AMD’s Radeon R9 390X ES Performance Numbers Leaked - Faster than Geforce 980

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GPU

GPU Guest

it only needs the nv trick of 1500mhz @same power

2. HunnoPT

HunnoPT Guest

GPU:
    Tri-X OC 290 CF 4GB+4GB
    About the power efficiency yes , it will be much better then the Hawaii(290/290x) , specially on the 390x that is 20nm.

More efficient then Maxwell i dont think so, as Maxwell is the most power efficient architecture ive seen so far, its damm good. So from the leaks its seems to be about the same as Maxwell.

About the crossfire vram thing, we cant really know as things will change a bit even if its still CGN it can work in a different way..wait to see i guess :)

3. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    ummm....:3eyes:

its not a potato. its a leaked graph of the latest benchmarks. it has hbm....hash brown mmmmmmm

4. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super

sorry my mistake I am so impressed with the new mash cooler coated in the latest butter tech

5. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    Like totally!!!! :nerd:

6. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    LOOOL HAHAHA rofl XD :D

7. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    So If I put an AMD card in my profiles you will feel better?I can do that for u,but pls try to stay calm.
    I love all the AMD guyz,like you,getting their pants wet over this without even understanding what it is. Unless AMD greatly improves perf/watt compared to Tonga, something they completly failed to do with Tonga itself and have been unable to do for the past 3 years... HBM is not going to help them regain the perf crown nor perf/watt in any significant way. They'll be 10% faster than GM200 after which they'll be massacred by whatever Nvidia comes up with in 20/16nm.
    People who bought the 900 series are going to enjoy 6+months of better performance, much better power/thermals and noise. And the big brother GM200 hasn't even been released yet and that will come with 50%++ performance over GTX 980.
    In the meantime, AMD guyz still waiting for 6 months. Waiting 6 months for what it could be... there's always going to be something better in 6 months. When the 390x releases in 2H 2015, it will probably be less than 6 months before 16nm Maxwell/Pascal is released and 6 months later AMD will release something and Nvidia something even better 6 months later.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Yup it is never ending cycle. There is something better always on the pipeline.

9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I don't think switching your profile will help matters due to the fact of that this guy is an AMD fanboy and a troll for anything Nvidia and he will find something else to complain about. Plus I agree with you that AMD needs to improve their performance per watt from the 290x to the 390x and so on and so forth. And AMD can put all the new technology they want in their cards Without the power efficiency then the cards will not have very good performance/thermals unless the new technology helps with thermals. And I also agree that anytime AMD releases something worthwhile Nvidia releases something that is vastly improved.

10. HunnoPT

HunnoPT Guest

GPU:
    Tri-X OC 290 CF 4GB+4GB
    How am i a AMD fanboy just for showing some news about the on topic GPU?
    Did you even read my posts or just that last one?
    Your point is :puke2: when i just said it i had switched between AMD and Nvidia since ever(+10y), i allways buy the best bang for the buck piece of hardware in the market, no matter if its AMD or Nvidia. Like i said i want to switch my 9 290 for a gtx 970..more efficient ,lower temps and a few fps+ in 1080p. Not in 2k or 4k because in that even my 290x compete with 980 as i showed before and you can all see in the Benchmarks made by Guru3d.

You guys are the REAL fanboys who just shake in fear at anytime Nvidia or AMD release a piece of hardware that is best of the one you have.

That war is so old..as its stupid, and you nerds need to get a life :3eyes:

in the other hand some amazing news from Nvidia :

3D Memory: Stacks DRAM chips into dense modules with wide interfaces, and brings them inside the same package as the GPU.
    This lets GPUs get data from memory more quickly – boosting throughput and efficiency – allowing us to build more compact GPUs that put more power into smaller devices.

The result: several times greater bandwidth, more than twice the memory capacity and quadrupled energy efficiency.

Unified Memory: This will make building applications that take advantage of what both GPUs and CPUs can do quicker and easier by allowing the CPU to access the GPU’s memory, and the GPU to access the CPU’s memory, so developers don’t have to allocate resources between the two.

NVLink: Today’s computers are constrained by the speed at which data can move between the CPU and GPU. NVLink puts a fatter pipe between the CPU and GPU, allowing data to flow at more than 80GB per second, compared to the 16GB per second available now.

Pascal Module: NVIDIA has designed a module to house Pascal GPUs with NVLink. At one-third the size of the standard boards used today, they’ll put the power of GPUs into more compact form factors than ever before.

Tshe bad thing is this will olny come in 2016 series so we may see AMD practicing the same prices as Nvidia ,and not the bang-for-the-buck we are all used to :(

I wonder if im a Nvidia fanboy now..?

11. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    The fact that your not sure if you are a NVidia fanboy would suggest that your a bit like me a TECH fanboy I think to be Nvidia or an AMD fan boy is sad as a PC user we should want the best and it does not matter where it comes from it just got to be GOOD! if you want OK buy a console

12. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060

I'm not a fanboy of anything because In my posts I didn't make any fanboyish statements nor that I am afraid of either company releasing hardware that is newer than what I have. To tell you the truth hardware changes all the time and new stuff always comes out. As soon purchase a new piece of hardware it is already obsolete.

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I can't believe this POS troll thread is still going.

14. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Guest

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    It's like a football match for those who are no good at sports!

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Bout time for the mods to close it....

16. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I agree. It has already gone too far.

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm closing this thread until more credible information comes out.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Me neither, but seeing is believing. just some random talk about downsampling does not mean they will add it to their drivers. Unless you have a tweet which confirms it they will of course.

sorry didnt notice this lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.