What peripherals do you use for gaming? ie: gaming mouse, keyboard etc?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DSparil, Dec 7, 2010.

1. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Im not 100% sure if this thread is in the right section, but here goes ;) Im curious to see what the guru's here prefer to use when it comes to gaming peripherals on their pc! No talk about video cards or pc hardware here, just stuff like mice, keyboards, joysticks etc etc.

Personally I have been using the Logitech mx518 gaming mouse for some years now. I love this freakin mouse, and if they ever discontinued it, I might have to quit pc gaming lol. It just fits my every move perfectly, and has all the controls I need. I especially like the on the fly sensitivity adjustment, and the fact that it feels right for fingertip style gaming (vs Razers palm style). Razer mice are nice, but they just don't seem to fit how I prefer to hold the mouse...

For a keyboard I have been using the Saitek Eclipse. I like it, and it has served me well for a few years now, but my main complaint is that it doesn't type very "quickly" for my tastes. I feel im a much faster typer than the Eclipse allows my fingers to go, which is why I have decided to order up a Razer Blackwidow keyboard as a replacement. I figure its about time to put the Eclipse to rest.

I don't use joysticks for my PC often, but when I do, i use my Nyko AirFlo EX gamepad. Its not a bad little gamepad, and has a neat feature with fans built into the handles! You can literally turn handle loaded fans on low, or high settings to keep your hands cool during long bouts of gaming. Not to shabby :infinity:

So lets hear it guru's, what do you use for gaming? Mouse? Keyboard? Gamepad etc?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  2. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    KB+M, of course.

For emulators, I use a Controller, though.

And sorry man, a G15 won't make you a faster typer. Not how it works.

3. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Key Tronic K9.3 keyboard. Scissor switch keys with a nice firm tactile feel. Using a G500 Logitech mouse with all the weights removed, on a somewhat aging X-Ray Aqua 3 mouse surface.

4. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I don't mean that it will make me a faster typer lol. Im saying that the keys on the Eclipse don't feel the same as the Logitech keyboard. They seem to feel more "raised" and take a bit more effort to press, therefore slowing me down a bit. The Saitek is still a good keyboard though, and i've been using it for a long time now :)

5. wrathofgod

wrathofgod Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 8800 GTX @ 660/1100
    Logitech G13 as keyboard replacement w/ Razer Lachesis mouse.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard, Logitech MX518 gaming mouse... best mouse ever made. EVER.

7. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    That raised & abit more effort to press is what makes a good typist. Watch, you'll be much slower on the G15.

8. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    hmm. idk, I suppose its possible although I hope thats not the case lol

9. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    logitech G9x and Logitech Illuminated Keyboard.

i originally had a G9 that i bought on a special for $55 dollars, and then it broke. i contacted logitech and they told me they would replace it with a G9x.
    gotta love logitech support <3

also on the word of keyboard not making you type faster, well for most it's true but ever since i got my illuminated
    i have been typing much faster. i think it's due to the laptop style keys.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB

Well with the new Keyboards I can't type at all, Mechanical Keyboards with that "click", ah man, makes me just speed up hearing that nice sound. I dunno, new keyboards seem flimsy, cheap, and gimmicky.

11. Buss_Shots

Buss_Shots Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570 1280 MB
    SideWinder X6

Cyborg R.A.T 5

Xbox 360 Controller

12. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    are you as happy with your mouse as she is?

[​IMG]

13. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Merc Stealth KB (Don't know if I could go back to any standard keyboard, I love the "gamepad" section/layout - though takes a bit to get use to at first)

Razer Imperator - neutral on it. Not the best I've used, but not needing a replacement for now. Mainly too small for my hand/fingers. The "Sharp" edges at the ends of the buttons.

14. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I have an OCZ Elixir keyboard it's not that good of a keyboard, won't recommend it.

I have a Logitech RX-1000 mouse, it's a great mouse, just not gamer grade, but don't really need a gamer grade mouse to game either.

I use KB/M for shooters and general gaming and my XBOX 360 Controller on my PC for racing, fighting, adventure and action games that don't quite need precision. They tend to work better with a controller (even though they work on the KB/M, I prefer the controller).

deltatux

15. BlooHook

BlooHook Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW SLI
    Logitech all the way here baby!

G15 keyboard - G9 mouse

And a 360 controller for all those other games, cause let's face it. not everything plays well with a k+m

16. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    yeah i know exactly what you mean, the only reason i took a chance on mine was because of they keys.
    and i dont regret buying it, best keyboard i have ever used in my life.

im loving it! this mouse fits my hand just right. and who can complain from a free upgrade? :D

17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah, I got the G9x myself for bout 60$ last Christmas. Really good, my cousin always comments on his mouse feels so crappy after he uses mine for abit.

18. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    im poor so i can only afford:

A4Tech X-750BF Laser Mouse and Rantopad H1 mouse pad
    A4Tech X-Slim KB with USB and headphone ports
    Logitech RumblePad 2

for FPS,RTS, 3rd person shooters mostly kb+m
    for action adventure, racing, mostly gamepad.

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    razer lachesis and G15 for FPS (wish i could get rid of the keyboard,something with rumble / force feedback )
    logitech dual action pro and xbox360 controller for 3rd person games and emulators
    driving force pro for racing games (though pc support is bad :( )
    saitek flight stick for flight sims (will get a better one, when a new sim comes out)
    gonna buy me a arcade stick soon also

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    If you want a keyboard with a "good typing feel" look no further than mechanical keyboards..They offer far superior keystroke feel than any membrane/rubber dome type keyboards. Brands to look for are Steelseries 7G and 6Gv2, Filco Majestouch, Das Keyboard..or if you prefer bling on your keyboard, the Razer Blackwidow

As far as per my peripherals, its the basic keyboard + mouse (Filco brown switch keyboard + Razer Diamondback3g+goliathus) and a Logitech Momo racing wheel

I dont really buy the "gaming xxx" tag..mostly they are a bastardized version of a proper product (ie Gaming Monitor/Gaming Keyboard) though I like the razer mouse because of the simplicity of its look vs many high quality mice