The Core i5 3570K processor revisited

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    It cant possibly be true, the performance difference will be a ratio, not an offset.

2. Solid_State

Solid_State Guest

GPU:
    5870 VF3000A / GT430
    Thanks that was a rather good read and puts me at ease for my future upgrade path!

3. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    I have the i5 2500k @4.5ghz. Very nice chip itself, never had any problems with it.

Only thing i'll upgrade later on is graphic card.

4. F.A.Q

F.A.Q Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 660 FTW Sig 2.
    Of course, now the posts will be deleted because the complex is too damn high.

Pathetic!.

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yah that was a bit lame imo...Hilbert could have at least acknowledged it....

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Keep up the attitude, really. It was why your first post was deleted, not because of an error.

7. F.A.Q

F.A.Q Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 660 FTW Sig 2.
    Saving face, are we?.

8. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yeah, we're not gonna do this. Bye !

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    lol, deathwish.
    I wonder if he challenges his Deity in a similar fashion.

10. I don't know what his original comment was, but I don't care. Even if the initial deleting of his post was a little bit harsh, there is no need what so ever for that kind of attitude here. Complete and utter lack of respect towards you Hilbert - will not be tolerated - this is your site and people need to respect that. Good on you Hilbert, we don't need people like that here.

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    There was an error in the page 2 charts where 3570 was tagged being hyper-threaded. An obvious mistake.

Reporting that is fine, I mean a : Hey Hilbert there's a mistake on page two noting 3750 as ... etc etc - is fine.

Instead he was trashing the website about poor editing skills with this place being pathetic and some other insults. I opted to delete the post over infracting him. Some people apparently do not get that I do not like to be insulted in my own house.

I mean comments, fine ... insults. No thanks. There's very little respect these days.

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Fair enough... I guess some people just don't have any tact. ;)

I think sending a PM *cough* *cough* regarding article errors is a much better way to do it ...:p

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  13. omnimodis78

omnimodis78 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080FTW
    Alright, I'm going to bite the bullet and go back to Intel OC'ing 101. When I first got the 3570K, I went with all on auto except for voltage offset set to -0.065 and LLC at Level 3. This was perfect for 4.2Ghz. But a few months later (upon reading this review) I opted for 4.4Ghz at 1.3v which works but as it was pointed out to me that the voltage was too high for 4.4 and to try 4.5Ghz. Which I have - and also bumped down the voltage to 1.290. It's stable, but I haven't tried a lower voltage, because I can see in CoreTemps that while I run Prime95, my voltage at 100% load is always on 1.3060v - so my question is this - what is the real benefit to put the voltage lower in UEFI if the operating voltage is always going to be at 1.3060? By the way, forgive me if this is one of things that are crystal clear to Intel users, but I've been an AMD user for the last 6 years and this is my first Intel CPU...so OC'ing it is more of a trial and error than a knowledgeable approach.

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Reported voltages are not guaranteed correct.
    Voltage settings are not guaranteed correct.
    It 'should' reduce the voltage if you set it to a lower one, but a small change can be reported as the same.

15. well I dont know if it even has to go that far Pill, just people need to be productive and just bloody polite. I mean after all this place is all about helping eachother right?

Just good old manners and politeness goes a long way.

16. omnimodis78

omnimodis78 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080FTW
    Which makes sense, but it's still sort of disconcerting that running at 4.5Ghz set to 1.300v reports at 100% load at 1.3060v then setting it down to 1.280 (as I now did) reports the same 1.3060v - but, if this is not unusual, then I can live with the inconsistencies. Regardless, temps do not exceed 80c on any of the cores so unless someone thinks that I'm still too high at 1.280 at 4.5Ghz, then I'll just leave it as is.

17. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I'm being a smartass :D...

I sent Hilbert a PM about the error in his article, I didn't know he had read the post left by our recently departed friend. :p

18. I think this could be due to your LLC Setting, setting a higher LLC level helps to stabilize the load Vcore closer to your UEFI Bios setting. Maybe try an LLC level 4 to see if this helps perhaps? I am still learning the Intel way too as this rig is my first ever Intel build so I feel your pain man!

19. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Wow! Really?? .... I mean, really? Insulting a guy that been busting his *** off serving the hardware community with this amazing website/forum for over a decade? And more in general in the hardware community?

I mean... Never mind. I'm out of words for this.. Actually words would just be wasted on him..

Also guys, isn't 4.5Ghz considered good on 1.28-1.3v for a 3570k? I know some get more OC with less Volt. but that's another story.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  20. Yeah man for my 4.5ghz oc on my 3570k i need 1.28v which is fairly normal, but like you said, some guys get chips that require less volts which makes me green with envy haha