185.85 WHQL available

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by gjaegy, May 7, 2009.

1. LEXX911

LEXX911 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 950
    All these new Nvidia drivers are a POS. I have to reinstalled a very old Vista 64 driver 169.44 for my Windows 7 and my games run damn smoothly.

2. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I'm having no problems with these drivers. Everything is running very smoothly and works correctly. I don't have anything to compare it to because my last graphics cards were ATI and thus haven't been keeping up on the nVidia drivers.

3. Haunted66

Haunted66 Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA 780Ti SLI
    Sorry I have XP Pro 32 bit and 2 8800 GTS - not GT - in SLI, and this driver works perfectly for me. This is by far the best driver I have seen sofar.

I do not care about any 3D-Aqua-any other "Marks", I never use them. I just see whether new driver is nice and stable. I was not able to notice "upto 20% increase" in Riddick, but the game is still very playable.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  4. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    why be sorry?
    If they work for you thats nice, no help to me however, I had several issues with these drivers,. I couldnt keep Digi vibrance at all when i applied it it would gp tp zero as soon as i went out of the screen. I couldnt get nividia tools to open period. I still play a few games that dont care for sli mode and i could find no way to get to screen to disable SLI mode to allow me to play those games period.
    That you are happy with the results is nothing to be sorry about. This forum is here to allow Us, that is We to give helpful info and results to the gamming community.
    The endless variations of hardware and soft wear out there demands that we give necessary feedback to make everyones gamming better, and the MFGers, also take note of our feedback.

5. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    so im back to the 182.08 driver its very nice and i havnt seen any games or app that it dosnt work very well with.I think if your running 8800 GT in SLI with win xp pro 32 bit 182.xx may be better suited drives for your needs. chipset is 780G by the way.
    So there my feedback and Im done cheers all.

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    the only good thing about this driver is it speeds up The chronicles of Riddick Dark Athena (fixes drops to like 30fps with 182.50 in some areas, now 60fps at the same spot with these 185), other than that they suck really bad especially visually.

7. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Matter of opinion really. I think all my games look fantastic. What you are dissing them for is something 9/10 gamers wouldn't even notice.

8. sunkid

sunkid Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1070 Ti
    Got MAJOR stuttering in Bioshock with this set. And it's a general and known issue with recent nVidia drivers. Just felt the need to confirm it myself too. :)

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ok they're good

happy? lol :D

enjoy bilinear anisotropic filtering
    :p loll

10. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Hey guys,

I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing the same problem (or if they can try and see if they also experience it) I have with those drivers (apparently, unless it's caused by something else) and on Vista x64 SP2.

In the official NVIDIA's Control Panel, under the "Display" > "Adjust desktop color settings", if I use the color settings which I set myself via the NVIDIA settings, then it will properly apply but only for the Desktop (Brightness, Contrast and Gamma). If I launch any games however the settings do not apply at all, but they do not revert back, because if for instance I simply leave the game by Alt-Tabbing to come back to the Desktop then the settings I had set will still be applied.

Here's a picture of what I'm referring to in the Control Panel:

[​IMG]

It's very important for me to make it work, I need to set specific color and brightness adjustments for some games which lack such options (mostly old games, some more recent as well). I haven't tried other ForceWare drivers yet, maybe I will, but before I do I want to know if others here could try that and see if the problem is universal or if it's something on my side which I need to figure out.

Thanks.

11. pitzbull

pitzbull Member

GPU:
    8800gt 512mbsli
    still getting dropouts and the occasional nvidia driver not responding in TF2. need to cntrl-alt -del to desktop then go back into game to get it working again.

12. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    its universal, even i have the same problem.

13. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Afaik, those settings are only applied to the desktop and not in the games. That's why they are called "Desktop Color Settings".

In case you want to change them in a certain game, use the game's settings or your monitor's.

14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I could've sworn they had an effect on games. Maybe I'm wrong.

15. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    wow thats some bad graphical issues. I have had no problems with 185.85 since they where released. under windows 7. the only weird thing ive noticed is in the processes I see 2 nvvxxxxx process runing simultanious(x= letters i cant remember) I right clik both process and they both take me to the same file. I manually closed one of them and i can stil play games with no problem. Im guessing theres an easy fix to make one of them not load. i just dont know how.

Last edited: May 31, 2009

16. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    That's not true, those settings were applied properly in all my games (D3D and OGL alike, old and new) with the exact same drivers but on Windows XP SP2 x64 Edition and x86 Home as well. I'm only experiencing the problem on Vista. It's either Vista-related or something else, but those settings are not supposed to only apply the changes for the Desktop, or else I wouldn't have come here to point at a problem. I'm pointing at it exactly because prior to moving to Vista I was able to change those settings and they would apply in-game as well (on Windows XP as I said).

17. opozoid25

opozoid25 Member Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG GTX 285 OC SLI
    This has happened for a long time. I use RivaTuner to define color profiles that I use on the desktop and in games which don't have brightness/gamma corrections. Just go to the Main tab and click the first down arrow next to "customize" and select "low-level desktop color schemes". Now set up various profiles you want by adjusting gamma, brightness, whatever, and save each profile. Note that on Vista, Driver-level color profiles don't work - the option is gone. NOW, if you want to assign a hot key for each profile, go to the Launcher tab and add a new item for each profile. Select the color profile you wish plus a hot key to use. Just make sure you enable "emulate hotkeys handler via low-level keyboard hook" on the settings page, and there you go!

Sometimes, a game might disable keyboard shortcuts - in this case you need to apply the profile before going into the game. Now when you are done playing and return to the desktop, just hit the hotkey for the color profile you use for general computer use. Many (most?) newer games don't apply the nvidia desktop color settings in-game, but many older games do (in my experience) so for those older games, this is how to do it.

18. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Thanks for the tips, but sadly there is no low-level color schemes option present at all in RT 2.24 with the latest ForceWare 185.85. I will have to wait for RT 2.25 whenever it comes out and try the profiles and keyboard shortcut tricks. In the meantime the only way I found to get what I want is simply to manually re-adjust the monitor's brightness and gamma while in-game, and set it back to normal again when back on the Desktop, it's annoying to do it that way, but it helps (although the brightness and gamma options I have don't allow as much adjustments as I can with the NVIDIA's Control Panel or with RivaTuner).

19. damnit72

damnit72 Member

GPU:
    2x8800GTs | 5770
    I am getting horrible stuttering and driver crashes and recoveries (nvknl... black screen 5 secs) since installing Vista SP2 AFTER these drivers ... prior to this I was loving them :(

20. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Yes, I am also getting alot stuttering after sp2. I tried reinstall drivers ext.. same.. all games...