266.58 WHQL Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by burebista, Jan 18, 2011.

?

Better or worst than previous sets?

1. Better

64.4%
  2. Worst

19.2%
  3. Same

16.3%
  1. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    I have something strange happening, when i OC my 2x Geforce GTX 460 1GB
    only to 750 MHZ GPU, and i run 3DMark Vantage or 3DMark11 my computer stop
    working and i have to reset my computer.

Never ever had this strange problem with Geforce Win7 x64 258.96 WHQL or
    Geforce Win7 x64 259.32 Beta.

I do not hope one of my Geforce GTX 460 1GB are breaking down.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Sorry if it's been answered before but do these drivers fix the SLI with 3dmark 11 problem?

3. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    No not for me.

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Bah, thanks, will probably give them a shot anyway, allthough I'm affraid of that BBC2 crash and since it's the only game I play atm I'm kind of reluctant.

5. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
  6. fighter-il

fighter-il Member

GPU:
    xfx geforce 6600gt agp 128mb/128bit
    hey guys thanks for bringing that hpet thing cause i learnt what is dpc latency and how can the dpc latency checker help me find if a driver is faulty

7. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    It cant. Basically you have to turn stuff off/on (trial and error) in order to find what might cause problems.

8. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Actually you dont need vsync on a 120 hz. Because it doesnt tear. Besides, most people would run games @ 120 play fps:s and vsync in fps makes mouselag.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yes it does, i've saw tearing on 120hz LCD's and even when i owned a 100hz CRT, while its not as bad, or as obvious as on most 60hz LCD's, it does still happen.

Not sure why so many people believe otherwise.

10. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Most stupid remark ever to that user, you are no Master Guru, far from it with such replies.

First of all I have the same problem AFTER creating a custom resolution at different Hz with my Samsung P2370, super quality monitor, I have posted this problem already several times here and especially on the NVIDIA forum, even with ManuelG having seen it and everything, and this problem still persists !!!

I haven't tried these drivers yet but this problem happened in all drivers since 258.96 !!!! I'm guessing I'll have it again with this set after creating a custom resolution, and I'm also guessing it will never again be solved.

11. Aztek87

Aztek87 Active Member

GPU:
    NV Geforce GTX 780M 4GB
    Well i tried these new 266.58 drivers for a bit and while they did provide better performance, my system was much more unstable than before...for example various BSOD's, Windows 7 switched from Aero to Basic mode for no reason and i had to restart in order to correct it, also my fan started going crazy with MSI Afterburner. After that happened these past couple of days i said OOOKK back to the 260.99's for me.

I did the whole clean install thing and stuff, I'm not new to this ;) have been in the game since 1999 :) at that time i was using a Nvidia TNT2 8MB lol how time flies.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  12. kindred

kindred Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
    Does anyone have temp problems with these drivers. Before I installed these my Gtx 260 idled at 46, now it's 54. :(

13. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Sorry but this is yet again a stupid reply, not saying this to insult you but any LVD TV or monitor (since it's basically the same) can display resolutions in 32bit up until 640x480
    I have an LG 42Hxxx with max res of 1920x1200 and it can diosplay 640x480 perfectly in 16-bit or 32-bit, IT'S MADE TO DO IT !!!

A DVI to HDMI or DVI to DVI cable won't solve this problem btw, since I have a similar problem with my LCD monitor as I said which is connected via DVI (altho I only have it with custom resolutions)

But saying that his display is not made to do 16-bit in a lower resolution is BS, I'll tell you more even, it can do even 8-bit colors ! Why, because ANY screen which can do 32-bit can do all lower bit-rates also !

14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    well they changed something and if you have a dvi connector or use a extension DVI it can cause it..

If you have an older DVI it might be missing some of the pins, as someone else said when he changed to full pins it stopped., yea sounds weird but it worked.

15. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    Nothing stupid here. He was right about the monitor and it's drivers not Windows' ones

16. Jasonnov118

Jasonnov118 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX460 1GB Hawk Talon
    Anyone notice a light flickering issue with oblivion? Seems to be there no matter what settings I use.

17. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    Any one facing stuttering in Dead Space 2 with these drivers.

18. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    I have something strange happening, when i OC my 2x Geforce GTX 460 1GB
    only to 750 MHZ GPU, and i run 3DMark Vantage or 3DMark11 my computer stop
    working and i have to reset my computer.

Never ever had this strange problem with Geforce Win7 x64 258.96 WHQL or
    Geforce Win7 x64 259.32 Beta.

I do not hope one of my Geforce GTX 460 1GB are breaking down.

19. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Yes I noticed that as well while playing through Knights of the Nine again. Thought it was a problem with one of the mods that I was using, but maybe it's a driver issue.

20. Mojak

Mojak Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    Same here, but Iw ent back to 260.99. Everytime there was alot of AOE, sound would cut out, I'd get a Windows Error saying my computer is under performing. It all went away when I switched back though.