Star Citizen will be free to play November 23-30

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    In 15 years my PC will be an implant in the side of my skull, 5 calories :D

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    in 15 years? I dont expect live that long, though in 15years or so the whole Deux EX revolutions will of started, along with with computers in our brains and what not , hell maybe we all become a borg collective at which point we will make hole in the universe and let Species 8472 which will wipe us out.

As much as i like computer and technology, I dont like where we are going with it. it made lot people lazy I dont like the idea of AI controlling thing in anyway let alone self learning AI, skynet anyone?

yah im one those people, all this stuff can be used to great benefit, but all it takes one person to use in wrong way to cluster cluck everyone and everything.

Extraordinary likes this.
  3. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    well ai controlling cars if fine with me especially since we are so far away from creating consciousness, this means the ai as we have it today has no ambitions or "wants" it does what it is programmed to do and as soon we can keep it on can keep doing the specific task , for an ai to start a war with humanity must have consciousness and ambition things we can not integrate yet ... at all

4. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    Game development started in 2016. Tools and techs started in 2014. Some early assets started in 2014.

RDR2 took 8 years and made using existing engine, tools and techs.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You realize Looby is just here to troll you with the stale tropes he has memorized from the internet. He has no actual interest in the game at all except as a vehicle to argue with someone.

yasamoka likes this.
  6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I'm sorry but I cannot let that comment stand.

Take long hard look into his past failures. What is worse is he then blamed everybody else in the world except himself.

7. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    Will anyone buy my house? I really want ships!

BangTail likes this.
  8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    RDR2 has got a Rockstar story behind it.

/thread

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    they aren't, you're just a hater.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It's very playable as of 3.3.0, I jumped in with a crew on a Hammerhead the other day as a turretteer and did a few missions.

Prior to OCS (Object container system) you couldn't do much online without the framerat being sub20, with 3.3.0 i was pushing 50's and 60's

[​IMG]

HandR and cryohellinc like this.

11. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    That's nice to hear. Time to give it another go I guess. ;)

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Rubbish, the money that went into those games was public money spent on worse preceding products.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    more performance improvements will hit 3.3.5 for the OCS system, the games going to be my life once its fully implemented lol.

14. JoeBlobers

JoeBlobers Guest

GPU:
    GTX780
    10K$?? You are misinformed by troll: Starter package cost 50$ max and not an extra cents.

15. JoeBlobers

JoeBlobers Guest

GPU:
    GTX780
    What you heard is may be 5 years old... :) 3.3 and upcoming 3.3.5 bing between 50 to 80fps even for average Rig.

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    To give a short reverse timeline of the beginning:

• The official development start date for SC is Januar 2013 with the fundation of the first game studio (source: Gamescome 2016 presentation)

• the game was "funded" with the end of the kickstarter in November 2012 (that why we have the fourth anniversary last month)

• the firm CIG was funded in April 2012 (sources: their webside)

• CR said that he worked on the prototpye and preproduction since a year before oktober 2012 (sources: some interviews in that time)
    Therefore there are argement for several stating dates between the end of 2011 and January 2013.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitize..._long_has_star_citizens_development_actually/

17. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    The game was largely redefined back in 2014. Game development itself was started with Alpha 3 branch.

18. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    and just to add to my other comment can people please stop using the pathetic and tiring argument of you only pay $50 to play and then you can earn everything else in game. Any game that has this pathetic promise of you only ever pay an entry level fee and then you can earn everything else in game will always end up with an in game market where the process and act of earning money turns in to nothing but a grind where it becomes a better option to just fork over real world money to buy the item rather than spend the stupid amounts of time needed to actually earn it in game. Just about every game that has an 'earn it in game economy', but if you want you can pay to have it now, has it's market and gameplay loop tweaked to encourage players to fork out real cash and from the outsiders point of view SC has certainly laid the groundwork early to be another game that will follow this path.

INSTG8R likes this.
  19. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Your studios you mention are no more than 20-100 employees. I'm pretty sure they have plenty of people to make this game in a timely manner. Truth be told most games don't even make a profit. Studios try to make a name for themselves by making quality games and attract publishing money. Roberts knows this and is just filling his pockets with money now and will never make a game. He said in 2014 the game would be released....nope. In January 2017 he said the game would be released in 2017...nope. And any release date was removed from their web site. This so called beta/game is already a non entity and even if it ever does come to completion and release, it already has a million excuses built in to explain it's miserable failure. I'd rather buy a car from Bernie Madoff than give money to Roberts pie in the sky scheme.

20. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    LOL You clearly haven't followed many of the business practices of this company. I suggest you go and do some research.

Loobyluggs and BangTail like this.