Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Gameplay Trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Martinfield

Martinfield Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x @1075
    A quick note; the Alpha 2.0 isn't available to everyone right now but should be in a week or two. There's some serious issues being hashed out right now that needs to be fixed before release :)

3. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    It does look amazing but i just worry it's going to cost an arm and a leg for the whole package and especially if you want everything inc many ships.

4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I hope not. That would be a rather disappointing business model to use after getting so much support from the community. To turn around and milk other gamers for cash with micro-transactions for silly stuff like models once released seems ungrateful to the gaming community as a whole.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    You only have to spend $45 and you have both the singleplayer game and the MMO part.

Is that correct?

6. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    In before the swarming.. :p

7. Rags

Rags Guest

GPU:
    670gtx
    You can just buy the starter package for $45. You can earn everything in game, just like the old wing commander and freelancer games. Buying credits is optional to fund the game after release.

8. Martinfield

Martinfield Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x @1075
    Correct!

Currently 45$ for the entire Single+Multiplayer game and all alpha/beta access. You get a starter ship which can be upgraded (by pledging money now, or with in game currency when game is released). You won't be able to buy ships for £$€ when the game is officially released, it's just now to help funding the game. In the MMO you'll earn credits to buy whatever pleases you!

9. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7900XTX Aqua
    You don't have to spend a dime of real money past the cost of a starter package (currently $45 dollars), everything is earn-able in the persistent world through salvaging, pirating, combat, and/or in game credits. (besides some very marginal non game impacting backer specific trinket rewards for supporting the game through development)
    Also, that same $45 bucks, along with the persistance Universe, gets you the Squadron 42 campaign and other alpha specific advantages right now. there is no monthly fee! the game mechanics will probably change a little from now until release but their won't be micro-transactions or anything of the sort for you to fully enjoy the experience. I recommand watching the "10 for the Chairman" youtube videos for more details on Chris Robert's vision of the game universe.

10. Kaerar

Kaerar Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Been testing Alpha 2.0 and the last patch stabilised the issues with server connection and disconnection. The next test patch (H) is going to focus on the few disconnection issues still present and fixing an issue with FPS.

Gotta say some of the most fun I've had in years of gaming :)

EDIT: On the pricing thing, there are no ingame monetary transactions and there are no micro-transactions planned for the game. All you need is a package from the RSI store (must be a package not a standalone ship) and that grants SQ42 single player story and the multi-player Persistent Universe. Cheapest at the moment is $45 USD (though buying in Euro seems to be cheaper slightly) though every now and then a sale comes up with Starter packs at $30 or $35 USD. Those sell out incredibly fast though.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Yet some how they managed to utterly miss conveying ANY of that in the gameplay trailer there. Yes the graphics looked nice but the gameplay looked plain boring. The thing is they have had videos in the past that do look good, that did look interesting, yeah they had an element of pre-produce theatrics to them but I know the game engine was used for the videos themselves however this video, this trailer for the game that used nothing but actual gamplay just looked cr*p.

Purely digital delivery, how do you 'sell out' of something that is nothing more than a pie in the sky number entered in to a database somewhere? I can see why so many people have issue with the economy behind this game.

12. screecwe

screecwe Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 275 GTX FTW editi
    They are "selling out" of a specific price point for the base level package. Just like a store having a limited quantity of a product at a sale price.

And how could you possibly have an issue with selling two AAA level games for $35? When it comes out, Squadron 42 will be $60 and Star Citizen will be $60.

This deal saves people $85.

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Surely that is based on actual tangible stock levels though? There is nothing tangible about a digital download only game.

Personally, I prefer boxes with discs than digital downloads.

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    A store will have a limited number because they have to physically have the product to sell, they have to physically move and store that product a digitally delivered game has no such limitations, it's limitation is because someone said '1,000, yup that's it 1,000'. It's a way of creating an artificial sense of limitation and exclusivity.

I don't have any issue with them selling two so called 'triple AAA' games at whatever price they want but the artificial limitation of 'stock' is utter b*ll**** by any level of reasoning.

Except on the days when they have a 'limited number' of the games to be downloaded for $30 each ;)

15. Kaerar

Kaerar Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Indeed it is and let's be honest here, it's just a pretty common marketing tool. One used by everyone, even Kickstarter on a regular basis.

Yes you can get ya panties in a twist over it, but it works as a good hook to get people interested in it. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Indeed, though I got mine well before they even had their first "sale" so it was never really a problem, tbh still isn't for me.

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I guess it depends on the type of people you want to get interested in your product. Dumb people who can't figure out artificially created stock levels, would not be first on my list.

17. Foonus

Foonus Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2070SC
    15,000 Package

The Completionist - Digital - Combo
    $15,000.00 USD
    Thats not a Typo. $15,000.00

Games these days selling out is bad enough, but when there is a chance for someone to spend money to get $15,000.00 advantage on you right out of the starting gate well, Next game please...

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    You have no clue...

Also you can roll your own private server and mod the crap out of it. Should be fun! I'll probably end up playing mostly on private server. Official mega server can be nice too but still...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    It's a valid point.

20. Mtom

Mtom Member

GPU:
    290X lightning

Yes he can buy all of the ships...but only fly one at a time..the bigger ships needs more people to operate, so that cannot be done alone either. The game is skill based not stat based, that he cannot buy either.

So the one buys the pack can choose from more ship at the beginning. That's his advantage over ones like me who has a 45$ package.

Core systems will be no fight zones with police keeping peace so at the beginning he can't even gank you, just if you go to the outer systems.

So what is the problem?