AMD Catalyst 14.11.2 BETA (14.301.1013.0 November 17)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 18, 2014.

1. arterialbliss

arterialbliss Guest

GPU:
    DirectcuII 290x Xfire
    14.11.x CCC Issues

Hey everyone,

Has anyone had any issues with CCC freaking out when enabling eyefinity on these drivers?

A brief explaination:
    CCC keeps flashing as if its taking focus (occasionally there is a very quick popup about syncing a change or something, very hard to read it).

When I go to calibrate bezel, the center monitor bezel guide moves in and out as the CCC flickers.

I have reverted to 14.9 for the time being, but i'd like to enable mantle in Dragon Age ;)

Specs:
    Crossfire 290x Asus Directcu II
    i7 4790k @ 4.4ghz
    Corsair 1050W PSU
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
    3x Asus VN248H-P (2x DVI 1x HDMI)
    Windows 8.1 x64

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

No issue with Eyefinity here; had 3 Acer S201HLs running in Eyefinity mode for a few hours; don't recall any issue with Catalyst at all.

3. arterialbliss

arterialbliss Guest

GPU:
    DirectcuII 290x Xfire
    Yea, it's weird. I submitted a bug report to AMD. It seems to be isolated and im not really sure how to start diagnosing it.

I did full clean driver install (DDU), but no luck.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    What's it doing?

I was running Eyefinity with these drivers, the new Eyefinity settings in CCC are a bit weird, supposed to be a 1 click thing, but I still had to p1ss about to get it working properly

Much preferred 14.4 but these do work

5. arterialbliss

arterialbliss Guest

GPU:
    DirectcuII 290x Xfire
    I literally cannot configure eyefinity. i think its continuously detecting a change in hardware or something thats causing CCC to run the "Detected a change sync" window, and gaining focus over and over. When eyefinity is enabled, the windows border (and focus of CCC) flickers/flashes. I can hardly click anything within CCC.

This also happens on 14.11.1.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Give 14.4 a try, they were the last drivers before Eyefinity 3.0 was released, and great drivers too
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-catalyst-14-4-whql-(14-100-april-17)-download.html

Which IMO, Eyefinity 3.0 is worse than the original version, and if you have 3 of the same rez and sized screens, you don't need the new one

Use DDU to remove the current drivers in safemode
    http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

7. arterialbliss

arterialbliss Guest

GPU:
    DirectcuII 290x Xfire
    14.9 Works well, I wanted 14.11.2 for the Mantle support and the Crossfire Profile for Dragon Age Inquisition.

Interestingly enough, if 14.9 has Eyefinity 3.0, then it has to be something introduced in 14.11

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Well any driver after and including 14.4 has Mantle too, but yea that's weird that 14.9 work fine, so it's not an Eyefinity 3.0 issue specifically then

Best get bug reporting via the AMD beta report form, see if you can't get a fix sorted for the next release

Might be worth hitting twitter too, "AMD Roy" takes an interest in Eyefinity issues and gives you his email to try find a fix

In fact I still have it here if you want to give him a shout

roy.taylor@amd.com

9. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    Eyefinity mode working here with my 295x2. I am running all the same screen size, resolution and mini displayport however.

10. arterialbliss

arterialbliss Guest

GPU:
    DirectcuII 290x Xfire
    Thanks,

I guess mantle has to be implemented per game in a driver, because in 14.9 I don't have the Mantle API available for Dragon Age.

I reported the bug to AMD earlier and I'll see if I can get a hold of mr Roy.

I'll let you know what I hear back

11. arterialbliss

arterialbliss Guest

GPU:
    DirectcuII 290x Xfire
    Yea, I tried a passive displayport to HDMI adapter, but I'm hesitant to consider the port choice as a problem, seeing that I don't have issues in 14.9.

12. Trevonn

Trevonn Guest

GPU:
    HD 7790 2GB @ 1.2/1.6 GHz
    Dragon Age is probably detecting your driver version and if its below the required version, 14.11.2 in this case the option to change the API won't show up. Battlefield 4 did the same when mantle for implemented.

13. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4080 frostbite
    Because if I disable the status icon crossfire every time I open the game resumes crossfire icon at the top right?

14. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    Hi, I know I'm late to the party but I recently got a R9 290 and I have issues displaying fullscreen (aka filling screen) with some DX10/11 like Crysis 2. I checked driver settings and turned the slider towards Overscan (this solved only the desktop not filling screen). Is there a solution to this?

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    you have the wrong aspect selected in the game settings.

Everytime you install new drivers, it resets the overscan in CCC, so you need to fix that for desktop first, or you will get a black border on everything.

for games, there are 2 aspects: 16:9, and 16:10

either select the correct aspect if allowed, or select the correct resolution for your aspect in the game settings.

16:9 for 1080P: 1920x1080
    16:10 for 1080p: 1680x1050

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014

16. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
  17. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Hah, that Dice rep was clueless, I'm pretty sure it isn't AMD/MANTLE with all those NVIDIA processes running :rolleyes:

EDIT: Also, not sure if the driver helper service reports the same as the driver version but he could have at least got an idea of what driver version he's using...

I don't think it's a driver problem...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  18. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    Yes, that post is from somebody using a nVidia card but the DICE LA developer acknowledges that there is a leak on Mantle and that AMD is working on it so it appears that it is AMD's problem after all. Took them about 4-5 months to reproduce, probably a few more to fix. By the time DICE and AMD fix the game/drivers I will probably no longer play BF4 and get rid of the Crossfire setup since I got it for BF4 in the first place.

19. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    The resolution is always the native one (1080p), I'll also check the aspect ratio next time.

Now I ran into another issue, tried several old games (like NFS Most Wanted 2005 or Underground 2) and they all crash with atiumdva.dll being the culprit. Is there a solution for this as well?

20. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Anyone here getting very bad stuttering with Crossfire? Audio will also stutter? Alien and bf4 seems the worst for this.