AMD Catalyst 13.3 BETA 3 (12.100.17.0 March 18)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 19, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    That hasn't happened in a very long time and I'd rather have Nvidia's drivers over AMD right now.

I feel bad for the CFX owners being told AMD is too incompetent to release drivers that don't stutter until July, and when was the GCN 7xxx released? December of 2011. Wow, 1.5 years later AMD can't do it.

Then they openly admit they have been using pretty much the same drivers for VLIW4 for GCN, and memory controller still not optimized. Wow, that's just awesome...

Then they openly admit they don't QA and Test for frame latency, just push for the fastest FPS possible. Meanwhile Nvidia is laughing hysterically because they have been doing QA & Testing for it at least the past 3 years. This crap is OLD...

And for those suffering from Enduro, AMD has never had drivers that worked properly, doesn't matter if you are on Dell, HP, Clevo, MSI, etc. And Asus won't even touch it.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i believe hes referring to the "No Driver" frame, not the exploding GPU.

3. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    Sometimes it sure seems like it for me at least. Especially when AMD repeatedly release drivers that don't even support mobile and then later have to release a hotfix to do so, that's so lame. Unified drivers my ass.

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way...

I come here to hear about new drivers and feedback of such drivers, not "lol NVIDIA is master race" and "AMD totally sucks (but gives little or no info as to why)"... I wonder if other driver forums are this bad...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013

5. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    I don't say AMD drivers are good, they were and still are a hassle ( especially for 7000 series as it seems ), but at least we play... I gave a GTX460 to my nephew and he has black screen/tdr errors. Go to Nvidia forums right now and you'll see how many got the problem... They can't even play and not a single response so far... The acronym TDR is synonym of Nvidia.

6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I don't have any problems with these drivers on my Alienware M18x R2 with dual AMD Radeon 7970M cards in CrossfireX (granted, the M18x R2 doesn't use Enduro but has a hard switch to switch between dedicated graphics and the Intel one). Performance is even better than on my Desktop with dual GTX 680s in SLi with the image quality I like (at least 4xRGSSA/4xSGSSAA, although I prefer AMD's RGSSA for quality and performance) in most games and microstuttering is noticeable on the SLi rig while I can't notice any on my CrossfireX rig. I'm pretty satisfied with these drivers so far, although there's certainly room for improvement.

7. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    On any system with CFX, doesn't have enduro. Enduro doesn't support CFX, it's too hard for AMD.

8. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    I just want one simple thing... install older versions that are less buggy then newer...and if i do that and uninstall via Catalyst uninstaller after i reebot i only get crashes, explorer has stoped working, errors... because the stupid drivers screw up the win7 registry... ( i uninstall and guess what, i go check the registry and...like magic on registry the 13.3 still there ....great.....)...:bang:

9. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    to mister Octopuss my english its not perfect i have that in my head but im from portugal sometimes my english its not so good and my gpu its driving me nuts mafia 2 unplayable bf3 micro freezes other games crash sorry for you if your qi drops 50 reading my posts its easy as buter dont post back becouse wen im reading yours my qi drops to a big 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 BUT THANKS TO WARNING ABOUT MY BAD ENGLISH IM NOT PERFECT DUDE AND SOME OF THEM UNDERSTAND IM GOING NUTS IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY TO HELP SO SHUT UP AND MIND YOUR BISENESS OK AND FOR ME THIS STUPID POST BACK TO YOU STOPS HERE GOOD NIGHT

10. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    Hey, elite - how is your on-board RAM arranged..?

seems an odd combination, er, number-wise - so to speak

..as it were..:)

11. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    lol...calm down dude! In BF3 you get microstutter if you play on ultra textures, 1gb is not enough for that amount of texture witch sucks i know, i have 2 of them (6850s). For example i can play bioshock infinite all max...easy..but i get micro stutter cause of texture...or i can put my 470gtx and overclock it like mad....but i dont know if 1280 mem makes big diference really...well in BF3 does...other games not really.

12. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

And your 100% positive the BSoD's and other stuff is being caused purely by old driver files being left behind, and absolutely nothing else?

Only way you'd know for sure is if you re-install Windows cleanly, set it up the same exact way (minus GPU drivers obviously), and install the older driver version. If it works fine, then I'll assume there might really be a problem. Otherwise...

I do realize I might be coming off a bit hostile, but I'm tired of people blaming stuff that isn't even remotely the problem most of the time :)

13. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    I am from Czech republic and somehow I am able not to type like a retard.
    I didn't bother reading rest of your post by the way.
    HINT: english skills have nothing to do with ignoring punctuation.
    Clueless ignorant idiot.

14. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    elite69 - learn punctuation
    Octopuss - learn manners
    pretty much everyone else - get the hell back on topic please

15. JTK84

JTK84 Guest

GPU:
    4 GB
    You are running the Enduro version of the Catalyst 13.3 Beta 3, right?

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-3WINBetaDriver.aspx

16. Dalton Sleeper

Dalton Sleeper Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 8GB
    I really hope they can fix CCC. When having the computer on for many hours the apply button stops working and I have to restart the computer, which is kind of a pain in the ass as I have a ram drive that is loading a 16GB file every time. This morning I couldn't switch back to 60Hz (after watching F1 with frame interpolation) without rebooting, same issue after playing games (3D settings)...

17. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

My monitor becomes unknown after a period of time without rebooting, and I think it causes some monitor power saving thing in Windows to reactive itself (which is bad for me because my monitor doesn't wake up sometimes).

No idea what causes it, but it is Windows-specific. Been running Linux and my screen sleeps and wakes without issue :)

18. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    Are you using Display Port? I had a problem with my displayport, don't know if its from drivers, my monitor or the cable, but sometimes my monitor would just say resolution out of range. I know its not from teh GFX because i had a 5970 and now i have 7970 crossfire.

19. Desde1988

Desde1988 Guest

GPU:
    VTX3D/Sapphire 7970 CFX
    I've always had issues with displayport on both of my 7970s. Screen not waking from sleep and stuff. No issues with hdmi and dvi.

20. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    did amd's driver team went to Hawaii ? long time no anything since a beta release... still can't play assassin's creed 3 and a bunch of other new titles properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.