Vehicles of Guru3D

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by -Ruin-, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Wait....what? Your Wrangler has a V8?

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yessum. Not quite drivable yet.... needs a few little things done.... and inspection/registration. Had a LOT of sh*t that needed to be done to it. At one point it WAS an '87 Wrangler Sahara with a V6.... but the engine was ****, and always stalled... not fuel injected but seemed to run MUCH better when it was cold than when it was warmed up. At one point needed a new coil for the engine, but the tach was never hooked back up... and seeing as it's a Jeep, only knowing whether or not the engine stalled while coming to a stop WHEN you came to a stop isn't the greatest driving condition. So it sat for a year or a few.... frame rusted out... body rusted out. Bought a frame from someone in Maryland, and my brother's now wife's dad had a V8 lying around that happened to be of the correct type to use in a conversion.

I know i recorded a more recent video........ can't figure out where it is, though. Might have recorded it with my iPhone 4, and forgot to back up my pictures and such before wiping the phone out and selling it. Here's the only video i have right now. Jeep's at my brother's house, but he might be bringing it here tomorrow. If he does.... i might record another video of it. Such crappy quality video... but the sound quality ain't half bad. At least for a Motorola Q9. haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMhkQeOFVkY

Dunno how much i'll be driving it, either. Doubt it'll pass inspection for much other than for something that won't be driven often. Emissions isn't required where i live.... but i'm pretty sure some sort of reasonable exhaust system is. It's also probably MUCH more of a gas hog than it was with the V6. Detroit Lockers are nice, though. When it was still quite easily drivable with the V6.... made my friend jealous taking one side of the jeep through a snow pile that was at least up to the top of the tire.... and they were BIG tires.

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  3. PortBaron

PortBaron Guest

GPU:
    2x SLI gtx 580
    Ooh, car thread, my favorite hobby.

Got this baby down to 10.6 in the 1/4. My computer needs a speed boost, however.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    @PortBaron

Very nice, clean, Supra! I would love to get one someday, but I think I might be a bit to tall. How do you think a bigger 6 and a half foot tall fella would fair driving one comfortably?

5. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Oh i cant stop drooling, i have to leave this thread.

Awesome Supra man!
    I like the stock look, very clean, some rims would be nice though. :D

6. PortBaron

PortBaron Guest

GPU:
    2x SLI gtx 580
    Haha I know, I know. All money spent on performance. I would have liked some 17" CCWs. I don't like to go over 17" because those fit good 275/45 BFG drag radials (without them normal tires will spin up to 100mph, even sports tires).

7. PortBaron

PortBaron Guest

GPU:
    2x SLI gtx 580
    Well I am short (5'9"), but I've let my dad drive and he is like 6'1" with a long waist, and he didn't brush the top. The seat is adjustable height-wise. I couldn't say for 6.5, I 'd think you'd have trouble with a lot of cars. Having said that, the supra is not a low car inside at all.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    New Mercedes C-Class 2011 ..such great car..amount of quality detail..such dream..i think this is far better than BMW 3 interior..

new Mercedes C-Class 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTfJswqkxVQ

These guys knows how to make advertisement..paying alot to advertisement companies :D

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    tbh in general i dislike german cars. but mercedes does do nice looking cars.
    they are like 990 intel proc tho cost is too high for what it gives IMO

10. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I disagree, you get exactly what you pay for with Mercedes. Extremely high quality automobiles.

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Better hope you've got money to repair it if something out of the normal happens to it...:D

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    The thing is, as my bro recently focused on bmw 3.20d, after seeing Mercedes c-180 with AMG package(not amg model indeed, just wheels, steering wheel and bumperss model) , BMW 3 quality looks LOW agaisnt mercedes. thats a simple fact when u put two of these cars together..

and yes these cars r not cheap :(

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    well on base models theres so much air in those prices that it hurts... buying some higher end model for sure, buying high end accord will cost as much as base line mercedes C 180 BE so id easily take the honda... :)

imo honda is really good quality automobiles just like mercedes but just cheaper.
    i myself own an citroen c4 its good enough for me i paid 10 000€ for it, no problems whatsoever during 2 years i've driven it and it has all the goodies i would expect from a car made in 2005 :p

theres quite a big selection of cars @ 10 000 but most just lack the amount of stuff like automatic windscreen wipers lol, cruise control, esp and stuff :)
    honda i found for same price had like none of those and i like all electronic stuff :D tho all the electronics are potential weakness in new cars :p 5 stars on ncap is nice addition too.

lol i know that citroen isn't really considered a quality brand but i'd buy another one, if i had too much money to spend i'd buy mercedes.

well anyways my opinion. :D

14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Citroen is a good brand, as is Renault and Peugeot. But I know what you're saying, but I'm not really talking about their entry level models. And how can a car made today not have automatic windshield wipers? :3eyes:

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    i mean't automatic in a sense that when it rains it starts to wipe :eek: it has some sort of detection system :) dunno about cars now in 2011 how many got those :D

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Such great vehicle..and yes it has auto windshield wipers :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vs crappy bmw 3.20 interior..or front panel how u call it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  17. ibitato

ibitato Guest

my next car in a month , ditching the 807 ofr one of this
    150 hp. HDI Business Line edition, 17 ich wheels , crossover with electronic wheel drive control and grip stuff.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
  18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    that looks impressive man. for real..such interesting vehicle..how much u gonna pay for it pls?

and now steering wheel control of radio etc?

edit: got answer from ibitato :) thanx man .

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  19. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Right, now I've bought a full head gasket kit, which includes all gaskets, including valve seals. I've also bought a full timing belt kit, with belt, tensioners and so on, plus a new water pump. My Mercedes mechanic friend is helping me fitting all this the coming weekend.

If this doesn't do it I'm gonna go mental on this thing.

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    [​IMG] my current car pretty much i love the interior its nicely done doesn't feel cheap :D

my next car
    [​IMG]
    im so gonna buy it with amemiya bodykit.... :D and if it breaks foook et i dont care my dream car for like too many years. 2012 cant come soon enough

after i get rx-7 is time for c4 to be changed into DS4

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.