Dragon Age: Dreadwolf

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Dec 11, 2020.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

Strange that they aren't numbering it, same with the next Mass Effect, just "the next".

Don't screw it up....

*edit*

Steam Page

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    DannyD likes this.
  2. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Kevin Mauro likes this.
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I will beat DA:I after I get the next DA maybe... Single player or bust, they can also bring back the original combat

4. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    This sounds encouraging, but if they have already spent a lot of time developing the game with MP in mind, how good is it going to be now? I doubt they will scrap the whole thing and build it again as SP game. They will likely remove the forced MP parts that they could have monetized. DA:I already played as an offline MMO. Overall seems like another Anthem from them, but naturally that's just speculation and we will have to see more.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I disagree that DA:I was an offline MMO... it clearly was made as a SP roleplaying experience. You could argue the combat was MMO-like, but that's about it.

If the "MP" likeness of the new dragon age is just limited that of DA:I, then i am totally fine with it... but there are lots of games that actually plays like offline MMO's these days (like anthem, as you mentioned), and i wont be interested in it if that's the case... which i fear it might very well be. Though i hope not, cause i really really like dragon age.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I had absolutely no idea Inquisition had multiplayer... I watched some gameplay for it and was like... ohh that's why when I saw it had a "Store" in the game.... then I was like I bet you they are selling "currency" to use in the game on Origin... and shock horror... EA will EA...

[​IMG]

Dragon Age is a singleplayer video game series, why they were even trying to insert multiplayer into it is beyond me.... but then again I already know why. EA.

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    sp take writers, voice actors, editors. etc.

mp takes some assets flipped and stuck in a game and some promotion $$$$$. is why.

8. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Combat was fine, the world felt very much like an MMO. You had huge, mostly empty, areas and a lot of very generic side quests, like kill x enemies here or there. It was still an OK experience, although I must admit I don't even remember the story very much, but immersion wise it was quite a lot worse for me than the first DA: Origins. That's despite Origins having isometric camera and comparatively clunky combat.

What I'm afraid of, is that due to MP considerations, there would be similar world built for MP experience with a lot of generic quests, locations and rewards. But I guess we will see.

9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I really disagree - i think the world was amazingly done. Really a strong point for DA:I... loved exploring it.

That said, i agree that it would be really sad if the coming DA was completely generic in a sorta WoW style.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    Backstabak and Embra like this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I made a biggest mistake by playing the second game first and it was an absolute garbage putting me off from any other game in the series.

Embra likes this.

11. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Origin is a classic. I do not expect the next to be close to it, but would like to see them moving back to the model of it.

Quality rpg's are far and few sadly.

tsunami231 and Undying like this.
  12. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    oh boy oh boy oh boy

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

Source.

I don't know man..... can EA even be trusted.

14. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Oooh, gimme. DA: O is up there as one of my favourite RPGs ever.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I dont expect to see DA game play like origin ever again which sad cause it how i liked the gameplay, D2 and D:I turned in hack fest imo

They always had great storys for single player portions its the gameplay it has turned into i worried about, By the time the next DA game is release I might actual get around to forcing my self to finish DA:I, Kind wished it got ps5 patch to unlock 60fps though

16. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    ulyxon likes this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    A small portion of leaked video and some screenshots can be seen here

Embra likes this.
  19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Development Team Bolstered With Mass Effect Staff, Ex-BioWare Veteran Added as Consultant

BioWare is working quietly on new entries in its long running Dragon Age and Mass Effect franchises, and not many details have been revealed about either game. Dragon Age: Dreadwolf was announced three years ago via a teaser trailer, but the gaming public knows little about the gameplay, lore or visual presentation.
    The Dreadwolf team has been expanded according to Gary McKay, general manager at BioWare - one of several details he divulged in a partially published interview conducted by GamesBeat. The game is in a post-production phase of development, and McKay confirmed via a blog update that Dreadwolf had reached an alpha milestone in September of 2022:
    "Now, for the first time, we can experience the entire game, from the opening scenes of the first mission to the very end. We can see, hear, feel, and play everything as a cohesive experience."

Select members of the Mass Effect team have been shifted over to help with late stage production on the fantasy RPG title: "Our studio is focused on creating the best Dragon Age: Dreadwolf while the core Mass Effect team continues their pre-production work."
    McKay also confirms that a former BioWare veteran has been re-introduced to the team, albeit in an external capacity: "We continue to iterate and polish Dreadwolf, focusing on the things that matter most to our fans. As we further connect this new experience with the series' legacy Mark Darrah will join the team as a consultant, bringing with him years of experience working on Dragon Age.
    "McKay is confident that the newly bolstered team will help with the final polish applied to Dreadwolf in its late stage of development: "We're proud to have this team, with strong leadership at the helm, working together to realize the vision we have for the game."

The Canadian studio is very likely attempting to steer away from its mistakes of the past - their most recent all-original titles, Anthem (2019) and Mass Effect: Andromeda (2017), both launched in near unfinished states with technical issues abound.
    The BioWare group has experienced an exodus of talent over the past half decade, and Dragon Age: Dreadwolf's development team has not been spared from numerous staff departures. The return of Mark Darrah as a consultant on Dreadwolf is a curious bit of strategy for the company, considering that he quit his role as Executive Producer of the Dragon Age series in late 2020.

Embra and WhiteLightning like this.
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OnnA Baka.