Television Discussion

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by stereoman, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    New Dexter out in November.

I never did finish watching the entire series. I heard there were mixed reviews about the ending of the last season.

Gonna' rewatch the series from the start, forgot a lot of it.

2. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Watched Mare of Easttown. Pretty good although it seems that every family was ****** up in that town. :p Started watching True Detective.

Edit: TD Season 1 was pretty pretty pretty good. Awesome performances by both Matthew and Woody. Opening theme is pretty addictive as well.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Been watching Foundation and ... Netflix 'Arcane'/league of Legends animation serie. I barely ever watch any animate but this is just too good, extremely inspired artistically and narratively.
    Recommending both really.

KissSh0t likes this.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Curb Your Enthusiasm season 11 out.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Arcane makes anything computer animated that Disney has ever done as looking bland and boring... Arcane's style is a visual treat, second season has been confirmed :>

Been watching Foundation as well, is it wrong that my favorite character/s are the big bad brothers xD

XenthorX likes this.
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Arcane reminds me of old school, teen/young adult/adult oriented Japan anims like Ghost in the Shell,Princess Mononoke. Doubt it's for younger children.
    Totally agrees, also my issue with Foundation is that i feel one of the main actress is not good at all, extremely wooden performance.
    Otherwise i really like the casting of Foundation, quite weird i have never heard of most of them. Brothers are great ! Actor for "Day" is incredible.
    Pretty face but come one.. move your eyebrows or something?! wth
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Lou Llobell, this is pretty much one of her first acting roles.

Ohh.. also the android lady, she is freaky.. most recent episode was like wtf in regards to her...

XenthorX likes this.
  9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I felt compelled to check the character backstory, now i wanna read the whole serie !

KissSh0t likes this.
  10. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT

Carnage A Trois on the 17th December on Prime Video.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  12. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
  13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    The best sci-fi show in the history of ever has just confirmed it will be returning. No I am not talking about The Expanse :rolleyes: I am talking this

backbaby.jpg

fantaskarsef and XenthorX like this.
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Have they confirmed that the voice actor who plays Bender will be returning yet?

15. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Not sure yet, find it very odd though given that the VA is already doing another show for Matt Groening. Maybe it's a cause of he's asking too much money. I do remember their being a very similar story with Lela's VA when the show came back the first time. Basically 'they are in contract negotiates'.

16. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
  17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB

This show has something guys, I don't know what it has, but it has it.

The funny thing is, it actually reminds me of a conversation I had with a work colleague 'like, 20 years ago, and they asked me a thought experiment question which I had forgotten about until I watched this show:

"If you could wipe your memory from your working day, so, you remember walking into work, but your next memory is walking out of the building - would you do it?"

The essence of the thought experiment is to determine whether you actually value your job enough to want to enjoy it, or not. If the answer is "yes" then you are basically wiping out one third of your entire life.

24 hours in the day, 8 hours of sleep, 8 hours of work, and a bookend of 8 hours either side of work.

Work is one third of your life, roughly, and so if you ask yourself this question and derive the answer to be 'yes', you are not doing a job you like, and, should probably quit or retrain for something else.

And then, 20 years later, Ben Stiller makes a TV show with the same conceptual thought experiment.

I'm hooked.

XenthorX likes this.
  18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Weren't there a movie with Ben Affleck just like that? @Loobyluggs

Edit: Name is Paycheck, here the memory wipe aspect is just a plot device, not the subject matter.

Edit edit: watching the trailer feels like the memory wipe is the core of the plot as well actually.
    "You don't know what you do during your working day, that's not what you think"

To be honest i'm hooked, like the idea.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  19. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    The memories. :D

I cannot even remember what day that was on in the UK each week back in the 80s. I remember The A-Team on Saturday tea time after Blockbuster. Something rings a bell The Dukes of Hazzard may have been Saturday 2 - 3pm on BBC1...

Oh....

"The show was a huge hit with audiences and as some of the more adult elements of very early episodes faded out of the series it moved from its post-watershed position to a more family-friendly Monday evening slot at 7:20 pm. Soon a massive hit, it moved from Monday evenings to prime time Saturday evening (times varied, but typically around 5:25 pm), where it stayed for a number of years. Later when ratings began to dip (partly caused by the change to Coy and Vance, and partly to do with competition from ITV, with new hit shows such as The A-Team), it moved back to Mondays, making the odd return for short runs on Saturdays. Late episodes also popped up occasionally on Sunday afternoons, and the remaining episodes of the final season were broadcast on weekday mornings during school holidays in the late 1980s."
    https://www.britishclassiccomedy.co.uk/the-dukes-of-hazzard-1979

20. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Brilliant, you have a good one, @vf!:D:)