AMD Catalyst 13.2 BETA (12.100.0 January 1) Unofficial

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    after many uncertains i diceded to instal them and i played bf3 continied just to test them out to the mission comrades and more smoothe driivers i instaled so far no crashes no blue screems sound good but i only have time to test bf3 not any more game of coursse i can sitl have problems but for now all good

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090

What...I never said it was GPU issues most of the time. Everybody knows GW2 is very CPU driven.

Maybe you should read my post fully before replying.

Yes actually Nvidia is still having bad scaling issues with SLI. I have buddies on Nvidia and they complain about it all the time. You sound as though I'm bashing the game and Anet. I love the game. Was a long time GW player. I'm just stating the obvious that AMD is the better card for GW2 right now.

I also never said DX11 is a bad thing. I said it's a good thing and who knows when they will implement it.

Really bro read my post, you really got it all backwards. I know what DX11 is, and I know it can run faster than DX9.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  3. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    funny every sli user I know who has the game gets decent scaling(within what the game will allow due to its being so cpu bound)

you sure they have updated their drivers?

you sure its not a cpu bottleneck due to how gw2 operates?

not attacking you, just that I have seen both sides getting good results with sli/cf and seen alot of reports(and had people directly tell me its scaling well)

dude, i get told im bashing anet alot, because i feel they did alot of things for stupid/bad reasons....like using dx9 so they could sell to XP users....a dead/EOL OS whos user base is made mostly of people whos systems really cant properly run this game(due to how cpu bound it is)

I prefer AMD cards, but, I cant say nvidia is a bad choice......I will stick with my 7870's tho ;)

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

On a business perspective, having DX9 is a pretty smart move just because of people either not wanting to upgrade (for whatever reason) or for those with DX9 only cards.

What would of been an even smarter move though is to of either had a DX11 mode available at launch, or of used OpenGL (OpenGL would of been the best route imo, especially in terms of OS support).

5. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    Check if your cpu cores are going out of there idle clocks i had that same problem.

6. ComputerGeekz

ComputerGeekz Guest

GPU:
    XFX Double D 7970
    I have always owned Nvidia. I have ran SLI sense its inception. Other then a couple of games that did not have SLI support from the developer it has always scaled really well for me. I sometimes will wait till the game is patched and 100% before I buy and play it. I went with AMD this time because of the deals they are offering. I came at the right time as I bought it when the 12.11 came out and AMD has worked pretty well.Muilti gpu setups is not for novice users. It is not plug and play. You must have a deep understanding on how to tweak your system. In most cases where I have seen bad scaling with SLI Its hardware issues with their system. If you have all the right hardware and know how to use it SLI is stupendous. The user just don't have a clue.

7. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    I've noticed something peculiar with these leaked 13.2 alphas: when I mine for bitcoins I've lost 50 Mhash/s, no changes in settings for the OpenCL hashing client etc..

8. far-cough

far-cough Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R7990 6GB
    ok guys and girls ive been using these since leaked now ive just come across a problem..
    in ripping files (ie mkv to avi for my server box to play on the tv)
    im using a program called xilisoft video converter ultimate.
    now it has work perfect for months and now all of the sudden it is crashing all of the time
    at start , at end , middle of the way of converting??

so my question is do the drivers have anything to do with the codecs or the program in the ripping of the movies??
    as the error is all ways the avc.exe which is the codec side errors up..
    it worked on older drivers or is it a coincidence that it is playing up??
    pls help gurus ty
    coughy :3eyes:

9. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I'm not even going to argue with you, go look at the nvidia drivers thread, as well as Anets forums. You will see just how bad Nvidia SLI scaling is with GW2. It's just how it is. It's not a guess, it's a fact.

It may be better than before, but its nowhere near where it should and could be. I never said Nvidia is a bad choice either. I said AMD is the BEST choice for GW2, and it is.

10. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    funny i been on the anet forums daily for months, I see just as many people saying their sli scales perfectly for them, as saying it scales like crap, I see the same complaints about CF, hate to tell you this but, this isnt an nVidia or AMD thing, its an Anet thing with gw2, they have serious performance issues with their game period, they know it, and they also know it in part is due to their very poor choice using dx9 rather then 11(dx9 is not well suited to multi threading, dx11 is built for it)

Im not nVidia fan, I just dont feel the need to ignore the fact that many people are reporting excellent scaling with sli, yes so report poor results but you see that with CF as well, infact you see both ALOT in the tech support section.... funny part is, much of the time its with very high end cpu's where there should be no bottle neck.

