AMD Catalyst 12.9 (9.001 September 13) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    Asder - Is CFX working fine in games for your 5850s with the 12.9 Official Beta + 12.9 CAP1?

I've tried re-installing a few times now and I keep getting the Windows Explorer crashes when launching games!

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst129betadriver.aspx

I guess if there are two different versions, one just bundles NET Framework 4.

It should be pointed out that NET Framework 4 has been superseded by NET Framework 4.5 (4.5 directly replaces 4, not like 3.5 which was additional to 3). The best option therefore is to download NET Framework 4.5, use that, don't worry about one with the NET 4 installer.

Windows 8 already includes NET Framework 4.5, and since 4.5 is superseded, the one with NET Framework 4 is pointless. AMD should really be including 4.5 with the driver, not 4.

Download NET Framework 4.5 from here (and yes, it is the proper release version):
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2012
  3. MrSean490

MrSean490 Guest

GPU:
    ref. Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Catalyst UI looks exactly the same.

...Overdrive still crashes.

4. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Not exactly sure what would that do they haven't listened for past decade I am pretty sure they won't start listening with 1 e-mail. Only solution is to
    develop own software and that is something I'm not specially good at, but no one will even consider it now since AMD tights up all ends to their software
    and blocks other methods of using features of their sold out hardware on top of that. Further more on AMD you actually have to 'steal' the information of
    their hardware to actually make it usable and then they either publish it or blame that you are a hacker/cracker that doesn't exactly sound like their
    usually taglines of 'be innovative with AMD graphics...'.
    (not saying this to AMD alone, have absolutely no love for any of the other large corporate crap they build these days just to force us buy new hardware)

So, I don't exactly see your point here to pointing me out obvious to criticizing on their grounds last I checked I told some truths on AMD forum
    and I was banned the next day. So, only actual way to force AMD to do the required changes comes from people, news networks like guru3d to translate
    this kinda crap to 'English' so people understands that "feature now on this driver developed to people doesn't mean anything to you ever and it is an
    bogus feature which forces you to download extra 100MB instead for required 200KB driver needed for your hardware".

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012

5. Donads

Donads Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB
    Does anyone know if it finally fixes performance issues with The Amazing Spider-Man?

6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Wow, who sh1t in your fruit loops this morning?

This is real life, get used to it...

Why on earth would you think that a company that is beholden to its stock holders to make as much money as possible would do what YOU want?

There is no way in hell you are gonna get this kind of technology out of a socially responsible/open source/green/mom-and-pop company. It takes MASSIVE R&D budgets to produce this kind of tech. That takes MASSIVE amounts of capital. Last time i checked, that sh1t aint free.

So you are butthurt because you got banned from an AMD sponsored site for being a bag-of-dicks? what did you expect, honestly?

Wake up, and dispel the unicorns and rainbows...

you used to be cool twl, what happened?

7. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    Is anyone modding INFs to support 4870 cards ? I cant update past 12.6 ... please send me some info !

thanks in advance,

Bernek

8. kpo6969

kpo6969 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    If you are running Windows 8 you need to use the net framework 4.0 included driver, otherwise Windows 8 will require you to download net 3.5 in order to use the driver (CCC).
    I dual-boot Win7 x64 and Win8 x64 RTM with a 7850 and have installed Win8 several times.

9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    CCC works SO much better now.
    It opens REALLY fast, like I never seen before.

I like these :D

10. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

If that is the case, the non-NET framework 4 download must use NET Framework 3.5 for the CCC, so for Windows 8 it would be idealistic to use the NET Framework 4 version. Still, the driver should not have the old NET Framework 4 installer, it should have 4.5 since 4.5 directly replaces NET Framework 4.

The included NET Framework installer on Windows 8 will do nothing, and on Windows 7 it would install if not installed already, but would be of a big disadvantage over using 4.5. I hope that makes sense!

I don't know if anyone can get that feedback back to AMD (about 4.5 vs 4).

11. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    It's not for the CCC UI, it's for Switchable Graphics UI, Enduro 5.5 that was updated.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6333/amds-enduro-55-public-beta-driver-available

Thanks for the update. Installing now.

12. centeh

centeh Guest

GPU:
    GF 960 2GB 1190/4000Mhz
    These drivers seem pretty good, although I've only played F1 2012 and some quakelive so far. Some things I noticed after installing these

I no longer have the option to use "user defined" fan controls in Asus GPU Tweak 2.1.9.2
    I either have to go overkill with the fan speeds to be safe or use auto and risk it not spinning fast enough..

When a flash video initiates UVD mode (using hardware acceleration), a 3D application launched afterwards will now overide and bump up the clockspeeds, but only to the default speeds of the card, not the current overclock set on the card. Fully overclock speeds will return once the window that initiated UVD mode is closed. It's better than being stuck at 450mhz, but still not perfect. Hopefully these changes also effect the instability that seemed to be caused from switching into and out of this UVD mode.. fingers crossed.

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i get no artifacts in witcher 2, so that an improvement...

14. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I have the same issue as with the other 9.s... I get windows explorer stopped working errors.

15. Drakaris

Drakaris Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD5850 Xtreme
    Ok... So up until these drivers i've been using 12.1 because pretty much all others were crap. This one - performance improvement (+10-15 more fps in GW 2 in huge WvW battles), no more locking on 3d clocks while on dekstop, crossfire seems to work better. So far so good, i kinda like them. Slight problem tho. Every time i OC and then reset to default clocks after exiting a game for example, my screen starts "shaking" (no flickering or tearing, it's "shaking"). That thing used to happen back in the days with catalysts 10.xx something and never seen it after that. Now when this happens i have to either restart the PC or swap the dvi ports. I am OCing with MSI Afterburner but i don't think it's related since it doesn't have that problem with any of the previous drivers. Any idea how to fix that screen shaking and what is actually causing it?

16. MrSean490

MrSean490 Guest

GPU:
    ref. Sapphire 6950 2GB
  17. Heihachi88

Heihachi88 Guest

GPU:
    7970M CrossfireX
    Any bugs with Firefox HW acceleration in crossfire mode? Or system hangs while browsing with firefox with hw acceleration? Thanks

18. juzz

juzz Member

GPU:
    4090 watercooled
    This shouldn't be true.

NET 4.5 completely replaces and obsoletes 4.0 and when you install 4.5 over 4.0 it even removes 4.0 in win 7. And driver (and CCC) works just fine with framework 4.5 in win 7 so, don't see reason why it wouldn't work with win 8 also.

EDIT: the difference between 12.9_beta and 12.9_beta_dotnet4 is that dotnet4 package has framework client installer included. They both require framework 4 as far as I know.

19. Cynic

Cynic Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    ARMA 2 OA flashing shadows with this set

20. Newbie2012

Newbie2012 Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 8GB-CustomLoop
    I have been on the Unofficial BETA for a while now. These drivers the same? I have had zero issues so far. Best drivers since 12.4 for me. Not sure about performance numbers but played RAGE, witcher 2, Skyrim, Sleeping Dogs without a hitch.