Star Citizen raised over $300 million USD to date

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 16, 2020.

1. JoeBlobers

JoeBlobers Guest

GPU:
    GTX780
    It is mandatory to use SSD not HDD. I would recommend to all PC gamers to isntall also the OS on SSD. This is like getting for few buck a thousands $ new PC.

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Space?

3. JoeBlobers

JoeBlobers Guest

GPU:
    GTX780
    Well except it is not correct. It takes minutes not hours and definitively not year or why not century? :)
    Try to figure out how backers to have videos of hours gameplay solo or coop. because alpha do have bugs but it is not the nightmare that some (who very often don't even play it at all) try to depict.
    Explain why ten thousands new backers are joining at every patch during free weeks...

4. JoeBlobers

JoeBlobers Guest

GPU:
    GTX780
    Elite Meta won't change magically in a year because isntead on driving on PG moon you can walk on it.
    Coming from and ED backers with unlimited free update. Compare all past free or or not so free ED DLC's vs their announce and you will see there is a cosmic gap between what is depicted and what it bring into game.
    The Carrier addition is the perfect example. Sounds great but benefit (?) to few players. Space legs is of the same caliber. They already announced that this extension will make you lose 3D VR, no ships interiors.

The upcoming SW Squadron, ED, NMC, EVE, SQ42+SC are totally different games. None are superior to others and do offer different level of experience to space lover community. Great time for us as we can support several project over years :)

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I look forward to the final reviews when it is finally released...

JoeBlobers likes this.
  6. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    ok.

7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Perhaps, perhaps not - but the comparison is fair: both projects were crowd funded, yet one of them STOPPED taking money once the target was met, and used a credible business plan to release the project into a game.

And, as everyone knows because I keep telling them: IF there were any features missing from the final product, those who asked, got their money back.

Chris Roberts didn't even sell his house to fund his vanity project.

carnivore and chispy like this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No, elite dangerous did not.

Horizons was not a free addition and they sell a commander pack.

9. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    So you know they'll kind of get weather half working so it looks good in the video's and then they'll leave it. Come back in 4 years to maybe finish it off, decide they need to make the snow storm prettier, re-write it, still fail to implement all the missing bits and leave it again. That is the SC way.

chispy likes this.
  10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It's looking nicer. I just wish they hurried up. Too much little details which will drag out development for years. Code the core game and make it playable then add smaller stuff later on after release.

11. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
  12. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Looks like yes

sverek likes this.
  13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    LOL, wasn't talking about SC I was replying to someone who made a post about turning The Expanse in to a game. I referenced a planet called Illus or New Terra that becomes the first new colonised world after the ring gates open and is the focus of the fourth book / fourth series. As the books are heavily focused on real Newtonian Physics I would assume any game based on the books would be too ergo it would take a year to travel from Earth to Illus / New Terra.

14. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Then go and amend the wikipedia. I am specifically referring to the crowd funding/sourcing.

They had a target.
    It was met.
    They stopped taking money.
    They delivered on time and under budget.
    They refunded those who didn't get the features they wanted.

This is corroborated by them and the people who donated.

PrMinisterGR, carnivore and chispy like this.
  15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn i completely agree with your statement right here - "If you ask me, yeah, this game will never be released in full or see a final build." - https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/star-citizen-raised-over-300-million-usd-to-date.html

I always had a bad feeling about this crowd funded game since the beginning :/ , raising so much money at a fast pace made it the right reason for Chris Roberts to take the once on his lifetime opportunity to make him quick millions upon millions of dollars for him ( and making him a rich multi millionaire fast ) and to milk this cash cow for whatever it's worth throughout many years to come and keep milking it. Yet some gamers are so invested already on this alpha demo Star Citizen and they cannot get a simple money back transaction for the money already spent on it :( . They will blindly follow like a sect this alpha demo of a game and defend it at all cost even if they are wrong.

Remember how much money he ask from the Legatus Starter Pack selling at an incredible $27,000 US Dollars ( never in history we have seen this on a crowdfunded game ) , and that's when the alarms , bells and whistles sounded off at a cash cow scheme , greedy Chris Roberts may want more and more money to keep up his extraordinary and lavish lifestyle. Haters going to hate but this is the reality at this moment , closing to 10 years and there is not a finish game , not even a Beta release , only a really bad stuttering mess , full of bugs Alpha release ( and yes i recently tried to play it ).

Once upon a time many , many years ago i was looking forward to play this game if it releases at a full game release but as the years upon years went by i knew inside of me this game will never see the light , and will never see a full game release. Nothing is normal on the way they handle and manage the development of this game and the unstoppable incoming money from blind followers , to the contrary it has a very abnormal way of management or should i say mismanagement with all those millions upon millions and no one to respond to ( No government law can protect the people that spent money on it because they did it on their free will as a crowd funded game ) , hence a free for all cash cow.

My opinion is the game will never be release and their followers sect will make any excuse to justify their investment on this Alpha Buggy game any way they can , they will make an excuse after excuse and they will never see the light and see what everyone else see. Open your eyes !

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    carnivore, Keitosha and Loobyluggs like this.

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    What the backers should do is take Chris Roberts and his company to court. File a class action law suit or something along those lines. Force a time period for release or get some money back.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    carnivore and chispy like this.
  17. JoeBlobers

JoeBlobers Guest

GPU:
    GTX780
    For what reasons precisely? there is zero legal reason to attack anyone unless no product is developped at all.
    Better.

A US Court did rejected a backers who pledged during several years, multiple times to get any refund from CIG. None. Zero.

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    No game in history has taken 10 years to develop. Too ambitious for it's own good.

chispy likes this.
  19. JoeBlobers

JoeBlobers Guest

GPU:
    GTX780

Remeber that the 27K$ package was created on specific demand from ONE org leader. Because pledges are followed and tracked everyday, we know that only one 27K$ package have been purchased years ago.
    Knowing Org do have up to +10.000 members, this is 2.7$ per head to get a fleet the all org can use over time. Who can't afford 2.7$?

At the same time WOW players pay subscription and DLC's which make for 10.000 individual during a period of 8 years, roughly 10.000 x 1000 x 8 = 80 Millions$

80 millions versus 27K$.... and CIG is Evil :)

HandR likes this.
  20. JoeBlobers

JoeBlobers Guest

GPU:
    GTX780

ED and SC are not equal. Frontier did worked on ED over past decade regularly and decided at one point to finish it. This is the reason why they made it so fast.
    Second, ED is a fraction of scope and complexity of SQ42+SC.
    Third CIG had zero studios at end of kickstarter, nor pipelines, no heavily modified game engine and 12 guys.

Last but not least, you don't know what cash CR bring to create the project.