & that thread... is diablo a dx9 game? is there a change when you adjust CCC's surface format optimization setting? has this happened since the launch of the game & NEVER on nvidia?

i would think that's more to do with furmark type 'max power', & surely it's fine on a restart?

that's not weird... crossfire means AFR which means flickering if a game doesnt account for alternate frames

you could try different CF profiles, or use the old dlls (you have working CF on them yet no flickering?)

also there's nothing third party about using an official amd dll... keep using it! it works, play the game, continue installing newer drivers for the OS, win-win

just to be clear though, the vanilla stalker game does NOT flicker yet the mod does?

resize the widow, everything is fine? suggest to them (in feedback & twitter) to not have a live video preview or manually enable the preview with a button instead

17. freddy911

freddy911 Guest

GPU:
    amd 295x2 crossfirex
    i have two amd 295x2 in crossfire and have rosewell 1500 watts power supply when i install these drivers and try launch sniper elite 3 i get blue screen of death it dosent say error just restart pc and i did driver cleaner and still same but if i use 14.8 plays ok but long load times for some reason in crossfirex

18. Phuncz

Phuncz Active Member

GPU:
    The only thing that seems to have much influence on the framerate drops is, strangely, sonud channels. I set mine to Low (32) and my i5-4670K has a lot less of these, but still sometimes. With Very Low (16) sound channels you are often missing a lot of sound.

19. Eesi

Eesi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 H2O
    For me the driver crashes in D3 everytime after a while if i do not underclock my cards. That's ever since i installed the cards

20. mrrulez911

mrrulez911 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    edit

Best drivers ever imo. I've got the settings below and it's run with 120-140 frames per second.

3840x2160, MSAA off, AA Post Pro off, HBAO on, all other settings ULTRA, Motion Blur 0%. When I turn on MSAA and AA Post Pro I get like 70-80 fps.

I use 2 GBT WF 290X cards. And for now I only tested with DX11, when I've tested Mantle I'll post the results here.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014