ReShade - Advanced post-processing everywhere (SweetFX)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by CeeJay.dk, Nov 30, 2014.

1. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    I'm in the middle of adding features and polish to the new Ascii shader that will come in SweetFX 2.0 ( there is already a preview out which included an earlier version of this on reshade.me )

Here is a test image output:
    [​IMG]

It is also compatible with InjectSMAA so it will likely also make it into SweetFX 1.6.
    It should also run in Media Player Classic so expect the final version to be ported to that after release. This will enable you to watch movies like this.

It could also be the beginning of a Matrix effect :)

"I know Kung Fu"
    - "Show me..."
    "Okay I don't actually know Kung Fu, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career.
    Skills that make me able to make a video effect that looks like the world is made of alien characters that flow down a radar screen like water, or some sort of jam .. possibly raspberry."
    ;)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  2. basagre28

basagre28 Guest

GPU:
    AORUS GTX 1080 TI
    hi guys! is there any realistic sweetfx efx for NBA 2K15? TIA!

3. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    I already ported preview version to MPC-HC and I gotta say it looks neat. :)

When watching some videos it gave me the impression of a LED vision. I think it should be possible as well, we already have a few CRT effects but not a LED one. Just use dots and add a pinch of gaussian blur over there and it should give us something. :)

4. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Something like this?

[​IMG]

5. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    Yes, kind of. It is actually very similar to a halftone filter. I found some approaches which can be used as a base:
    https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XslGRM
    https://www.shadertoy.com/view/lsBXzV

I know that you are already working on a SweetCRT shader, which I saw during the closed beta. CRT/LED effect by only itself looks somehow artificial, with a little distortion and chromatic aberration it looks more realistic. SweetCRT had a nice distortion and CA, maybe you might add LED effect to it instead of creating new one. :)

6. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    I can't get it to work, looks like I'm stuck using Radeon Pro with SweetFX 1.4

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I get this by start or if I alt+tab to change parameters, dunno what happened but it use to work ok at the beginning :)

[​IMG]

Im using the latest reshade 2.0 preview

8. nekrik

nekrik Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti Msi gaming X
    For start, it is nothing to worry about, it's a warning from Reshade compiler about specific shader and values. As far as i can see effect compilation succeeded!!! If you are concerned about that specific shader warning check your settings. Reshade recompiles the shaders on the fly, that means that every time you push Alt Tab to adjust any shader parameters, Reshade auto recompiles them and makes those changes in real time when you reenter the application.
    Oh!! and you cannot use reshade v2.0 (latest is 0.14) you probably mean that u using SweetFx 2.0 shader suite preview from Ceejay.
    Have a nice day!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  9. Blue_Ninja0

Blue_Ninja0 Guest

GPU:
    DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz
    Hi!

I gotta ask if there has been any progress in the temporal anti-aliasing front on SMAA (was it called T2x?)

I'm really looking forward to it! :)

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Ah I see, ok cool. Almost thought its something with game, thanks for info.

Yeah, I meant sweetfx 2.0 part, my bad :)

11. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    I'm leaving on vacation soon, but I wanted to make sure you guys got to play around with the ascii shader in its latest form so I've put up SweetFX 2.0 preview 4 here : http://ge.tt/64SMJpf

"What happened to preview 3?" - Well Crosire didn't update ReShade after preview 2 and so it never got included.

New features :

17 gray levels
    Dithering
    Also works on depth buffer
    Custom font and background colors
    Control over spacing
    Option to invert brightness

..and MUCH MUCH more! Order now - operators are standing by.

There might be a few bugs left but that's why it's a preview release.

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Cheers CeeJay.dk, have a nice holiday! :thumbup:

13. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    You have a nice vacation mate :)

..thanks for teh preview.
    i allready have an ascii cam for my android, haha.

very cool...

greetz BeTa..

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Has anyone been lucky to get the original Black Ops to work with the current 0.14 version of ReShade?
    The game starts normally, but after 1-2 seconds of seeing the map the game drops to desktop with an error message. Never had this before, it always worked flawlessly. I always tried the multiplayer.

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    could someone tell me how to use SweetFX 2.0 or Reshade with MPC-HC ??

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    have you tried SweetFX Video Shaders.7z ?? http://ge.tt/64SMJpf
    you can just import these in the shader editor

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i did but they're not what i want exactly

i want the lensdirt , filmiccurve , filmgrain ..... etc

18. LaciBognar

LaciBognar Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 280X 4G 3GB
    I didn't read this whole thread , but can someone help me with ReShade.

I tried it in Dying light , installed it like in the instructions and when i booted up the game it did not seem to have any effect , even though it said that it loaded the preset successfully.

So , I have an AMD card and windows 8.1...is that a problem?Do i need Radeon Pro for ReShade just like with SweetFx?and how do I change the hotkey for toggle-ing effect since I don't have Scroll lock key on my keyboard.

Thanks

19. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    I didn't test reshade with MPC-HC since I just use lumasharpen and vibrance, but it works fine with MPV IIRC. SweetFX 2.0\1.6 at least, not sure about mastereffect.

@LaciBognar, nothing wrong with AMD cards and Windows 8.1. Reshade works fine under this combination. Are you actually trying with Reshade + sweetFX bundle or reshade by itself? Make sure to check if the shaders are actually enabled.

20. kgonepostl

kgonepostl Member

GPU:
    asus r9 290 dcu II
    That's weird, I installed a preset for dying light and it definitely made a difference. If you wanna change the scroll lock head into the sweetfx folders, there's a file called "reshade_settings.txt" and set "#define ReShade_ToggleKey VK_SCROLL" to any key you want!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015