MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Ohhhh... so thats what
    § Added sticky layer position options to <Layer properties> window
    means. Guess it would have been obvious after trying it myself. Stick to Position or Snap to position.

2. Tigrex

Tigrex Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    In the Windows system tray, the version number of RTSS is included in the tooltip that appears when hovering RTSS icon (such as "RivaTunerStatisticsServer v7.3.2.24647 Beta 1"), therefore every time I update RTSS I have to manually turn on the RTSS icon again in Windows 10 Taskbar settings => Select which icons appear on the taskbar, because Windows thinks it is another program.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Bad luck for you. I use build number info displayed in tray icon tooltip frequently myself, so it won't change.

Kaminari likes this.
  4. Unwinder

RTSS 7.3.2 Beta 2 Build 24797 is available for download. Changes list includes the following:

o Added new <RES> hypertext tag, allowing displaying framebuffer resolution in On-Screen Display
    o Added new <ARCH> hypertext tag, allowing displaying application architecture info (x64 or UWP) in On-Screen Display
    o Added new <API> hypertext tag, allowing displaying application 3D API info in On-Screen Display. This tag is quite similar to <APP> tag, but unlike existing tag it displays full 3D API name instead of abbreviated one (e.g. OpenGL instead of OGL)
    o Added new <TIME=format_string> hypertext tag, allowing displaying custom formatted system date/time in On-Screen Display. Please take a note that format string is not validated due to performance reasons, so it is up to client to perform the validation
    o Slightly altered geometry batching implementation in On-Screen Display renderer. Previously RivaTuner Statistics Server internally represented On-Screen Display contents as a few uber batches, containing all On-Screen Display geometry grouped by primitive type (for example, the first batch containing triangles representing all On-Screen Display symbols, solid color bars, and embedded images and the second batch containing all lines used to render all graphs). Such batching provides optimal rendering performance and minimizes draw calls count and rendering pipeline state changes. With such implementation it was possible to render On-Screen Display contents in expected Z-order for the same type of graphics primitives (e.g. for text, images or solid color bars), but line primitives were always rendered on top of everything. New altered geometry batching implementation allows splitting uber batches on smaller batches, so it is now possible to render both lines and triangle primitives in expected Z-order. Please take a note that batches splitting mode is enabled by default, but power users may enable old uber batch rendering mode at profile level if necessary

https://download-eu2.guru3d.com/rtss/[Guru3D.com]-RTSSSetup732Beta2Build24797.rar

New MSI AB beta is also around the corner. It will include the following changes:

o Added experimental support for Intel 11th generation CPUs
    o Added experimental support for mobile AMD Ryzen CPUs
    o Increased memory overclocking limit for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30x0 series graphics cards

Clukos, The1, SalamatiQus and 4 others like this.

5. Unwinder

Small note on new <TIME=format_string> hypertext tag. Only legacy time format specifiers supported by VC++ 2008 runtimes are allowed to be used in the format string. You can find the list of legacy specifiers online, for example here (legacy ones are in white, newer ones are in yellow). As it is reflected in the release notes, format string is not validated in realtime due to performance reasons, so it is up to you to ensure that you specify only supported specifiers there.

Alberto_It likes this.
  6. Alberto_It

Alberto_It Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI SUPRIM X 4090
    Increased memory overclocking limit for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30x0 series graphics cards

That's a great thing! Thanks very much

7. orangewoolcry

orangewoolcry Member Guru

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    very nice updates ...VERY nice indeed , Unwinder , my man , making OSD enthusiasts dreams come true no doubt, keep at my dude...great stuff

p.s how do i get this string to show proper , dont really get it , would appreciate it alot

currently ive got <C0>%Time24% <C99=01000000>

would like to use the new <TIME=format_string> , instead

%c

Date and time representation *Thu Aug 23 14:55:02 2001,

also if possible could someone help me out with some values showing big and other showing small for example ive added some values to the OSD Skin like vram temperature but its temperature abreviation aka °C doesnt show like the others in small it shows in big and the cpu clock shows in big and small mixed letters, same for the Gpu model, as can be seen in the below screenshot, would appreciate the help

heres a screenshot to show you what i mean

https://www.mediafire.com/view/21hpgyy3hz79h6v/almost_there.png/file

heres my preset

https://www.mediafire.com/file/whz5h8ffbft2329/Rainbow_01_%28200%25%29.ovl/file

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  8. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    great update, thanks Unwinder.

I like a clean and small text based OSD and the new tags combined with the previous addition of sticky positioning is awesome!

9. Unwinder

@orangewoolcry

Please no need to turn this thread into one more “modify my OSD for me” place. MADFLOR’s thread is sadly almost dead, thanks to endless “requests” spammed there.

10. orangewoolcry

orangewoolcry Member Guru

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    sorry for the so called spam , just asking for some support thats all , i hope you can see that ive been trying my damnest to get there sorry , but i need the pros to get this finished sorry

11. Unwinder

MSI Afterburner 4.6.4 Beta 2 build 16079 is available for download. Changes list includes:

o Added experimental support for Intel 11th generation CPUs
    o Added experimental support for mobile AMD Ryzen CPUs
    o Increased memory overclocking limit for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30x0 series graphics cards
    o RivaTuner Statistics Server has been upgraded to v7.3.2

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html

Please take a note that experimental support for Intel 11th generation CPUs was added blindly without such hardware here, so I'm not sure if it is working properly yet.
    Also I remind third party webmasters that it is internal beta, which is not intened to appear in news. No need to link it please.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2021
    Clukos, CrazyDron, The1 and 3 others like this.
  12. Unwinder

No, of course I cannot do it. Passive waiting mode in fps limiter is timer events based, preceise timing and high timer resolution is a must for that.

Prag likes this.
  13. Unwinder

It is not a smart decision at all. If you don't want to use passive waiting and framerate limiter with lower CPU "usage" becasue of mandatory high timer precision, you can totally disable passive mode and return back to active busy-waiting implementation.

Prag likes this.
  14. Prag

Prag Guest

GPU:
    @Unwinder, perfect! Thanks for the help.

15. Clukos

Clukos Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    Amazing, thank you. Time to uninstall EVGA Precision :p

16. Clukos

Clukos Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    I also noticed something in this AB release (4.6.4 Beta 2) that I might have missed in the past, didn't see it mentioned in the recent change logs. You can now shift+drag in the curve editor and move multiple points at the same time!

[​IMG]

This is such a great QoL feature, many thanks! (I might have missed this in the previous betas)

17. Unwinder

It is not specific to new release. This feature was added to V/F curve editor more than 2 years ago, in 4.6.1:

Clukos likes this.
  18. Unwinder

I said that it is mandatory and I have nothing to add to it.

Prag likes this.
  19. DNB

DNB Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900 XT
    I was hoping this would be a dynamic resolution to have a way to record the actual render resolution of a game, but it looks like even when using a resolution scaler it always outputs my native resolution.

Would it be possible to record that info somehow? Would be super useful for testing purposes. What was your intended usage of the tag?

20. Unwinder

My intended usage is explicitly documented in the release notes, it is framebuffer resolution. Your hopes are not in sync with reality because you confuse framebuffer and render target resolutions. And no, I won’t be tracking dynamic render target resolution for games using internal resolution scaler because detection implementation is specific for each game. While it is “super useful” from your POV as a user, it is complete jar of worms in terms of development and compatibility. Forget about it.