5 sec stutter when using att

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by skugpezz, Nov 8, 2008.

1. skugpezz

skugpezz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X Stock
    ok I used att to oc my 4850 and now ever 5 sec in all games it itches what can I do to fix that? I really like att but the stutter is killing me even in 3dmark it stutters, but if I uninstall it the games play perfect... but i cant goo over 700 on core in ccc so I really need some help

2. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    If you're using latest far cry 2 hotfix roll back to 8.10 WHQL, should fix it.

The hotfix broken overclocking in riva/att/amdgpuclocktool...

3. skugpezz

skugpezz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X Stock
    ok but dont I need the hotfix so i can play the games properly?

4. AXS

AXS Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD 4800
    Funny one, you worry more about theories, yet your games give you shutter in practice. Just try it if works, go with that. Or do you believe more in what other say then in what you see with you own eyes. :eek:c:

5. selivan

selivan New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4850 512
    disable the OSD of ATT

6. BlueKnight83

BlueKnight83 Guest

GPU:
    X1800XT 512MB
    I have the same problem.

ASUS HD4850 Reference. Modified BIOS like MSI 160/500 in 2D. Catalyst 8.11 and CCC installed.
    I easy method for see the stuttering is to play Demo in 3DMark05.. in the first 10 seconds of the game i see the spaceship stutter.. i don't know the exact english traduction.. but the scene block for half second and than restart whit the normal velocity.

Whitout ATT all go well. Installing ATT i have problem. Unistalling ATT the problems continue. I should unistall ATT e reinstall drivers for have not problems.

My OST is disable.. the same for ATT Monitor.

7. BlueKnight83

BlueKnight83 Guest

GPU:
    X1800XT 512MB
    Ok.. i found the problem..

Whit the last beta installed, i try to activate ATT monitor. Whit the Monitor active i have stuttering.. whitout no problems.

For me there is a king of bug in the monitor, this is what i can see in 5 minutes of tests. Now i try somekind of other test.

8. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Where did you see a bug? You enabled monitoring, added (I think( everything you can and trying to play game with monitoring in background? Don't you think that this will give you stuttering because ATT must update monitoring? And all of sources works directly with video board registers and required more CPU ticks !