AMD Catalyst 14.1 BETA 1.6 (13.350.1005.0 January 31)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I do not know if my case is related to VirtuMVP but I am experiencing something very similar.
    re: Monitor will not wake but system is running fine. Happens once, maybe twice a week. Machine runs 24/7.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  2. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    Its me or triple buffer is broken with this drivers?? With most of the things i enable vsync if frame rate drops below 60 it locks fps to 30...also test like unigine do it...

3. WolfPT

WolfPT Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 GAMING X
    Any words on the next Beta's? Anyone got hands on some news?

4. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    We'll probably get them around the release of Thief (Feb 25th).

I thought we might see a newer iteration of the 14.1 for the release of the Titanfall Beta, but boy was I wrong.

5. WolfPT

WolfPT Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 GAMING X
    Seeing Titanfall uses Source Engine, it doesn't really need much optimization, let's hope for a Mantle updated driver for Thief, but before Thief is released, and not after.

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    AMD and driver updates, no faith there.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I thought it was an issue with VirtuMVP and this driver, but it's now happened a few times since uninstalling VirtuMVP. It seems to "come and go" now so I'm not sure exactly what's causing it though I'm fairly certain this driver has something to do with it.

8. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    anyone else having low performance with these when on cold boot? a reboot fixes performance.

9. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    Yes, horrible performance when I turn on the system but after restart it become the best driver I had for my 290. I see other people with this problem but I don't find any fix just to wait for the next driver realise. Also you can summit your problem to AMD (http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D25AD12B21) just to let them know

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Ive noticed its usually fine on initial boot for a while, but if i let it sit idle for a period of time, performance drops when i start gaming.

A reboot fixes it it.

11. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I have this happen 90% of the time, regardless of driver, but only on Windows on my 7850. Got to the point where I just shut my monitor off manually when i'm away :/

12. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

The question is, does there need to be a driver update?

Mantle afaik was only problematic for most with BF4, and not Star Swarm. And the larger problems on BF4 were fixed with a patch, not a driver.

We don't have Thief yet to know how it'll even perform, but if I had to guess, I'd imagine Thief to be coded to handle Mantle better just based on the developer (EA/DICE rushed BF4 out the door with some rather serious bugs, and even released Mantle support... with bugs (how does memory leaking pass QA?)).

Did Tomb Raider with TressFX launch with a driver?

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    It didnt need one, Tressfx is a GPGPU program.

14. El_MUERkO

El_MUERkO Guest

GPU:
    R9 290x
    So I've gotten myself a new 1200w PSU, still getting black screen crashes, now as soon as the driver finishes installing and every time I boot up the machine, seriously tempted to return the two 290x's and get a Titan Black to replace them.

15. PrivateRyan

PrivateRyan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
    Thanks man...very Good info...i had same crashes you had before with many games..Did all these steps and now got fixed it all damn :banana:
    * FOUND A NICE INFO ABOUT FIX CPU LAGG WITH GAMES ,THIS for windows 7 x32 & 64...i think this with all intel i7 only ,not sure about i5 & other processors..look heree for info :
    http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1puiok/getting_cpu_lag_in_battlefield_4_i_found_a_fix/
    here the fix :
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/Windows-7-amp-Core-Parking-a-better-way-to-Turn-It-OFF-m1861804.aspx

16. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Have you tried each card separately?

Do you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard?

What about the chipset drivers?

Are you overclocking? If so, have you tried at stock speeds?

If not, have you tried resetting your BIOS/CMOS? Sometimes when you switch cards, the motherboard will not update the DMI table and possibly some other things correctly which can lead to all sorts of weird problems.

17. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Thanks I will definitely try this.

I'm glad you got it fixed! :wanker:

18. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
  19. Civrock

Civrock Member