SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    No but I think I mentioned to Crosire once that it would be a good idea (it's a injector feature - can't be done with shaders).

2. ciceros

ciceros New Member

GPU:
    Colorful GTX 1070
    Any Recommendation for Recording Battlefield 4 w/ SweetFX?

I have been looking for a proper tool to record Battlefield 4 with SweetFX. Fraps seems to support them, but it consumes too much space for my little SSD. :/ Is there any recommendation? Please?

3. MrBeer

MrBeer Member

GPU:
    --
    I use playclaw but is still will take up a lot of space you can change the setting but video won't look has good.

4. NuBiXx

NuBiXx Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 2x 7950
    Try Bandicam or use a video file shrinker AVS Video Converter is good.
    http://www.bandicam.com/

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014

5. NimbusTLD

NimbusTLD Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    Awwww.... you get us all hooked on SMAA then leave us hanging :) Finding it hard to go back to blurry FXAA on DX11 games! I just hope that you will find time to get around to working on it one day soon :)

I don't get why more devs don't implement SMAA natively in their games. Anyone know why?

6. ciceros

ciceros New Member

GPU:
    Colorful GTX 1070
    Thanks for the suggestion. I should try that one.

I tried Bandicam. Unfortunately the recorder doesn't capture SweetFX. The program itself seems really fast and stable compared to the others though.

Again, guys I appreciate for your help.

7. superkickstart

superkickstart Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780
    Is it possible to reload the config mid-game with the radeonpro method?

8. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Yup, money.

9. MrBeer

MrBeer Member

GPU:
    --
    No it will not work.

10. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    I tried it on Starcraft 2 , seems to work well except it drops the frame rate quite alot. Tried messing with SMAA and FXAA settings in .txt to no avail, even deleted the lines, no improvement in framerate.

Im using default preset that comes with sweetfx 1.5.1.

Any idea what setting/s are killing the frame rate? Goes from 260 fps to 130ish fps when I enable sweetfx 1.5.1 in SC2. BTW Im only using 1 gpu for SC2.

11. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
    How did you make it work in Starcraf 2? Please, tell me what you did...

EDIT:

Oh, never mind that. I had help from "someone special" and I got it working. Turns out the solution was in front of me all of the time...

Split files
    In SC2\Versions\Base####:
    -d3d9.dll
    -injector.ini
    In SC2\Support:
    -SweetFX folder
    -d3d9.fx
    -shader.fx
    -SweetFX_preset.txt
    -SweetFX_settings.txt

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  12. pedoncho

pedoncho Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia gt240 1gb
    CeeJay, please add something to switch between different settings ingame!
    I love SFX!

13. Mike Gous

Mike Gous Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 TI 1024Mb
    Anybody here know how to get SweetFX to work with Thief Deadly Shadows? The game is made for WinXP (direct3d). Can't get SweetFX to work with it and RadeonPro is also not compatible with WinXP.

14. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    It might have something to do with the fact it's DirectX 9.0b rather than 9.0c but it could also actually be a dx8 game considering that it's made with Unreal engine 2 which at first didn't have dx9 support.

15. VitoCorleone

VitoCorleone Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G
    Hello,first of all thank you very much for your sweetFX,I really like it,but now I have a problem,sweetFX DX11 not available on Windows 8.1 systems,DX9 is good.so can you update a support the version of Windows8.1?thank you again.

16. zendavis

zendavis Guest

GPU:
    gtx 580 1.5gb
    How would I use SweetFX on Estranged? It's a new Half-Life 2 mod released on Steam for free.

17. NuBiXx

NuBiXx Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 2x 7950
    I think you just need to put Sweetfx files where the games .exe is.

18. BornDownUnder

BornDownUnder Guest

GPU:
    6970 2GB @ 950/1475
    Vito, please take a look at the first page in this thread, it contains alot of info that Ceejay took the time to type out for everybody to see progress of SweetFX, so the thread can be more constructive for feedback/ideas, etc.

SweetFX can be used under Windows 8.1 environment (From what others have posted) via the usage of RadeonPro or eFX injector made by Crosire. If you take the time to read through the pages of this thread you will learn quite a bit more than just how to dump files into your game folder...

A note on RadeonPRO: You can use this utility with an nVidia GPU, just cannot use all of the features of the utility as it is specifically designed for AMD cards. SweetFX functionality is supported to version 1.4 by memory, not sure if you can hook 1.5.1 into RadeonPRO. I think you probably could though would likely have to manually edit the shaders via notepad or any other text editor instead of through the GUI provided by RadeonPRO.

A note on eFX: With the current version of Crosire's eFX injector, it is in Alpha/Beta phase, so expect some issues and not very user friendly, hence my suggestion of reading the thread, as well as Crosire's posts on his site & threads for his eFX injector.

Another note: You will not be able to use SMAA with eFX as Ceejay has not yet updated the coding for the shader to work with the new api methods of Direct X 11 under Windows 8.1, Windows 8 itself is fine with SweetFX 1.5.1 and has full support of all shader features.

Hopefully this helps you and others that have questions on compatibility for Windows 8.1 and SweetFX. :)

19. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    @BornDownUnder

I commend you for evening bothering to answer his post. xD

Would not make it a habit though as most people who post win8.1 DX11 problems, like it's an issue we didn't know about, don't bother to look at the first page or any pages after it, heck I doubt most bother to read posts on the latest page half the time. Basically what I'm saying is you'll drive yourself nuts chasing those posts at some point. xD

20. VitoCorleone

VitoCorleone Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G
    oh,thank your help,befor I read the first page about FAQ and try to use RadeonPRO,but I've failed.now I'm back to windows 8,because I found a lot of compatibility issues under windows 8.1.
    thx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.