Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    easy if you dont own monitor/tv that does 120hz

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    The Darlings sold that company a very long time ago now, at a time when The Earth was still coding...

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    You only have to look at the games being released of Steam to see that isn't true.

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    As i suspected, it came yesterday and like the Kinect adaptor is was just thrown into a jiffy bag and posted.....so can't even sell it box unopened. lol

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    At least they put it in a jiffy bag.

XP-200 likes this.
  6. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

GPU:
    680GTX
    I've been wondering what a correct PS5 purchase time frame would be. I still remember the early PS4's and people using heat guns. I'd suppose the correct question would be, are there any flaws in the design or materials that hasn't been seen yet and at what point will a hardware revision occur that fixes any issues being found now?

I can't remember if M.2's have been enabled yet either. I'd really want to start out with an M.2 right at the beginning as well.

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    You can only transfer data to another external drive. It can't be used for anything other than storage. Can you swap out the internal NVME? Probably.

8. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Touch wood my ps5 seems fine no noise even though it's big vertical.

9. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Received mine on the 19th and had a few days to play with it. So far no problems, runs quiet and cool. The thing is big and I’m still not sure if I like the design. I kinda do, but not as much when in horizontal mode. Thankfully if fits in my shelf under the TV. Would probably buy black panels if/when they release them.

First of all, the Dualsence controller is amazing! Even though I have seen youtubers rave about it, I was still not prepared for it the first time I booted Astro’s Playroom. Not gonna try and explain how it works, plenty of videos for that, but for real, you have to try it for yourself. Lets just hope that more devs will utilize it, as it will be a shame not to. The only con I have with the controller are those sharp edges on the inside of the bottom of the handles. They do feel a bit uncomfortable and I preferred the rounded ones on the DS4.

I did not get Demon’s Souls or Spiderman MM on release, because they can eat my ….. with that 60 to 80 EUR price hike! Will be getting them on second hand down the line. In the mean time I have patiently waited to play some of the PS4 first party titles on PS5 and that seems to have worked nice for me. God of War, Ghost of Tsushima and Days gone have been patched for 60fps and I hope the Last of Us 2 will be too (haptic feedback has already been added). Also Destiny 2 will be getting the next gen treatment next month. I have been playing GoW and loving it! The game is amazing in every aspect, but now with solid 60fps and 3D audio it is even more epic.

Speaking of the 3D audio, I have heard a few software implementations, but they all boost the high and higher mid frequencies and become fatiguing fast. This one actually sounds fuller with a nice low rumble and good directional positioning on my Sony Gold V2 wireless headset and I prefer leaving it on all the time. And it works across everything on the system, from games to Youtube, but a good idea to be disabled if listening to music. That said the integrated music player is even worse than the one on the PS4 in terms of interface. I really do hope they update it and may be add some sort of a visualization, especially with OLED screens becoming more popular. I remember the PS3 having one. As the PS5 is very quiet, it is a good source for music when listening on speakers.

Lastly, the interface of the console is good and looks modern and fresh. It does require some getting used to coming from the PS4, but overall it is solid and super quick. It can be improved and there are things to be added for sure. Streaming to PS4 works great too at 1080/60fps. I did not use the transfer feature from the PS4, but there is the option if you want. Personally I prefer the fresh start and only downloaded the two games I’m playing at the moment. People have reported problems when using an external drive, so I would avoid that until it is patched and stable. I usually play no more than three games at a time so for now I do not feel restricted by the 667Gb available. Also not a CoD player, so that helps.

Overall I’m very happy with it so far and it will get even better, once there are more games made specifically for these new consoles.

serbicu likes this.
  10. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I was expecting that thermals would be better. Especially on the memory.

JonasBeckman likes this.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Launch consoles will never be perfect as it takes a year or two until we get a refinded revision of the hardware, so in say two years time we will get revised version of both consoles all slimed and tweaked down with way better cooling and PSU usage, and i suspect on the PS5 slim model the fixed to the Mobo SSD wil be gone.

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    What normally happens is they put in cheaper parts for less cost.

Serotonin and KissSh0t like this.
  13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^It's not so much cheaper parts but more that in a few years the fabrication and parts become more refined and cheaper, so they can shink it all down while cutting manufacturing costs to level they can't do at launch.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    long as they dont cheap out on the the fan... and or psu,, we all know they didnt cheap out on the storage as they went with most expensive take on storage :rolleyes: and i sure lots people know have feel about that at this point haha

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Look closely...

1587882277_Screenshot2020-11-25at06_45_13.thumb.jpg.5156bde161ef16413975ed8190ac6e60.jpg

17. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  18. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Expensive photos.

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^Some people just deserve to have their money taken from them.....£940 over 29 bids.........for a photo. lol

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Rich fools who are too stupid to know any better. Basically giving money away.