185.85 WHQL available

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by gjaegy, May 7, 2009.

1. Indeed

Indeed Member

GPU:
    GeForce 256 (NV10) 120Mhz
    I have a question regarding Ambient Occlusion. Does it work in FEAR 2?
    From what I've read it comes with a big performance hit, but decided to try it anyway. I have it on only on the FEAR 2 profile in the Nvidia Control Panel. But in game I didn't experience any slowdowns, so that leaves me to believe it's not on. Should I force it trough the Global Settings, or it doesn't work at all?

EDIT: Got it working, sliced my frames in half -.-. What's up with nVIDIA, making eye-candy effects so hard on the hardware. :3eyes:

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. shaolin95

shaolin95 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX480 / XFX GTS250
    Under XP Sp3 is doing the same thing to me.
    Under Vista 64 it works fine.

3. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    182.50 for me are bad in L4D but they run flawlessly on the 185.85's go figure:3eyes: COH/COV run fantastic to as well as crysis and farcry 2 and Cod 4 and Cod 5

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  4. mammaryman

mammaryman Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX 275
    The Left 4 Dead issue is most certainly not one of those, I wish it were.....

5. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    From what I have heard and read AO works in Fear 2. I also know that profiles for game in the nvcp don't always work. Global settings usually work but they to have been not working at times. Some ppl say they don't ever get issues(or just don't properly test to see if they actually have any issues). I had only seen problems with drivers once CoD4 came out. Tried turning on AA in global settings, nothing happen. No performance decrease and the jagged edges were still present. The image stayed the same. Thats when I first started noticing that the nvcp settings aren't what nvidia say they are.

It's possible that there are compatibility issues but for a big company like nVidia you'd think they would do more testing but why would they when they got millions of owners to do there quality testing for them. But that is what major companies do nowadays, they let the customer do all the work, even when the product is incomplete.
    There are tons of different configurations out there when doing testing but I find it hard to believe that a company like nVidia can't let ppl know that something is wrong. I'm sure that they also don't want to hurt other vendors/partners but these companies need to start making better products(one that doesn't need to be updated right after coming out).

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    AA and AF both work fine in XP with Nivida Display Service being Disabled, But in Win7 the service need to enabled for AA and AF to work right

7. theonlybabyface

theonlybabyface Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 7900 XTX

Same here for me in Vista 64. Seems like they actually put that service to use now...

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    For XP that service is not need so it might be 64 bit thing or nividia just broke way it was or start using service for something like u say

9. Raikku

Raikku Master Guru

GPU:
    POV GTX 280
    So, does Rivatuner work with this(XP32 SP3)? And how about nHancer?

10. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    yes, it works with xp 32 bit just fine
    dunno bout nhancer never cared for it but rivatuner recognizes the driver you don't have to force the settings.Like you do in vista

11. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    I never thought of that. I didn't think it made a difference. I think i'll have to make sure it stays on.

12. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    Me too. I always disable the Nvidia service.
    I wiil leave it enabled. I don't think it's a concern in term's of system resource's.

13. Airwalk

Airwalk Member

GPU:
    8800 GT 512
    is there any way to view temps? or you need a 3rd party software?

14. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    it would be great if you could make a list of the boards that have af broken with 185.85

15. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC

16. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    9600 GT.. 250 GTS.. 285 GTX.. i saw 8800 GT too...

17. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    so wats the best driver 185.85beta or 185.85whql for 8800gts512 (g92)?

which doesnt have af broken in vista x64 or win7 x64

18. powspirit

powspirit New Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080TI AMP! EXT
    espaƱol

heyyyy que tal otra ves yo... disculpen por no saber escribir o hablar english solo entenderlo XDDDD en fin el rivatuner si funsiona bien con los driver de windows 7 y vista 64 and 32 bit... pero primero tienen que hacer lo que dicen en esta pagina.... mas abajo le pongo lo que tradusco con el google traductor

english (google traslator)
    Heyyyy that again I ... excuse for not knowing how to write or speak english just to understand it in order if the rivatuner driver works well with Windows 7 and Vista 64 and 32 or 85 bit ForceWare 185.81 ... but first they have to do what they say on this page http://www.bitbenderforums.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=500352

below I put in what I write in Spanish with english translator google

19. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    use 182.50/52 to normal AF work.

20. lambchop

lambchop Member Guru

GPU:
    None
    whats best driver for performance? im getting very low fps dips playing bioshock and oblivion with gtx 260 here...tried these and 182.50 drivers with same result.All other games work fine GTA 4,crysis,Fear 2 etc