The Left 4 Dead Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    evil cat ahead!

lets play it guys..because iam bored with ur attitudes.

2. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    While it was better than The Passing, I didn't think The Sacrifice was anything special either. A couple neat spots here and there (Train Car event in the first chapter, the unique finale), but I couldn't help but find the map as a whole to be sorta bland. Especially compared to some of the custom-made maps that I've been playing recently (Detour Ahead, Lost, Haunted Forest). That said, I still enjoyed being able to play as the original survivors against L4D2 SI, and I love seeing No Mercy converted over to L4D2. Should be much more of a challenge with Spitters and Chargers all over the place. I'd really like to see the other L4D maps get converted officially for L4D2, although I suppose that would pretty much make L4D obsolete.

Also, I was hopeful that since the original survivors were being brought over, we'd be able to mix and match in campaign (Perhaps an Ellis/Bill/Zoey/Coach campaign). Unfortunately that isn't the case. Somewhat disappointing, but I guess from a story standpoint that would make no sense.

So yeah, not the best map I've played, but still well worth the price (or lack thereof :)). It's great that Valve is providing free DLC to PC users. Just a terrific company that knows how to please their fanbase.

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    No playing as Rochelle = a good thing.

4. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    Bottom line: Valve is awesome

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Its free guys so we cant complain really,i have not even played it yet,prolly wont play for a while as i milked the hell out of l4d and l4d2 at release,there still great games for replayability though:)

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    i had to reinstall the whole game again to fix this.

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lmao :D check this update today

8. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 liquid
    At least they have a sense of humor about how much they fail.

9. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    I like how everybody's excuse these days is "BUT ITS FREE!"

You can get a new car model in a game for free these days and people will act like its a blessing. Jesus how the industry has changed.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    And so they should, complaining about free stuff is nothing but a spoilt brat mentality, and i hope there a very few people like nowadays.

11. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    I guess it's just a coincidence that all of the sudden people need to appreciate half assed "free DLC" when consoles control the market? Getting new maps, skins, weapons, etc used to be handed out for free constantly, but now people are spoiled when it doesn't happen anymore. No they don't HAVE to do it, but when I see games like Just Cause 2 promoting an ice cream truck for FREE!!!!!!!

I cant help but laugh.

Infinity Ward is selling two map packs for $15 each ffs, might as well make an expansion pack that actually adds more than just maps for that price. The market is just so screwed up these days and you people just gobble it up. I'm guilty of it too, but I have no choice.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010