AMD Athlon 200GE Available for Purchase

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Today, AMD announced the availability of the AMD Athlon 200GE with Radeon Vega 3 graphics, optimized for everyday PC users, for purchase across the globe....

AMD Athlon 200GE Available for Purchase

2. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    This looks great for an htpc build or ultra cheap office computers would be cool if they supported fsb overclocking like AM1 platform did those where fun to play with

tunejunky likes this.
  3. Sempaii

Sempaii Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2070
    Well if it can run 1080p movies with no lag, that would be great.

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    There is hardware much worse than this (even by AMD) that could easily play 1080p videos, even 60FPS ones. I'm sure this APU could even play 30FPS 4K movies, assuming the GPU drivers are working properly.

pimpineasy and tunejunky like this.
  6. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Does it even support windows 10 lol.

pimpineasy likes this.
  7. m4dn355

m4dn355 Master Guru

GPU:
    Guru3D 2080 Super H
    It supports Crysis and full hd movies so Win 10 RS4 should be a breeze ;)

8. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    the fm2 a6300 runs 1080p movies no problem youtube 1080p no problem 720p 60fps no problem ....slight stutter on youtube 1080p 60fps ... media player classic with hardware acceleration 1080p60fps also no problem i did not bother to tune youtube cause this pc is my fathers ... he watches ace streams and sopcast streams of soccer games .... so i made him 2 years ago a 150 euros pc to do that !

so if the bulldozer dual core can do that .... this cpu now will have no problem what so ever !

9. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Guest

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570
    dumpster cpu that should of been on fm2 for ipc gains over my 860k.. This Athlon line up needs real 4 core cpu with 4 real core threads look I got scammed by amd. this cpu is only to keep their 1300x from only being 55 dollar. U suck amd. i7 2600 and i5 3470 +++are $100 dollar with full oem license to windows. trash 2006 cpu eat my shorts.
    https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/860k

read specs says 4 cores 4 threads. seems I got 2 cores 2 threads 2+2=4 quad core. I thought I was buying a real 4 core cpu with 4 real core threads.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  10. Celcius

Celcius Master Guru

GPU:
    Orchid Pro Designer
    Ease up on the coffee.

The Bulldozer architecture was released in the Fall of 2011. The Steamroller-based 860K in the Summer of 2014. So, how did the concept of a single, shared, floating-point pipeline, and two integer pipelines for each core escape your due diligence?

11. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Guest

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570
    Have you tried a i5 or i7? if amd didnt spend so much time creating shitty products they might have a good business. they frack up their rebadges to much they have so many product ids they fail.

here is a real quad core apu that is at 2ghz 15w with single channel memory wtf. my corsair dual channel ram sticks will never see their potential i should of bought some hyundai sticks. An if they actaully upgrade this a6 cpu to a a8... no rename r4 to r5.

here we have a duel core cpu and a new lower watt editions which all could be bios up dates
    drop menu 15w 25w 35w 45w 95w
    core enable disable
    wowowwow
    nope new line up piss off existing customers put features on cpu no one even wants cool

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  12. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT

It's $55. what are you expecting? the target is the price point. It is a great value for what it is.

13. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Its not a bad product at $55 dollars honestly. You have 2 core 4 thread that can handle most games plus entry-level graphics until you can get some kind of mid-range gpu in there.

I had a few Apu builds back in the day like the Kaveri ect they relly weren't that bad honestly but in no way can you compare them to Dedicated-gpu machines just too slow!

14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    when can we expect the 2080/Turing review? NDA lift today right?

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Keep on topic folks

16. Warrax

Warrax Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti
    Indeed the 860k is 4 cores and 4 threads, you might want to mess in the BIOS again and disable those low power options. If it happen to really be stuck at 2 cores whatever you do, well what are you waiting for to send it back under warranty instead of calling AMD scammer? BTW the new Athlon as much better IPC than the 860k and his architecture (based on Ryzen) is not compatible with FM2.

i7 2600 and i5 3470 doesn't come with an OEM licence, what are you talking about? These are 100$ USED and their IPC is inferior to this new Athlon which is perfect for office use. Nobodies that use Office and a web browser needs 4 or more cores so that CPU is perfect for that for the price it ask. It doesn't make sense for the 1300x to be 55$ when the competition is the i3, both share similar performance that the Athlon doesn't. Athlons are in competition with Pentiums, not i3s.

17. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Guest

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570
    How i overclock with low watt?. a8 is kavari which is 860k unclock without igpu.kalveri please learn more about different cpus. also you can find refurb pc everywhere. probably some in a dumpster somewhere. dual core is crap quad core is crap for any cpu bound game which is like 90% of early access im mean latest AAA title pc gaming industry. the i72600 and 3450 will general keep mins above 30 fps both easy beat any amd cpu besides 1300x also the 1300x isn't competing with anything because intel already sold quad core since 2014 mass produced. derp. to get on the platform is easy $800 with no future proofing unless you like building over msrp 2018 legacy toaster.

most arm cpu are running 8 core 2ghz get with the times dude perform even some gaming task better then amd cpu apu gpu line up. My watch is faster. considering the power usage it better to watch 4k steam on your phone a stream it to the tv. go to store buy consol or nvidai and new phone enjoy how it ment to be played. Athlon cpu needs to die

you wonder you got dope ass ac 5000 mesh fk me advertisments
    arm cpu router dope af 2ghz 8gb ram

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  18. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Someone doesn't understand that the cost of processors that are no longer being produced means squat since they are being sold as low as possible and are outdated in features.

It'd be like comparing a 2019 truck that's $40,000 to a 1989 truck that somehow has only 10K miles on it and cost $8000, and saying the producers of the 2019 truck are a joke because you can get a 30 year old vehicle for $8K....

Also, the 860k is a 4 core processor regardless of Windows inability to understand the bulldozer architecture. The Athlon 860K has 2 Steamroller Modules, which to windows looks like 2 cores, but each module has 2 logical processors in it, hence, it's a quad-core processor.

19. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Guest

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570
    okay 350 hp 25mpg or 5mpg 250hp? it like having a car with no ac in 2018 good luck. cars are more personal as well bruh not trash e waste every 2 yrs. someone doesn't get that no one gives a crap about a x86 x64 processor for browsing the internet.my coffee maker cand do word processing and check emails WOWOW. mind blown. not. it been able to do that since 1mhz this platform is for business development and gaming and it hasent be able to do either for 10 +years.at a consumer level. why are their 1000s of quad core intel cpu not because they buy new Athon dual core cant give u 30 fps at 13066x768. moreover, retailers like frys and neweggs still stock refurbs what planet you live on leave your dads basement. zerg bot

20. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Ah, you're one of those people who don't make coherent thoughts and instead splurge it all over the internet and are not worth speaking to since there's no rhyme or reason to anything you state. Good to know. I shall not be replying to anymore of your nonsense @pimpineasy , good luck in your nonsense!

My brain hurts from trying to read that above....statement....