Translation of RivaTuner

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by WinterX, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

1) Change target host version from v2.01 to v2.02. It is specified in makefile of your .RTU in HostVersion field. Just change it from 2.1.0.0 to 2.2.0.0.
    2) Path to description is specified into Description field of your makefile: %RTFolder%\Help\Updates\ItalianLocalization.rth
    Just create text file with the same name located in RivaTuner's .\Help\Updates subfolder and rebuild .RTU and it will be automatically integrated into it as description. For example, there should be something like:

Italian language pack v2.1.0.0.0

Contents:

- Localized user interface
    - Localized external help files

Also, please change CreatorICQ field from N/A to blank field into makefile just like you did it into localization description.
    I could easily do the changes myself, but I suppose that our dialog can be a good tutor for the rest localization pack creators.

2. Unwinder

Erm...
    I'm just wondering are there any RT fans in India? My wife is great fan of Indian culture and she'd really like to see Hindi localization pack, because she is studying this language right now (at least trying :)). :D

3. WinterX

WinterX Guest

Sorry guys that the Polish release is taking so much time, but I'm not only translating the program and help files, but also patches, etc.

Currently, I'm working in two places, but it doesn't matter, it will be released soon. At last!

4. PIRATA!

PIRATA! Guest

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA
    Here is the Intalian translation by DarkNiko in .RTU format fixed with all the problem that it had in the past versions.
    Description:

Italian language pack v2.2.0.0.0

Contents:

- Localized user interface

Downloadable from here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/5hi5tb

5. Neo_Moucha

Neo_Moucha Active Member

GPU:
    1xQ4600,1xGTS512,4x6800GT
    That is OK, I'll wait until you are back... :D

6. Unwinder

Good new, we've got German language pack created by Agent Ruby. We've uploaded it to Guru3D server together with Italian language pack created by DarkNiko. Links to both of these packs are avaiable in the head of this thread.

Enjoy!

7. Unwinder

I deeply apologize, I completely forgot about it and recalled it only after making a post in this thread. :( I can send you v2.02 .chm/.hlp sources right now, but IMHO it worth waiting v2.03 launch, which is really close now.

8. Unwinder

English UK localization pack by Thomas Feehan has been updated for version 2.03

9. jetztaber

jetztaber Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX
    German localization

First pic: Also I know some four lettered words which could easily be translated into german language, there are none that could be used for 'set' (three letters). It seems the maximum here allowed number of letters is four. Further it seems, as things here are hardcoded as there is no way using #dlu here in a useful manner. Possibly the red marked stuff should be moved to the right a little.
    By now I'm using 'akt.' here which is an abbreviation for aktivieren (activate). 'An' (on) is kind of misunderstandable. Need some space for at least six letters (setze=set)!

Second pic: some values are only partially visible. Seems they are hardcoded as well, as I don't know where to change them. Anybody got an idea? (#dlu seems not to work in a helpful manner for 'Kontrast'.) And I don't know where the dot comes from.

Thank you

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  10. Unwinder

1) I'd leave these things as is, Russian localization also uses similar short name with "." instead of full translation for "Set". There is no easy way of doing that and changing positions of multiple controls at once.
    2) That dot is a part of "1" symbol. Maximum limit for brightness is 160%. Seems like you've resized "Brightness"/"Contrast" captions too much and they have overlapped max. limit captions.

11. Unwinder

By the way, do you use visual localization debugging features (resized control highlighting, control info popups)? These things greatly simplify the process of resizing the controls.

12. jetztaber

jetztaber Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX
    By now I didn't use Visual Studio, if you're thinking of it. At this second I prefer translating things the 'old fashioned way'. I want to have done german... 1.1 as fast as possible. I'll check for these possibilities afterwards. So I'm gonna leave things as they are. Lets talk about this later. Which does mean SOON.

13. Unwinder

Nope, I don't mean Visual Studio. I mean RivaTuner's own localization helper tools aimed to simplify the things you're doing right now. There is LocalizationDebugFlags entry in RivaTuner\User interface node in PowerUser tab. Once you switch to value analysis mode (by clicking green arrow near "Value" column caption) you may double click LocalizationDebugFlags entry and use two flags related to #dlu token usage (RivaTuner restart is required after changing the flags to apply the settings):

- show resized hosts - forces RivaTuner to highlight borders of all controls you're resizing with #dlu token, so you can visually control controls overlapping.
    - show host info - allows RivaTuner to display info about controls via context menu ("Show host menu" command is added to "Whats this?" when you right-click any control), so you can get control ID, class and size.

14. jetztaber

jetztaber Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX
    Jep, I'm going to try this.

edit:
    Yes, it is very helpful. Especially for the 'invisible' ones :thumbup:

15. Unwinder

Thomas Feehan just updated his British localization pack to v2.5.0.0.0 .
    The update has been uploaded to server, the link is available in the head of this thread as usual.

16. jetztaber

jetztaber Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX
    Problems / error report

When running statistics server and setting up hardware monitoring for - lets say - core clock / rop domain in german language, I'm facing the following problem: The variables used here (1) can not be shown with capitalized letters at the beginning, e.g. Kerntakt changes to kerntakt (2). Further the german expression doesn't show up here (3) it's still english. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

17. Unwinder

1) and 2) - the phrases are converted to lower case purposely to provide correct English sentences, where they must be placed in the middle of the sentence and must be always in lower case. So now you should choose similar phrases too.
    However, I could offer some solution for future versions, e.g. forcibly convert the first symbol of these sentences to upper case after localization. That should do the trick.
    3) Seem to be localization engine glitch. Will check it and fix if possible.

18. Unwinder

German localization pack for RivaTuner v2.05 by jetztaber has been uploaded to the server. The link is available in the head of this thread as usual. Have a fun ;)

19. jetztaber

jetztaber Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX
    German localization 2.5.0.0.0 - Feedback

Offering the german localization for RivaTuner 2.05 for download in Germany on the website of PCGH Extreme prompted readers downloading it about 700 times the first 24h (direct link + additional link). PC Games Hardware is a monthly published magazine related to games hardware here in Germany and I'm a regular visitor and writer in their forum.

The localization made it to their main page as you can see here:
    http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?article_id=616880

and was adopted to other main pages e.g. here:
    http://www.tweakpc.de/news/12624/download-rivatuner-2-05-deutsch/

But what is really important is that there is great demand and acceptance for localizations. Which makes it fun for the people translating it. And what is really very important for me, I had no single complaint about my translation as well until now (let's see...).

I will continue working on translations for new versions, adding improvements to further ones and (here it comes :rolleyes:): I finished the first ten pages of the online help... which is, seen by number of pages, already about two percent :approval: (no comments please)

20. Unwinder

German localization pack for RivaTuner v2.06 by jetztaber has been uploaded to the server. The link is available in the head of this thread as usual. Have a fun.