6 Monitor Display Setup What GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by AC_Avatar100400, Nov 13, 2012.

1. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Guest

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    Hay there Gurus so a mate of mine wants to run 6 displays in his wall for tv/movies and mainly to run a image or background of some place.
    So i looked around and cant find a clear answer i know i need a AMD card using eyefinity.but i cant find any answers to whats a good card to run 6 monitors that i can buy easily here in australia any sugestions?.

2. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
  3. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Guest

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    Yes but i need to be able to buy a card like that in australia.

4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm pretty sure the Flex series is available in Australia, and I'd highly recommend one from personal experience. Just check some of the local stores and online retailers available to you and see if they stock the cards. There are also some Asus cards that support up to six monitors, such as the HD 7970 DirectCU II.

5. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Guest

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    Thanks for the reply Darkest i did see the 7970 Direct CUII and i mentioned it to the guy he plans on getting that for his 6 display monster.And i did some looking around on the sites i like no Flex series but i will go to the shops and ask later today.Anyone else got any sugestions?

6. lenne

lenne Guest

GPU:
    1080 GTX Gainward
    Go with the asus if he can afford it, the direct cu cooling design is really nice. But keep in mind that ideally the monitors for the wall have native Display port support, otherwise ( hdmi / dvi ) ull need 4 adapters to get them running.

7. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Guest

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    Yes lenne he can afford it many is not a issue here.And we are ordering a 7970 DCII soon.

8. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Be sure to post impressions of the card. It's one hell of a bit of kit.

9. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Guest

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    Yeah will do mite even get some pics of this crazy thing aswell as the setup or do a video on it.Thanks for the advice everything i can find says the 7970 DCII is the only option thats easy to find here in australia.Anyone got any advice on display software i can find for more complex display setups?.

10. DummyPLUG

DummyPLUG Guest

GPU:
    Titan X

11. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Guest

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    Its still going to be demanding for one card so the 7970 should have enough grunt.
    And i still need to buy this from 1 of 6 aus stores that dont stock any of those cards or the Firepro card i wanted to start with.Thanks for the reply tho :).

12. DummyPLUG

DummyPLUG Guest

GPU:
    Titan X
    by the way, remember to get a display calibration kit such as spyder4, as even it is the same model the color/brightness may have a little bit different across them

13. loc

loc New Member

GPU:
    Asus 3080 TUF OC
    I didn't catch what resolution you're about to use on the monitors. With 7970 DCII you have to set 2nd DVI port to single link mode (1920x1080 max) which enables the 4th DP port and the other DVI is always single link only. So at the end you would be using 4x DP + 2x SL-DVI.

Also reminder that if you end up using less monitors and want to use DL-DVI port prepare for possible compatibility problem with 27" 2560x1440 and 30" 2560x1600 monitors. They tend to show green flashing pixels. The DL-DVI port is 'weak' in that one which is why I had to swap my card.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  14. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Guest

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    Got software for that.

most likely 1080p monitors the guys has no problem with money.
    Thanks for the replys guys.

15. lenne

lenne Guest

GPU:
    1080 GTX Gainward
    Software wise ure pretty much covered with amd ccc atleast to start, u can either configure the displays to work as one huge single display ( eyefinity ) or u can use them individually and split them in grids etc with the hydragrid manager which is again included in the amd driver software.