The Witcher 3 driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by oGow89, May 11, 2015.

1. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Game performance update

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/Technik-Test-1158845/

So according to this article, the game runs very well on ultra settings on both the gtx 770 and the r9 280x with 1080p. The game is very optimized and despite the level of details and the amount of textures a 2gb gpu seems to be doing fine. The game is also very optimized cpu wise and it scales very well on all cores, that even a 2ghz cpu runs the game quite well. And bla bla bla, the gameworks feature hbao+ performance hit is almost unnoticeable on both nvidia and amd, however hairworks runs like crap on both and more so on amd. Further bla bla bla, all of these results are without the day 1 patch so expect the game to run even better.

They don't have any benchmarks as of now, so don't expect to see any numbers there but they did say they are already working on it. Anyways i didn't feel like reading the entire article, so i just looked for what seemed important to me.

2. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
  3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  4. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    I like the water more on the ps4 version :p

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    If the numbers are true, then it's AWESOME news. They basically did what they promised, they scaled the Witcher 2 engine with better graphics :)

EDIT: Badly translated from Googe Translate, but the gist is there:

Please-be-true :D

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Indeed. Also, 7970 aka 280X was doing just as good as 770. Those 770 or 290 system req. was bs, same as FC4.

7. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Well you know its a gameworks title they got to advertise nvidia cards as the better hardware.

8. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Wow not bad translation for google but yea, they meant to say that the experience is very smooth based on their initial experience. Not liquid :p

9. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970, 1506/7806
    Thanks for sharing, this is great news. It seems even nVidia GPUs are heavily taxed with hairworks enabled.

I won't mind liquid smooth performance. :D

10. BoMbY

BoMbY Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    They are explicitly saying they tested a preliminary version. So, the release version may still bring a new GameWorks library with it, for example.

11. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Depends on the liquid.

The AMD drivers don't seem to have any kind of profile for the game in the .xml, and yet if the website is telling the truth, then the game probably won't even need a special driver.

Keep in mind that they didn't test the game version that we are going to get. The version we'll play will be 1.01, whose read me states:

Code:
    Major changes:

Support for DLCs
    Multiple stability issues fixed
    [B]Overall performance improvements[/B]

Quests and game:

Variety of cosmetic quest improvements
    Journal objective fixes
    Quest mapping fixes
    Dialogue flag fixes
    Quest balancing issues
    Scene triggering improvements

Gameplay systems:

Boat behavior
    AI improvements
    NPC spawn strategy improvements
    Combat balancing
    UI optimizations
    :banana:

12. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Well yea we wouldn't want the game to run like oil :p

I am more interested on how the r9 290 performs compared to the gtx 970. I am fine if the 970 pulls a head with 5 fps, and i will definitely be happy if the 290 pulls ahead. Anything above 5 fps and i ain't shutting up. XD

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    that wouldnt make any difference, the submission thread is still the bottleneck.

and the 4 blocks you have in the driver already exsist in the GPU hardware, they are called schedulers.

If you shift them up into the API, thats what DX12 does.

whats really going on is the latency getting info accross the driver thats being optimized. Thats the driver overhead.

14. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    Fortunately, the performance is very good, both Radeon GPUs and GeForce graphics cards provide very good frame rates. Also pleasing: For Ultra-Details and Full HD it takes is a fleet middle-class graphics card as a GTX 770 or R9 280X

Assuming you have a reasonably current quad-core at around 3 GHz and a good middle-class GPU with 2 GiByte memory, you can look forward not only to the best looking version of The Witcher 3, but also to the most liquid after our previous findings so. Kudos, CD Projekt.

can we pls close this topic already

this is confirmed by the witcher 3 forum mod also

15. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Man you really are very inpatient, i don't see the harm of this thread, and people sharing their opinions, so smile and let us see those yellow messed up teeth :D

Anyways if the game runs well, we are all happy and this thread will most likely be closed or deleted or whatever.

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    it will probably just fade off into the sunset, although im sure someone will complain and keep it alive

lol

17. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    And so should every customer of anything ever. You know what they say ''the customer is always right'' we got to use that kind of power while we still have the chance. :D

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    most complaints are pedantic, and counter productive.

ive already seen a complaint that Geralt's hair doesnt match the wind in the trees.

give me a break...

19. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Touché ;)

But on a serious note, that kind of wind would knock an elephant down, that hair should fly off the guys head not just move to the right :giggle2:

20. BoMbY

BoMbY Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    Then please explain to me, why you get an evenly distributed CPU load with NVidia drivers, and only load on one and a half core with AMD drivers?