Space Engineers- Early Access Game on Steam

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Mr.Bigtime, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    I'm so freaking sick of these half-arsed coded indie games. They use only 1-2 cores and give me sub-75% gpu usage on a freaking 640. :bang:

DayZ, KSP, Space Engineers, all the same.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

This game runs fantastic for me, so does KSP.

Perhaps you should upgrade your computer instead of complaining that you cannot play new games on your computer.

3. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    wat .-.

Let me be clearer. I'm complaining about games that perform terribly on my system while simultaneously not stressing my system. Mrw my system isn't advanced enough to brute force through these problems.

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Honestly.... E8400 was slow ages ago and it ran at much faster speed than your cpu. You can't expect games to run that well any more. Core 2 architecture cpu @ 2,5 GHz is not a speed demon. Also in some cases you just need raw single threaded performance and that's where your cpu will be 4x or more slower than current i5/i7 cpu's that are modestly overclocked. Besides, that cpu is getting old.

But anyway, this has been on my wish list for some time. I'm waiting for decent deal before I buy it (not that it's pricey...).

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Don't complain about the game, it's very well optimized despite being early alpha....

If you aren't happy with the performance of your rather old system when playing newer games, Consider upgrading.

And I don't mean the video card, to be honest that CPU is probably not letting you get the most out of that video card.. even though it is a low end card.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  6. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    >about as graphically intensive as minecraft
    >uses barely 2 cores and less than 500mb ram in 2014

>complains about a lazy dev that can't take the time to make a game use 4 cores
    >must be a pleb because i5/7s raw singlethreaded performance brute force through idiotic problem

Okay. :rolleyes:

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Space Engineers is not graphically the same as Minecraft.

I am not arguing with you, I am simply pointing out that your computer is mostly very old, if you want to get better performance in new games, it would be a good decision to upgrade it.

It is entirely your choice.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  8. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Didn't bother reinstalling this game when I rebuilt my computer a month or so ago.

It seems like a fun enough ship builder but the underlying interface, control and trying to get simple stuff done seems to be stupidly over complicated and I gotta be honest I have no idea what the final project goal for this game is, they keep throwing new things at it but I just don't know where they are going with it.

The biggest thing though is it is called Space Engineers but the underlying Physics are just stupid. You can also spend hours and hours building a super ship, designing and implementing it and then... well what do you do with it then? Two things

1). Smash it in to something else (watch the cool physics until it glitches out and the objects just pass through each other (have they fixed this yet?)

2). Copy paste it and then have a make shift space battle between the two ships too see just what kinda damage you can do

3).... ....uh that's about it

For now I am sticking with KSP for all my Space Engineering needs.

9. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio 4090 W/C
    There is factions and you make allies or enemies and build stations. You try to take over as much as you can and go to war. Plenty of things can be done.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This is currently free to play until the 23rd.