SteelSeries Xai Laser Mouse R.U.S.E. Edition

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

SteelSeries also introduced the Xai Laser Mouse R.U.S.E. Edition claiming this new peripheral will boost your performance in R.U.S.E thanks to superior technology and a preconfigured profile setting...

More...

2. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    its all about the money now. this is ripoff with only pre-configured setting for only 1 game and RUSE logo on it.

3. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    who the hell wants preconfigured profiles?!? Its a PC game. This is why we play on PC - to play the game how we want. One of the reasons I stopped playing on consoles is because long ago they stopped having custom controller configurations and now you can only choose from a few selections. F that /throws controller
    Before I clicked on the link, I was expecting something like the Razr Naga, which had a keypad on the side of the mouse. Nope, just an average gaming mouse with a logo.

woah...i need a beer.

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Was thinking about getting a Xai laser mouse lately (not this one though), considering the twin eye phillips sensor in the Imperator is worthless and the Xai uses the same one as the Logitech G500. I liked the G500 except for the shape. They changed a few things making it feel a bigger and bulkier mouse overall... which I don't like.

Though I want them to come down in price first, those steelseries mice.

5. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    That mouse is pretty good.

I see the Microsoft Basic mouse now comes with thumb buttons. :p

[​IMG]

6. Rizzla

Rizzla Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 4870 1GB
    I <3 my Microsoft Basic Mouse :D

7. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    wth steelseries...

8. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I'm not a great fan of such practices. Sometimes preconfiguring makes sense, eg profiles for wheels in racing games, but not here.

$90 for such mice is also a bit too much in my opinion.

<offtopic>
    I'm not sure if Imperator uses the same sensor as Mamba. If it's the same, I can't say anything bad about it.
    If you want a good, cheap mouse, there's OEM version of Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000. Only 4 buttons and 1000 DPI, but it costs less than 10€ and it's extremely responsive.
    </offtopic>

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    It's the same as the mamba but it has alot of flaws (which I think we're fixed in the mamba). When doing rapid swipes across the mousepad, like turning 180°, shooting someone and then turning 180° again, it sometimes stops tracking for a second. It's not the typical laser skipping though, it's an actual delay in respons, because after that second it actually does perform the action you made with your hand.

And then there's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD0ThxpVHMs

I hope they fix it with a firmware update or something because the imperator has the best shape ever for me. Until they fix it I'm using my MX518 again.

10. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    back to offtopic:
    Oh, Z-Axis problem exists with Mamba too (and Everglide Titan mousepad). I haven't seen it before, because I don't really perform such moves, playing at 3200/4000 DPI.
    But it doesn't stop tracking or lock to axis with rapid moves. Sometimes it requires an extra off-on cycle when switching from wired to wireless, but that's all. I couldn't see this problem neither with older 1.07, 1.08 firmwares and current 1.13.

I wonder how other 5600 mice work - especially Cyborg RAT 7 and 9.

11. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    IMO, 5600DPI could be considered overkill. I've set my G9x that high, but found that I could never set the game sensitivity low enough.

Meh, moar is moar. :/

12. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    even a ball mouse will cost $50 if its steelseries brand