Age of Conan officially out!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Daftshadow, May 21, 2008.

1. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    grrr! i want to play AoC! but there's still no AoC server present in our country! T_T

2. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    Just some quick questions about AoC.

* Whats the level cap on AoC?

and

* Whats is the story like, is it immersive or is it abit wishy washy?

3. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    The PvE level cap is 80 and the PvP cap is 20. So far i quite like the story, the dialogue is much different from other MMO's, it feels like a Bioware rpg at times. However i'm still doing quests in Tortage so i don't know how the story holds once you leave.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    So, again... Is it a typical MMORPG like WOW or LOTRO? What's new in this? I know the fighting system is different but that isn't enough to sway me. Any interesting innovative features? Or just typical quest after quest grinding?

5. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    Mostly quest grinding with raiding later on, however you can build guild PvE cities and fight mob cities. There's also guild v guild siege PvP in the Border Kingdoms.

6. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    the graphics are great lotr cant even be compared to it. if youre really trying to be "swayed" into playing the game you should go and visit the official website as im sure no one in here really gives a rats ass wether you play it or not. its an mmo of course its going to be similar to other mmos in game play style or else it probably wouldnt be an mmo. check the website read about it ,view screenshots, watch videos do some reasearch if you really want another mmo to play, but stop saying nothing is swaying you or youre really not impressed or do't justify paying a such amount. maybe you should play archlord, that should be cheap enough for you, how can u complain about not being swayed when its free

7. Celeras

Celeras Banned

GPU:
    eVGA GTX780 ACX SC
    I run the same exact settings, except shadows turned off.

And only because I prefer to have 50+ fps instead of 30, its playable either way.

8. Steven Hone

Steven Hone Paolo the Gun

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 3X OC
    How do I download and play? Im not waiting days for a copy!

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    How about you shut your mouth and go away?

EDIT: This is a joke. I have to register the retail key to be able to enter the official forums? So I can't just go and read about the game where it would be most appropriate, no I have to buy the bloody game first?

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  10. Ghettorat

Ghettorat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 ClassifiedSLI
    The truth hurts doesnt it? Why dont you make any effort to find out yourself? Expecting everyone to hand you information on a silver plate and even then you throw crap in their faces.

Get off your high horse dude...

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I tried... I have to buy the game to be able to go on the official forum and learn from actual players about the game... That's wrong.

12. Ghettorat

Ghettorat Guest

GPU:
    Yeah i agree thats quite rubbish. Also it seems that euro players cant go to the official US forums and vice versa.

13. Steven Hone

Steven Hone Paolo the Gun

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 3X OC
    I just bought it in my local game... taking its time installing... massive lol

- i dont normally buy hard copies :(

14. Agizor

Agizor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512MB
    If anybody else can please spare a key, I would appreciate it very much. Looking to escape WoW for a while - Need help! Want to try it out :)

Thanks all

15. Ghettorat

Ghettorat Guest

GPU:
    I am not continuing playing this game until they do something with the performance. I am not playing this game on medium settings with BILINEAR filtering (thats what it sets it to on default with medium gfx). I can have up to 100 fps outside the city with 2xAA, bloom, 1680x1050 with lots of options on max (except shadows). When i get to the city it just falls to 5-10 fps.

I work just 10 mins from the Funcom offices + a Funcom employee pops into our store every other day so ill give him a dosage next time i see him ;p

16. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    the graphics are pretty good, definitely the best out in any mmo, but of course it really depends on your tatse in what type of graphics you prefer. i also play eq2 and i prefer it over wow graphics because i think its more realistic where as my friend plays wow likes wow better because he likes the cartoon look. yea i was going to mention having to register to view the forums which yes is very retarded, but they say they will be opening them to the public before too long. theyve made combos part of the fighting system, where as u cast a spell or ability and then it will show a follow up move to finish the combo. they already have something similar to this in eq2 called heroic opportunitys (ho's) but it is more intuitive in aoc. i personally think they have dumbed eq2 down to be more like wow (i feel wow fanboys coming in force now) which theyve made it easier to do everything to attract a bigger fanbase because people are lazy and feel like its too hard and time consuming to do anything, but thats the nature of any mmo, time consuming. this is why so far i like conan its still pretty tough to accomplish quests and to travel. one thing i dont like about it is it seems that the zones are pretty small and cramped in where you can actually travel around in and paths seem enclosed, not huge open zones such as found in wow and eq, but then again im only lvl 9 and i hear that once u get in the higher lvls you have a lot more zones which are really big and open. and from the screenshots ive seen on the website it does appear this way. if youre looking for a challenge and some pretty nice graphics (more realistic wise) then give it a try, the 1st month is free but of course u need to provide a cc so that way they can charge u for the next month if u dont cancel. i like somethings about it and i dislike some things about it. i still log on eq2 and play to get away from conan and vice versa. try score a buddy key from someone if you can, hopefully before too long they will release a demo area to try and attract more players, but with the numbers they have in sales i dont think theyre too worried about anyone other than the current subscribers, unlike eq2 and wow that have been out and compete against eachother and are always trying to attract more players, u can buy eq2 with every expansion and adventure pack atm for like $30. the official website for conan has alot of info on the gameplay and the graphics ect.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Any more feedback from guys playing it? First hand experience? I might go and get the game on tuesday, not sure yet, need to free up some space on my HDD.

18. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Some pics maxed out would be nice too. Does it have DX10 support like was announced?

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Not yet.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I don't think it has it yet. It says it does on the box, but they'll release it later in a patch I think.