After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    Honestly, game looks better @ stock. Just the previous mod working before patch was good enough IMO.

2. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    I had my own xml running in read only so that was the prob. So i delete it so the game would load the patch settings... But yea dof is better... But when i turn of dof and motion blur because i never use them... it's no different then 0.7 :) Shadows cast the same lol.. Whats suppose to be different for those that don't like dof and motion sickness? and animation is missing :) so it's kinda worse...

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  3. Iron-IC-Man

Iron-IC-Man Guest

GPU:
    HD7970 (Dual-X) 3GB 1.2V
    Sorry, but this mod has totally ****ed up the game... sure it looks good, but animation is missing! load after death phone zoom out, no more hands in pocket and street debris sits there and trees are ****ed up.... aidens jacket doesn't react to weather.

These are key elements which make the game plausible.

What have you guys been doing... This is laughable.

Forget to mention!!! even after i remove the patch the same issues reside.

No zoom phone animation no hands in pocket.

Luckily i didn't touch my legit copy.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  4. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I'm a bit confused by this, do I have to have DoF on for this mod to work? It's a cool effect for screen shots but I found it annoying during actual gameplay. I figured this worked like the UBI patch. Set up the settings to make the patch file, and configure the graphic settings whichever way works for me.

5. sulleyboo0

sulleyboo0 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780ti SLI
    I absolutely agree with you, these are key elements that make the game look great. For that reason, I removed all patches, even UBI's and playing with stock. game. Surprisingly it's running fantastic lol I wish I had the DOF though. TheWorse 0.7 mod was running great except that every other respawn, textures get ****ed up and overlay over each other. I wish I'm losing hope with here and sticking to my stock game. This forum makes Watch Pigs like the only game on this planet. I seriously started to hate the game because of this forum.

6. somebody2978

somebody2978 Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 650 Ti 2GB AMP!
    0.8 screenshots?

7. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    No one is forcing you to read the forums. No one is forcing you to play watch dogs. No one is forcing you to use a mod. If anything you're causing yourself misery, no one else.

8. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I swear to god everything has to be spelled out in little kid sentences sometimes.... SIGH! No you don't need DoF on to have the mod work. I said to turn it on so you'd be able to tell if the mod was working. You probably don't understand that either. I said turn on DoF. Then you can see if things are blurry at a distance. If they are, that means the mod is working. If everything is still clear with DoF on, that means its not working. Understand?

9. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
  10. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Dude, I appreciate the help, but if you feel the need to answer questions voluntarily you kind of forfeit the right to complain about it. I'm actually a pretty experienced modder, you can find me on Qhimm forums as well. This forum is currently 46 pages long, with the first one being like what, 200? I skim these posts at this point. What you said didn't make sense, so I asked instead of looking through the forum as to what you were talking about. Regardless of douchebaggery I appreciate the help, thanks.

11. byhebert

byhebert Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 2GB
    not even a PATH.DAT created, only changed the "PATCH.DAT"
    ta it right?

12. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    By the way though guys, this link really takes awhile to download. Mines at about 25 minutes and only at 15%. This could be due to overload if too many people are downloading it at once, but Mega is generally slower. I'd suggest an alternate option like 4shared or gdrive.

13. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    So Maldo's textures gives the patch it's size.... But what textures did Maldo change?

14. WINTENDO

WINTENDO Member

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Asus rog
    MalDo Texture FIX + Ubisoft Patch fix + Mod 0.8

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I started about an hour and a half ago. 68%...

Brutally slow :(

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Had a good laugh... :D We won't all survive the final judgement lol

Great patch, my game runs so smooth and looks amazing <3 would have been game of the year with this quality on retail .

17. Zorbak

Zorbak Guest

GPU:
    gtx 670 4 GB SLI
    I installed TheWorse 1.8 mod with MalDo's installer but without maldo's texture fix, and after playing it for a half hour or so, I think the mod is great even with it's little quirks. It's running way smoother for me than it was vanilla, and looks fantastic with my own sweetfx settings. I kinda crack up at the crazy potted plants because it just makes it seem like a windy day all the time to me, and that's perfectly cool with me. It brings some life to the game that it was lacking before.

Good work man, keep it up!

18. Abottwhite27

Abottwhite27 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 660 TF
    Thanks again for your hard work fellas! I noticed a bug as there's no explosion sound when boats blow up. Beside the other mentioned issues it is great improvement

19. Sinji

Sinji Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid
    I trust all the minor stuff will be sorted out. The most important thing for me is that the mod made the game actually playable. Some screens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is with a sweetfx preset btw

20. S1Lent40

S1Lent40 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 780 ACX 3g
    Thanks for the clarification.

Thread Status: