Ubisoft announces Far Cry 5, The Crew 2 and new Assassins Creed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 16, 2017.

1. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    No, it isn't. If you don't remember, the last four games released were Rainbow Six Siege, The Division, Watch Dogs 2 and Wildlands. Where do you see Far Cry, Assassin's Creed or The Crew in that lineup? (And I forgot For Honor as well)

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. RandomDriverDev

RandomDriverDev Guest

GPU:
    1080 / 8GB and 1060 / 6GB
    i don't live in a world where any of those 4 games are worth playing.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Everyone have their own definition of worthy. No one is forcing you to play these games. There is always a CoD games for you as an alternative.

4. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Same as myself , i ended enjoying it that much i bought all the DLC including calling all units , so i will be keeping my eye on it too :) :cop:

5. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    I'd like to see a new Far Cry that brings the stoic sense of being on your own and living by your wits to survive. I do not want another release with the carnival like atmosphere and "wall of distractions" that are a signature feature of FC3 and beyond. Immersion at the gut level is what I'm talking about...not just immersion driven primarily by eye candy and exotic settings.

6. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Highlighted statement is my experience of every Far Cry release after FC2. FC2 has its own issues but there's a sense of realism/immersion in the game that has not been achieved since. It baffles me why they do not build on that accomplishment. Every positive review of FC2 is based on this unique quality the game demonstrates.

7. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    You're better off doing nothing and getting the 10 minute ending or however long it takes in FC4.

I haven't liked a Far Cry game since the first, the rest have been immensely boring. I tried to like Assassin's Creed but I could never get into it. I doubt I would've had the stomach to play through eight (or is it nine?) other games in the main series.

If not for them having the licensing for Might and Magic, PoP, and Tom Clancy (SC anyway), I could completely ignore Ubisoft.