Watch Dogs - Biker Aiden minimod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by infiniium, Sep 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO R9 390 8GB
    How you edit the bin files? Just replace the material filenames inside? And yeah these glasses would look better as "slightly reflective", so I can wait until you do that :D

EDIT: wanna start that gathered outfit thread to show off/provide links to the stuff we do? I think I should move my list of model parts, and the findings about other things there once it's created.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  2. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Yes I just replace the recognizable text to my needs, other edits are possible only through ZModeler3. :)

I don't have much time lately so it would be better if you create that WD Outfits Creation/Show off topic so the first post can be updated by you anytime. ;)

3. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Here's the police hat tweak:
    Code:
        <object hash="E93DDFF8">
          <field hash="6816806D" type="BinHex">03</field>
          <field hash="D935FAD9" type="BinHex">2CA2943A</field>
          <field hash="14088DCA" type="BinHex">FF</field>
          <field hash="73CEC34A" type="BinHex">FF</field>
          <object hash="37CF95BD">
            <field hash="CF1DBEC6" type="BinHex">FFFFFFFF</field>
            <field hash="5177A0C7" type="BinHex">0ad7a33b0ad7a3bb00000000</field>
            <field hash="99298BDA" type="BinHex">00000000000000000ad723bc</field>
            <field hash="FC176C73" type="BinHex">0000803Fcdcc8c3fcdcc8c3f</field>
          </object>
        </object>
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  4. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Yeah! Thank you very much! :)

PS: Fortunately the cop jacket have a huge collar so it covers the clipping. :D

5. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    It looks like Aiden's head is bigger than the NPC heads because I had to modify the scale too, not just rotate and position :D

6. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    In shopsettings.lib, there are the clothing shops, and the list of clothing you can buy. Maybe we should add the duplicated item's id values here to make them load? But why did they load in your case then, you didn't add them there, did you?

I always do my research during work hours in the office (being a programmer has its upsides :D ) but I can't try anything until I get home. So this I will have to check later :bang:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  7. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I didn't touch the shopsettings.lib so it's just a weird behaviour of the engine I guess, anyway you theory definately deserves to be tested because it would make possible to reliably add clothing that works for everyone. ;)

8. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Okay. It is solved!!! I've added 6 of the real teal outfit files, added them to them shopsettings.lib as well, and it works like a charm.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Though you have to go to a cloth shop to unlock the outfits, but after that they are there in the wardrobe in your safe house.

EDIT: some extra crazyness :D
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  9. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    OMG This is Awesome!

10. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    That's a very good news! and IMHO it's even cooler that you have to actually buy them, it highlights their uniqueness! Good work. :)

On my side I''ve just uploaded the files for the black sunglasses, there was no way to make them as reflective as the cloud gate or the helmet, nor to make the normal glasses reflective (their lens material doesn't even uses textures...), however they are already a lot better than the original ones, so that's it. :D

Here you go: Black_Sunglasses.rar :cool:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015

11. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Thanks!

Then I guess this is now complete:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Ahahah! Awesome! :D I can try a little edit to the beard texture so its color better match Aiden's hair if you want. :)

13. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Hey, why not? :D
    I used this beard: 96CB6DD7 with this material: DEE18F27

14. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Haha nice one!

15. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Thanks! :cool:

16. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    No luck with the beard retexture, since the colouring is given by the shader and the base texture is always the same greyscale map I can't change tone or saturation but only the brightness, and this isn't what is needed to make it better match Aiden's original hair, anyway your biker "outfit" already looks awesome! :cool:

17. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    How exactly does the shader work? Can't we replace the shader of the beard with the shader of the hair?
    Anyway, if there's no way to change this, the model still looks okay. Another addition for the upcoming customOutfits mod :D

PS: I successfully added model files, item files, shop icons, changed names in shop so in the new mod nothing will be replaced. Except for maybe the sunglasses materials, and the char36 materials.

18. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I had already tried the shader replacement but it doesn't look as good as the vanilla beard shader IMHO, anyway here's the file so you can check by yourself, since it's not the global beard shader but only the specific shader of that specific beard variation you could include it anyway and the "damage" wouldn't be very relevant regardless I think, your choice. ;)

The sunglasses material replacement IMHO is an overall improvement over the vanilla one, now the sunglasses aren't cempletely transparent anymore and actually look like sunglasses. The char36 material replacement IMHO isn't relevant because you wouldn't see that cahacter ingame anyway so changing it doesn't hurt. With everything else really added instead of replaced I'd say that overall we achieved the best result possible. :)

PS: You reused names right? I mean, you swapped language string ids here and there right? Because if you actually found a way to change shop names to custom one would be awesome! :cool:

19. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Yeah, just reused names, haven't found a way to add texts yet :( Those .loc files are unbreakable.

20. Plazma

Plazma Guest

GPU:
    R9280x 3gb VR
    Programs?

Is it Possible To Create An Program That CAn Help Mod The Chracters Clothes
    Easyer than doing all this unpacking and searching?
    like the program can list the npc and one colum list adiens clothes shop list
    etcc....