I will say it seems more common for nVidia systems to get stuck in the wrong pci-e mode(1.0 or 1x/4x mode rather then 2.0 8x or 16x) but, some of those reports I tend to take with a large grain of salt since I have seen how nVidias drivers will drop the 2nd card to slower speeds when not playing games or using sli(effectively powers it down to save energy) AMD dont do this, probably because sometimes the cards can get stuck in that slower speed till you restart.....(seen this myself with nVidia systems)

nV and AMD have done all they can on their end, anet and nV/AMD have said as much, its now down to Anet getting the 3 critical thead problem solved.....till they do that, there will still be problems with perf no matter what videocard you get.

dont be a fanboi, Honestly, Im not championing nV here, if you knew me from other forums you would know, im not a fan of the company or how they act(MFing children.....) but, the fact is, they can only do so much, they cant fix core engine issues for anet.....

well, possibly they could help.....but anet probably dosnt want their help with that....:p

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Lots of people here, and other 3d forums also say they scale well as well on GW2 on AMD.

issues on both sides with certain setups...

nature of the beast

I dont own it, so i have no skin in the game...

12. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    this is the first time you converted ever since you installed 13.2?

you might be able to use older driver dlls that you know worked fine, put them where xilisoft's exe is

if your converter is attempting to use opencl or dxva, that could explain why a driver change could act different

13. far-cough

far-cough Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R7990 6GB
    yes it is so i went back to 13.1 and it seems to be ok ive converted 6 files now and it would of crapped out by now so fingers crossed ...

14. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/tech/Average-FPS-On-Max-Settings-1920x1080

may wana read thru that, at least a couple 680sli users posted who get great fps......rather then what they got early on (negative scaling)

and if you check around various forums, gw2 is just a mess, you can have 2 identical systems hardware wise, with similar software setups and get wildly varying perf.....

I mean, watching a buddies 3960x get worse average and min fps then my system......that makes you o_O

15. NeonMiracle

NeonMiracle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX4070 Ti
    I am having some problem with the 13.2.
    Far Cry 3 is terrible now compared to 13.1. It is MACRO stuttering.
    And if I try to set BioShock CrossFire Profile, the game freezes while loading and then PC auto-restart.
    I was having this same problem with iRacing using the 13.1, and 13.2 solved it.

Now if I want to play iRacing I need to install 13.2.
    If I want to play Far Cry 3 I need to install 13.1.

I hope that the official 13.2 solves this.

16. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    the problem with OGL is that driver supports spotty at best on anything but amd/nvidia, and there are people out there using stuff like intel gfx chipsets...

and the thing about using dx9 for gw2 is, it really cant run worth a damn on systems that cant run vista or 7, hell, even top end systems in many cases get poor performance.

I have seen 3960x@4.6ghz with dual 690's that couldnt hold consistent fps above 30(constant drops to 30 or below), Alot of the features of dx11 could be used to make the game run better even on older hardware.

dx11 allows for you to build lists for supported device levels, so dx9, 10, 10.1 11, could all be supported to the feature set they support.

dx11 is designed from the ground up to support multi threading, dx9 is not well suited to multi threading(even the gw2 dev's have said this)

dx11 would have helped with their culling issues.

there are other things I could list, but the main issue with gw2 is, they spent so many years making a game without properly testing how it would run on various hardware and that they stuck with dx9 in order to sell the game to people whos systems likely cant run it worth a damn if at all.....

I dont blame the dev's as they said early on dx10 and 11 would be supported, I think either anet management or ncsoft pushed them to stick to dx9 for 2 reasons.

1. so they could sell to xp users even if the game really cant be run at any decent level of functionality on most of these systems,

2. dreams of a console port to sell to console hotdogs.

the latter is not gonna happen even with next gen consoles unless they get the core issue of thread perf fixed, because todays consoles just do not have the grunt to drive this game, when a top end intel cpu over-clocked cant consistently drive this game you have to ask why. (and with 7970's its no better ghost, before the guy got dual 690's he had 7970's in the same system)

gw2 is a blast but, i really is a mess....i know anet are working on it.....i just wish they would hire a team dedicated to a dx11 client so they could get one out for the majority of players, those of us not on xp.

meh what will be will be, nv and amd have done all they can to boost gw2 perf.....now its up to anet to "fix their shiznit"

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    So where are 13.2 betas then? I thought they were being released this week? Seen as these are early Alpha's even though Ive been using them and they are pretty good if not almost the same as 13.1 WHQL.

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    usually late on wednesday.

19. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    My trifire 7970 system gets piss poor performance in GW2. Big factor leading me to quitting the game even though I earnt myself an Incinerator.

20. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

any experience with crysis 3 open beta? for me really bad, 35fps average 1080p high dx11 with 7970 1220/1575 and 980x@4.2ghz