RivaTuner + SoftR9700 (R9500 into R9700) !!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aprox

aprox Guest

aldamon: what do you mean with "non-ATI"? shall i order the Ati r9500 128mb tough it stands 128bit memory @ the homepage?

2. delerium

delerium Guest

http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/product.asp?pid=6164&sid=2V162PBCRT0P8HS8E8QFTU7J8TR3CXUD#

I understand this card can be turned into a 9700 and overclocked to 9700 pro speeds. The only question i have is, does the power cable come with the 9500's? Allstarshops Package Contents dont mention it. I could see the 9700's having it since they orginally need the extra power for the other 4 pipelines. If not can this easily be bought at a local radio shack?

thanks.

3. neil

neil Guest

Probably a typo with the non-ATI, but he's saying and I think uniwind too is that the NonPro 9500 can only be 256bit, as it's the same as the 9700. So the webpage descriptions are giving wrong info.. but just wait till someone that knows for sure answers (i.e. not me :)).

4. wesblake

wesblake Guest

Re: So, is this worth it?

I have something else to add to this...People are mentioning the additional power for the 9700 over the 9500. I just purchased a Shuttle XPC SK41G, which has a 200w psu. I know my Ti4400 will run in it, but If I were to do this little switch, will I have power problems?

5. loafer87gt

loafer87gt Member

My ATI 9500 non pro came with the floppy power cable passthru. It was physically attached to the card as my earlier picture shows.

6. Upke

Upke Member

GPU:
    Sparkle geforce 4 TI 4200 8X 128 MB
    @Voodoo Minion thats the one.

@Yes! Buy a 300 watt psu. You will definiatly get problems.

7. Zulan

Zulan Guest

Voodoo Minion, Yes. Thats the card. That's the exact same as I will be getting in a day or 2.

Emil J: I think you are out of luck. They had 100+ this morning on Komplett.se before 16:00 they where all gone. I don't think you will find them in stock anymore.

8. neil

neil Guest

Out of stock anyway voodoo :(

9. neil

neil Guest

Is it safe to pre-order this card? Will ATI have changed it or anything...

10. mengy

mengy Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce 6600GT 128MB
    NO! It says PRO at the bottom!!!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2003
  11. mengy

mengy Member Guru

GPU:
    You guys can try newegg.com or allstarshop.com
    don't know if they ship internationally though

12. cHodAX

cHodAX Guest

Voodoo Minion!!!

NO that picture says PRO in the bottom right corner, don't take the chance without checking first bud. Otherwise you are stuck :(

BAD RADEON!
    [​IMG]

Now THIS is the box you are looking for!

[​IMG]

Notice no PRO anywhere on the box, that is a good sign. Without a picture of the actual card you can never be sure but surely if Sapphire have made 2 different boxes for what iniatlly seems like the same card does seem odd eh? ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2003
  13. neil

neil Guest

Hehe, well spotted chodax ;)

Does anyone know if I'll be able to pre-order and still be able to mod it? I'm going to email the reseller just incase though, is there any questions I should ask them before I place my order?

14. cHodAX

cHodAX Guest

Alot of the bigger UK retailers have either pulled these cards or sold out in the last few days. Many are now selling the PRO version only and not even labeling it as PRO! I will post details of a UK retailer with them in stock tomorrow, as soon as I am sure mine has been shipped :)

I also made sure I got screenshots of my orders with the picture next to it and the product description, if the crappy version turns up I will give them hell and threaten to take the evidence to their local Trading Standards office. Also my sister just completed her law degree so I will get her to file papers at the small claims court :)

15. mengy

mengy Member Guru

GPU:
    Anyone know where I can find information on the official:
    Max Instructions
    Max Loops
    Max Constants
    Temporary Registers

Max Texture Instructions
    Max Color Instructions
    etc...etc....
    ?? Everywhere I look everyone seems to have a different idea of what they are

16. ]SKyRuNNeR[

]SKyRuNNeR[ Guest

Perhaps it's strage, but here in italy the only radeon 9500 you are able to found it's the 9500 non pro 128 mb! i've purchased one two weeks ago, because i could not find the "pro" version! Now i'm very proud of my choice:) it's from sapphire and if i understood well it's the potential beast! if you take a look to italian e-commerce sites you can find a lot of these cards!
    p.s. don't know if they deliver international.

here some links:
    www.computerstore.it
    http://www.costameno.it
    http://www.bow.it

17. cHodAX

cHodAX Guest

Seems alot of those companys are moving across to the newer PRO cards as well, looks like the non-PRO 9500 are old stock or ATi have discovered thier mistake.

18. delerium

delerium Guest

new troubles

After reading more information on the 9500 NP 128 models, i found that there actually might be (unconfirmed) a newer model of the 9500 NP 128 card. This new model is running on the non-256 bit bus. I hope allstarshop has the older models in stock right now otherwise i might be looking at a 15% restocking fee + shipping.

Heres the link on rage3d's forums.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=33657738&perpage=20&pagenumber=5

it's about 3/4 of the way down the page.

Now i'm asking again to be VERY sure.

This mod will not work on the newer style boards with the ram chips all above the GPU?

Thanks.

19. choatie88

choatie88 Guest

Re: new troubles

For new boards with the RAM chips all above the GPU, the mod will convert a RADEON 9500 to a RADEON 9500 PRO. For boards with two RAM chips above and two RAM chips to the right, it will convert a RADEON 9500 to a RADEON 9700.

At the moment, I'm not aware of any 9500s that will not go to a 9700. The configuration with the RAM chips all above the GPU is only used for the 9500 PRO.

capiche?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.