690 GTX Club/Overclocking/Benchmarks!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Veteran, May 8, 2012.

1. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    It happen for my friend with a gtx 690 as well, but after he formated his systemdrive it was okay again. Maybe it works to just use driwer sweeper too tho ? :)

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    remember to breathe and stay cool calm & collect ;)

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    When I said don't make it sound too good, I didn't mean that! I honestly hope that you can find the cause quickly. It's unlikely to be your PSU as you have more than enough juice for that card. Is the card seated properly in the slot (it's a heavy card isn't it?) and are the PCI-E power connectors inserted fully?

At a guess I say it was a driver issue so why not try uninstalling the v301.34 ones and using the previous v301.33 ones? Are you running the card at stock speeds and is the fan working properly (what are the temps on both GPUs during a game and at idle)? Also, have you installed the 3D drivers? If so then try uninstalling them (I think there are two from memory).

4. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    P.S. You could try installing DirectX Runtime (June 2010) again and your chipset drivers in case they're the culprits.

5. TechFreaK

TechFreaK Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX570 Custom OC
    @ Veteran
    You can try this, go to each game/benchmark profile and select prefer max performance instead of adaptive.

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Or just set the Global profile to "Prefer maximum performance". That's what I did for my GTX 580 and GTX 680 otherwise the cards would run at 2D clock speeds in less demanding games like Psychonauts for instance.

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Try clocking the cards a bit lower for less demanding games, you may be able to push them hard enough to get 3D clocks to activate.
    You can make a single button click profile on MSI Afterburner.

8. TechFreaK

TechFreaK Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX570 Custom OC

Nah i wouldnt do that.. Then you get prefer max performance in all adaptive applications (firefox, etc.).

Idk it works fine here if i force it per game profile, even in something older like Return to castle Wolfenstein. :)

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  9. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    Veteran: Hows it going ? you get it sorted out ?

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ok guys thanks for the support,i think it was when the driver stopped responding it must have corrupted some data because whenever i reinstalled and rebooted my desktop was very laggy not to mention anything else.

So i uninstalled the driver then reinstalled it and rebooted and all is good,i dont like this driver tbh 301.34 as ive had this problem as ive explained and also when i finished the heaven benchmark 5 mins ago and my score came up,i pressed quit and my pc bsod,i havent had a bsod in a very long time,so for me these drivers arnt the best but they will have to do for now.

Anyhow i have some benchies(stock gpu settings) for 3d mark vantage,3d mark 11,Heaven dx 9,10 and 11,but i have to rush out with the wife now so ill post them as soon as i get back.:)

11. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    I've just cancelled mine as the store now says there is a delay and stock due on the 17th, now i'm pissed :cussing:

Lost all interest for now, saved £828 mind but would have preferred the card.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Why doesn't the GTX 690 have an HDMI port like the GTX 670 and GTX 680? It has three DVI ports instead of the expected two. I haven't used DVI in years, instead I've tended to use DisplayPort or, now, HDMI.

13. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Mine's arrived and is sat down stairs (I'm at work!). Anyway, I use the DVI connectors as I predominantly game using 3D Vision and that only works through DVI.

14. TechFreaK

TechFreaK Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX570 Custom OC
    What BSOD did you get?

Could be your OC fault, this 690GTX will stress your system more compared to 2x 295GTX, esp. main ram and pcie lanes.

Did you thinker with bios voltages yet?

Im also at these 301.34 and they're the best from all 30x.xx.

15. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    For 120Hz hi res or Stereo (3D).
    You can use a DVI to HDMI adapter or DVI to HDMI cable.

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I just been reading the forums on the web and other people with 690,s have reported bad behavior similar to what i was getting,its definitely a driver issue and supposedly nvidia are onto it.

Anyway some benchies,all benchies done with GPU stock settings!
    All benchies done with 301.34 WHQL driver.

Rating for me: Poor driver...improper shutdown/hanging.

This is a better driver 301.33,fixes shutdown and hanging.
    http://download.gigabyte.ru/driver/vga_driver_nvidia_(win7)vista64_301.33.exe

3D mark Vantage Physx on
    [​IMG]

Physx off
    [​IMG]

3D Mark 11 Physx on
    [​IMG]

Physx off
    [​IMG]

Heaven Bench DX9
    [​IMG]

DX10
    [​IMG]

DX11
    [​IMG]

Will not be doing any overclocking until a more/better stable driver is released,stay tuned:)

Edit...Im no longer running the U2711 as my Dad now has it,im going to get one of those Korean 120hz IPS monitors,atm im running on my Previous Dell U2410 IPS which i sold on Amazon sometime back but buyer backed out so i thought i may as well keep it:)

17. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    Seems like a sweet card! :)

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah,one thing i will say is when these are at full load like in heaven bench they throw out alot of heat at the front and rear so make sure your case has good air flowing through it.

My card idles at around 25-29 degrees which is great.

Im very happy with it so far,have not played any games yet though.

19. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    is any one still buying these rather have 670 sli any day of the week must be best bang per buck yet

20. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    This thread is about 690, go start your own thread if you wanna cry about how much it cost, or maybe stand in the well fair line would suit you better.... [​IMG]