AMD’s Lisa Su Hints that high-end 7nm NAVI GPUs are on the way

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 1, 2019.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Seeing as how few games presently support ray tracing, and how long it's going to be before ray tracing is a major "feature" of every game.... Why should anyone prioritize it at this point? Through DXR, Navi has ray tracing capability, btw....

If you don't play games that support ray-tracing, then the capability provides no added value. None of the games I play support or will support ray-tracing in the near future, therefore, the additional $50-100 cost for a graphics card with the same or similar performance doesn't make sense just to get "RTX"... Maybe if DA4 ever gets released and supports ray-tracing, I may reconsider my position on the "tech".....

It makes more sense to look at the "bigger picture" when making a purchase. Features and functions that won't be utilized don't add value. It doesn't matter if you prefer NVidia or AMD. Unused "features" don't add value to the product.

In the future, games are more likely to support DXR than they are RTX anyway.....

It was already said that DXR is supported by Navi....and seeing as how DXR is built into DX12 and provides ray-tracing functions....Navi, technically, supports ray-tracing.

2. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    I know that :D but the user who i was asking don't. Thats why (or maybe just fanboyism) his first post in this thread was unfortunate.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Lol, I limit fps at all times and have VSync disabled. No tearing whatsoever. That includes Fury X, RX-580 and RX 5700 XT.

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    There's quite a few misguided posts in this thread. Happens in every AMD related thread. They get swamped by fanboys and shills that want to see AMD fail at everything....

carnivore, screwtech02 and ManofGod like this.

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Yeah I know. That's exactly what I meant by lottery. Two different FS panels here. Same story.

The definition of bug, of dodgy sw or hw is not 100% of time not working for 100% of people. Those kind of products don't get to pass the early development stage, let alone to hit the market.

Aura89 likes this.
  6. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Really doubt it'd be priced so high, AMD isn't stupid as it'd be a no brainer if the two cards are priced similarly. IF priced similarly, I'd of course take the RTX2080 Super, IF I were to upgrade that is......I'm betting that the 5800XT would be cheaper.

Undying likes this.
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I wasn't aware of that / not considering it since I'm running a custom loop watercooling, but yeah that's probably a plus for those using air. Although the people I know personally, don't give a damn about that, excep they notice in loudness of the fans. But I concurr, it's a plus for AMD.

Like I said, when I do make the move from 1440p to 4K in the future, I'll have to consider all of my ecosystem investments again, anyways. And besides the screen there is nothing keeping me with Nvidia but performance considerations.