ti4400 cs and comp

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Suren27, May 26, 2004.

1. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    I have a crap comp as you can see, I was wondering if there are people here with somewhat identical setup's pc wise, and something with a gf4ti4xxx .... and plays counter-strike... which drivers would you suggest?

2. Hero_of_Time

Hero_of_Time Guest

counter strike can be played on less then that system

i played it on a 900mhz Duron with a mx440

at good speeds

dunno what your problem is

3. General Lee

General Lee High-tech Redneck

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 650tiBOOST 2GB
    I used to play CS and all the other HL mods with an AMD K6-2 @ 380Mhz, 60MB system RAM (4MB shared with integrated video, never could get it free), a 4.2GB HDD, a 14" viewing area monitor, and a Voodoo5 5500 PCI card. The mainboard in that system had integrated AGP that only used up to 8MB of shared system memory, and I didn't have an AGP slot, so I went with the Voodoo5 5500 PCI for $100. The price had been dropped $150, lol.

Anyhow, after tweaking my video settings and OS, I was able to play most of the HL mods at a decent framerate, though sometimes it did get a little choppy. Hell, if you're having problems with CS with that rig, it's not because of the hardware. You have a software problem man, time to start working on a solution with that in mind.

4. Hero_of_Time

Hero_of_Time Guest

General lee what API were you playingi n

GL OpenGL or D3D

5. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    well give me suggestions and ill try them, though it seems like ive tried everything, and its not the cs of the olden days, its cs of today and 1.6 and steam which eats frames like ntohign else... im thinking its my cpu =( ... ive really tried EVERYTHING... or at least all that i know of, but then again, gimme suggestions, right now starstorm 44.67p :-/

6. General Lee

GPU:
    I've always used OpenGL for HL and its mods. As far as resolution went, I could play in 800x600, but it ended up too jerky on mod like DOD, FA, CS, even though it was smooth enough for TFC. So I ran the resolution at 640x480, and it pretty much ran good enough, without much choppiness.

As far as tweaking HL, there's plenty you can do to increase performance. Start by looking up Counter Strike tweaks in Google or Yahoo. You should get some good hits, with plenty of sites offering loads of things you can do, such as commands in the game console, or tweaks for your entire system.

One thing you can do is make sure that the frames per second aren't capped. I think the command is either max_fps # or fps_max #, where the # is the number of FPS that you want it capped at. I think the maximum FPS allowed is 100, so try setting it to that. Another thing you can do is lower the number of decals shown, decals being bullet holes, blood on the walls, scorched marks from rockets (TFC). You can also lower the number of ejected shells from your guns...there should be the options for ejecting each shell, ejecting every 3 shells, and none.

EDIT: BTW, F*CK STEAM! I still play on WON, even though it'll soon be gone.

7. Hero_of_Time

Hero_of_Time Guest

excellent General Lee,

opengl is best for Half life and its successors

8. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    yea well right now for me its cs 1.6 in steam due to competitiveness and such, i know all the commands and have tried all of them, been fiddling around with all of the options, so i was just wondering if anyone know something i didnt :-/

9. Hero_of_Time

Hero_of_Time Guest

yeah,

if you've got Anti aliasing turned on turn it off

10. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    everythings off

11. General Lee

GPU:
    Including V-sync? Have you tried looking at any Counter Strike tweak sites/guides? There's plenty you can do with console commands and game options that may improve performance.

12. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    yea, vsync off, all commands that should be done are done ... its not something within game, its either hardware or something with drivers... and probably hardware (cpu especially)

13. Hero_of_Time

Hero_of_Time Guest

mate underclock the cpu and see if that fixes it... maybe its clocked to high?

14. P4P1T0-BR

P4P1T0-BR Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512MB 640/1950/1600 Alph
    When i buyed my new pc it was made 4 cs only, and then i got all confs to play cs smooth,
    first things, update the drvs to 44.67p, done.
    Tweak the confs with some utils @ guru downloads, do this.
    i recommend this one: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=386
    tweak all that u can tweak, after all try to play again :D
    aaah one thing, your CPU is too weak to get all the fps that your video makes =/, u need at least a athlonxp2000 (1600mhz) or a duron higher than 1400
    feel free to pm me :D

sry for the bad english

15. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    im using 44.67p now the starstorm ones.... tweaked as much as i could so far, didnt get the geforcetweak utility yet... ill do that in a bit.... what things should i tweak in it?

16. Bondolus

Bondolus Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD 3600 512mb
    your system is whats holding you back man, your running a somewhat powerful card on a older system. Especially the SDram, i think it's time to break into the piggy bank and get at least a P4 2.4 with 512DDR ram or higher... this will last you a couple of years and will give you a big increase in overall usage. No point in wasting time trying to make your rig perform better.

Btw, long time no C :p , i haven't been online very much recently, what's up with you?

17. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    BOND!

lol nothing at all, same old problems pretty much get on aim sometime soon well talk :O~

18. Spline

Spline Active Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 5950ultra
    cl_weather 0...:rolleyes:

19. P4P1T0-BR

P4P1T0-BR Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512MB 640/1950/1600 Alph
    n1 spline !
    LOL
    i prefer 1 for my cuttie aztec :D