After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keputran69

keputran69 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX Titan
    Oh god i am drooling, cant wait for the new version released:banana:
    Your Mod actually made my game looks great and it increased my fps, keep up the good work.

2. Lumicko

Lumicko Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Gtx 780 Ti
    Damn.. :D this one looks pretty awesome. I think ill use this one. And with The Worse it will look epic I think :D

3. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    I understand what a Modder is I used to mod for a few games years ago wen I was younger I no longer have the time and patience for such things my self but I feel his tweaking for the sake of doing it.

Colour Grading is normally done after colour correction if his done colour correction what standard has he done it to? then comes the point I made before if his going by his own monitor and environment it wont be the same for a majority. Now he could be using Colour grading term and meaning colour correction but still if it is colour correction what will it be to sRGB values like most displays are calibrated to?

sRGB Values
    Chromaticity/Red/Green/Blue/White point
    x 0.6400 0.3000 0.1500 0.3127
    y 0.3300 0.6000 0.0600 0.3290
    Y 0.2126 0.7152 0.0722 1.0000

4. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC

5. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    And I have a feeling your typing for the sake of typing... regardless of what you think let TW do his thing, remember this is entirely up to him to produce and he isn't under any contractual obligation to change/modify anything. He can basically do as he wishes, ok? :bang:

6. Nazgulled

Nazgulled Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX780 OC 3GB
    Sorry if this was already asked and/or mentioned but this is a long thread already...

I'm just curious but does this mod enable similar effects like in the left-side of the following screen shot?

[​IMG]

I'm specifically talking about all that steam in the ground and coming from the ceiling...

7. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    He doesn't even seem to know what colorgrading is going to do in the game, I didn't even show a screenshot of how it looks now lol and he says that is bad.. bla bla, whatever.

8. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    If we stick to the E3 graphics and colour, we can't go too far wrong.

hahaha! :)

This is not possible because they used Nvidia Physx, or at least that's what TheWorse and I speculate when it comes to many of these added effects, such as Aidan's coat for instance.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  9. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    I can't get sweetfx to work because it gives me some kind of error I googled and it's related to windows 8.1 I found out, did manage to get eFX running but as far as I could tell it wasn't doing much.

Anyone out there who is using eFX ?

10. Grestorn

Grestorn Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 680 / 4 GB
    +1

@TheWorse:

I like that you're activating stuff like headlight shadows (even if a bit buggy) and anamorphic lens flares on the headlights.

But please don't try to change the actual mood of the game by fiddling with the colors or saturation etc. If anyone wants to have different colors etc, he can always use SweetFX himself.

And changes like a faster time scale or denser city population CAN be useful but also should always stay optional, just as any other option that affects the gameplay itself (and yes, that includes DoF).

First and foremost I want to PLAY the game and not make beautiful screenshots... :)

11. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    SweetFX does not work on Windows 8.1, unless you force it through radeonPro. I written a guide here:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1485750/how-to-use-sweetfx-in-windows-8-1

12. Nazgulled

Nazgulled Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX780 OC 3GB
    So, they used PhysX for the E3 demo and completely removed it (not disabled like the other settings?

Man, that sucks... The game looked really alive with those added effects.

13. somebody2978

somebody2978 Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 650 Ti 2GB AMP!
    Excellent! It's the best version I've tested so far. Dynamic DoF is magnificent! Although I personally would have preferred a little less blur intensity, but this way is fine.
    The closed camera version (my favorite) further enhances the sense of realism.
    And upgrade included [​IMG]

Thank you very much!!! :D

14. iLLuMiNaTi

iLLuMiNaTi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Yea but nVidia Physx takes too much power. I mean did you ever play AC4 with PhysX?

15. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti

16. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Remember what UBIFAIL said!

Yep, a 2015 game can't use the visuals from the E3 demo! :bang:

I guess physics is also ahead of it's time which is why it can't be used! :bang::bang:

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

if we learned something from Ubisoft partnership with Nvidia , a Physx patch should land a month or so from today like AC4 physx patch that added lots of unnecessary smoke/fog , with WD the physx patch might add more like particles from cars .... etc

18. Blashix

Blashix Guest

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB
    Hi im bad English. Please link only patch or update 1.03 Watch Dogs and patch+the worse mod. Thanks

19. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Well, the smoke and debris on the streets just uses normal CPU time physics luckily.

Glad you liked my guide.

20. Nazgulled

Nazgulled Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX780 OC 3GB
    Why unnecessary? In the particular case of the WD demo, I think it really added much more realism to the game. On that particular scene, it looks so bland without it. Not sure about AC4.

To be honest, haven't really played anything in the past few years. I just got around building my first powerful gaming rig.

Watch Dogs and Crysis 3 are on the top of my list to play and I want to push this rig to the limit and see what it can and can't do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.