29-06-16 It's coming ...

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Just like nVidia promised 2150MHz on GTX1080? :)
    They'll say anything to get you to buy their stuff.

2. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    lot of people: this is why bestseller where HD77**, HD78**, R7, GTX750 and GTX950/960...

with those you can use 98% of the game in good condition, most people don't need to spend over 250 Euro for a gpu.

3. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    @Hilbert, did you /will you get any new driver today /tomorrow from AMD for rx480?
    Also can u do a good digging about overclocking? Like what voltage? clock /power consumption curve? And the max clock.. Is it bound to architectural limitations or 6pin only power delivery or bios-tdp-locked? Please please please

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Ye but, AMD should also come with a competitor for atleast the 1070. As not everyone is interested in CrossFire these days.

5. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Hardly. My 680 still handles 1440p in 99% of games. There are only a few AAA games, that I tend to not bother with anyway, that it doesn't handle at decent image quality settings.
    nvidia have screwed us over and put out a card that is WAY too expensive. AMD are releasing one that might sit at the perfect price/performance ratio, and it seems very likely I'm going to pick it. Certainly not going to pick any midrange nvidia card, those have been awful for years now.

6. BrimStone101

BrimStone101 Guest

GPU:
    16 gig
    overclock

All the hype over this card from the nvidia side thats the only reason people would lie about performance.
    1500+mhz 1600+mhz propaganda setting unattainable expectations.
    It dont need to be a overclockable card for it to be good.
    people dont pay for a card @ $200 to overclock it because its a buget card for the masses.
    Im pretty sure all the benchmark leaks and overclock leaks are moles from the green camp as an
    attempt to upset peoples expectations to limit the damage from the market share loss that will happen.
    Cant prove that but why else would people lie. the tactics used
    are despicable and rather idiotic but what else can we expect from the desperate.

7. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    It's only the modern use of "enthusiast" that has come to mean "people who can afford top-end GPUs and K-model CPUs".
    Why wouldn't I try to OC the card if I could get more out of it? Like when we had the 7900GT and volt-modded it to run at GTX speeds...

8. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    Those rumors were for the custom cards. We will see what those cards bring if they come with an 8+6 pin combination

9. BrimStone101

BrimStone101 Guest

GPU:
    16 gig
    The card lacks shading units to take any advantage of any overclock it might achieve.
    power usage is a ever increasing angle giving less and less return the higher you go.
    If it over clocks by 100 its good in my book because its far from an enthusiast card,
    Yet i guarantee people will slag it off as much and as often as they can.
    People need to remember this card forces nvidia to lower their prices and for that reason alone everyone should be great full for it.

10. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Sadly it won't affect Nvidia prices, unless it can directly compete with 1070.
    Whoever want performance of 1070 or 1080 will have to pay additional price.

Also, I won't expect shops to sell 480 at $200 in near future. Maybe 3 months later. Same story with Nvidia.

AMD 480 target audience starting from Nvidia 960 or AMD 390 and before it.
    For people who upgrade from old hardware, 480 might be reasonable once price is stabilized.

11. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Since many are playing at 1080p they do not even currently need 1080, nor does everyone have the money. I ran at 1440p but I'll still settle with this, because I'd rather go on a nice(r) vacation than waste money on a high-end product. Besides I need freesync.

GGDR5+ or HMB2 card I might buy at the end of next year. Till that the 480 (which I will ofc overclock) will have to do.

12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Id like to see you play a Modded Skyrim/Fallout 4 with ENB @ 1440p (all bells and whistles) @ a solid 60 FPS.

Nope, not gonna happen. Not all of use are happy with 30 FPS you know.

You might as well buy a Consolie if you prefer 30 FPS @ Low/Medium Settings. Because a Console Game would look miles better then.

13. main_shoby

main_shoby Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    well, I don't see why someone would HAFFF to get the latest and greatest in gpu (in current era) to play latest titles at max settings. I own a 980ti (which is not top end anymore) and i don't feel any need to upgrade to 1080/1070 series. if this card gets you close to gtx 980/ 980ti performance for $200, I can see a lot of people would be getting it. If performance speculations are true then In my opinion that's enough to play most games at max settings.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I can assure you the hype for this card was not coming from Nvidia.

Rumors out there say the Polaris 10 will be in the PS Neo.

15. nefastus1985

nefastus1985 Guest

GPU:
    HD 7950 WF3 Edition
    where is the dvi port?

16. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Probably will be available with vendors models.

17. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    hahaha.... :D nice video and music Hilbert !

18. UltraWifiDvdCD

UltraWifiDvdCD Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI/ 8 GB
    People act like this card is the next coming of Christ. I don't get it. It's a mid-range GPU that will likely perform somewhere around a GTX 970. If that floats your boat and you want last gen performance from a current gen product, then be my guest. I obviously don't have benchmarks, but I'm pretty sure they will be disappointing.

Who buys these cards anyway? People living with their parents who work in fast food- that's who. Before you get all butthurt about someone bashing your beloved AMD cards, you should go to school and get a real job. Then you can buy the best cards the day they come out, every release cycle. This card is meant for teenagers who's parents are poor and don't love them enough to buy a high end card.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    lol.

20. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Give me a break.. like 80% of the market buys them. The vast majority of people play games like Overwatch/League of Legends and they do it at 1080p. They don't need to shell out $500+ on graphics cards nor do they give a crap about the nonsense you just spewed all over the place. It has 4.5GB more ram then a 970, it's faster then a stock 970 and it will definitely out perform it and probably a 980 in DX12 titles like Hitman and Ashes.

I agree that it's generally overhyped but for the price it's going to be a great card and if AMD can keep it stocked in stores it's definitely going to steal some midrange marketshare from Nvidia.

In the mean time I can't even buy a 1080 if I wanted too without setting up some notification email nonsense and constantly sitting by a computer or paying $1000+ on Amazon.