AMD Catalyst 11.5a Hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Added a fix in the 1st post to make the driver install on windows vista.

2. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    My mouse lag seems to be gone with my ATI 5870m windows 7 64-bit
    My razer abyssus is on 1000hz and no stopping in the top right, unlike before.

3. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Not a single problem here.

4. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    everyone with "show pointer shadow" enabled has the upper corner problem with aero and windows 7...

whoever assumes the opposite he just have something disabled(un-ticked option) or custom cursor instead of original windows one...

people who say that is fixed they are trolling, because it is not even close to be fixed...

Last edited: May 10, 2011

5. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Still have it here, tbh its actually alot worse than it was before... w/e I dont play any strategy games so I just disabled mouse shadows and it went away

6. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    yeah the bug is always there until someone has disabled the mouse shadows and believes is fixed...

7. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    Yeah Yeah, you know better than me...

I have Win7 x64 SP1, CCC 11.5a and HD6950 2GB unlocked and mouse shadow enabled & i don't have any lag issues... it's my fault? :)

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  8. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    of course i know better...50% of single users have it fixed, 0% fixed for multigpu users...
    because mgpu users have 2-4 cards, have the larger piece of pie..that means it's not fixed

9. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Same here :banana:

10. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    guys any updates on witcher 2 ? did ATI mention the game? am going to look over the 10.5 whql

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Don't bother, i can you tell you now with 100% certainty, that those drivers don't have any Witcher 2 updates :p

12. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    Guys you are all crazy, seriously you have a problem...

the mouse lag is barely noticeable.. i mean I didn´t even notice it until I read it here...

And playing lots of games and doing different jobs with no problems...

its no reason to go back to old drivers or stuff xDD

why is it that it affect you so much??

Its not a color problem, or a performance issue or a Black spot in the middle of the screen, i mean come on xD

13. King Kong

King Kong Member

GPU:
    GTX Titan
    Even with fix provided by you, the newer graphics driver from hotfix here won't be installed - at least for me - under Vista x64 w/ PC 6950 2GB Reference card.
    Guess I have to uninstall the formerly installed 11.5 WHQL before installing hotfix w/ Vista fix?

14. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    some games dont have the mouselag, it's like they render the cursor differently

pointer shadow off never fixed it for me (with the aero/vista cursor), but some of the older classic windows cursors did

also it's not a win7 issue, it's also on vista, & i'm a 4870x2

what i'm gonna do is install 11.5 whql then drop the dx9/10/11 dlls into specific game folders if they need boosts/fixes, instead of dealing with the HF/vista fix

15. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    I do have it, but I would never have noticed unless I read about it and looked pretty hard. Are there games where it poses a problem?

16. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    Same here. 11.5a hotfix with mouseshadow on. Mouse lag is gone. :banana:

17. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    True. I think its a case of they (and by they I mean Perosmct, specifically) would not be happy unless they had something to moan about, and this is probably the only thing they could find. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.
    At least with the pink-hue issue awhile back, there was a bug that was pretty major, and people should've and did hold the Cat teams feet to the fire.
    But a little 2x6 pixel block on the very edge of the screen where you may or may not have some lag. I'm more concerned about the teams penchant for disabling forced AA on something every time a CAP is released.
    But for the most part, the Drivers are a damn sight better than they used to be.

18. MainerH55

MainerH55 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 & Nvidia 275 GTX
    Mouse lag still existed after Express Uninstalling previous drivers and installing 11.5a, but eliminated it by unchecking 'Enable Pointer Shadow' in mouse properties.

19. Cynic

Cynic Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    mouse lag is still here

20. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    That always worked for the desktop with any driver.. but not in games. Just a comment on these. Not sure what AMD have done, but I find the colors a lot more vibrant than before. Not really any performance boost/knock for a 5850 user, but so far these are very satisfying.