Review: Corsair HS60 Haptic Headset

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Corsair has an extensive offering that consists of a variety of PC components and peripherals. Headsets are also covered, starting with the more budget-oriented HS range, running upwards to the very h...

Review: Corsair HS60 Haptic Headset

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I strap 2 rumble pads to each side of my head, great surround!

These phones appear to be a lot better though :D

3. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    lol Im replacing my H60s. They were alright on sale. Not good if you play squad based games because the leak a lot of sound into the mic.

4. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Here is my "review" of the Corsair HS"anything".

The problem with these HS50, HS60, and HS70 is the design is weak. Check the reviews on Amazon on all/any of them and you'll see an alarming number of them with photos of the broken plastic junk that holds the ear cups onto the headband. Also the volume potentiometers are the cheapest possible garbage and will also fail in short order leaving you with, scratchy, shorted out, or no sound on one or both sides. The only time mic mute switches, and volume controls are acceptable are if they are inline on a detachable/replaceable cable or, maybe, if they made them out of quality materials, but yeah, that ain't gonna happen under ~$500.

TLDR: Corsair (Razer is worse) = $15 Chinese junk sold as $100 "brand name *blink blink* GAMER *flash flash* GEAR *look!!1 shiny!!!*" that just falls apart all from it's own weight. You should add these photos to your advert... reviews of them.

corsair-earpad.png Corsair HS60.png

Corsair HS70.png

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I am not going to dismiss that there will be users having issues in some way or form. But let you show you my Vengeance 1500, now 6 years old and used often. And literally, I just took this photo. .... six years ...

IMG_20201023_142851.jpg

6. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Those look nice (and sturdy). Totally different design though. The HS line seems to have the weak point I mentioned. Problem is Corsair does not seem to care about changing it.

I have a ~15 year old pair of Sennheiser PC161's I could show you that still look nice too...but they are trash! I only keep them as a backup, just in case everything else fails. Non removable, flimsy, little, super thin cord with inline volume control that has been shorting out for 13+ years. I have to constantly tap and wiggle it to keep the sound on. All the faux leather has pealed away, onto my head mostly (within the first year when I actually still used them) like the photo of the Corsair's above. The only reason they lasted this long is they very rarely get used though, and that is SENNHEISER (a "proper" headphone maker)...not Corsair...but I digress...

I've been using a pair of Superlux HD668b for the last 6 years. Those things were $38, built like a tank, and sound like they cost 5x that. They sound way better than any "gamer headset" I have ever heard. Of course they don't have a mic, but there are other options for that and you could get the headphones and a mic for half the price of the Corsairs.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Same deal with turtlebeach all plastic headsets.

8. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    I don't mind plastic, if it's sturdy (think Astro A10 or the like), but yeah, it's not just one or two dudes posting the images of broken ones in their reviews. It's a lot, way too many of them, and all broken exactly the same way. Huge red flag that "deal breaks" what otherwise might be a decent headset, for me anyway. I think I'm going to go the Philips SHP9500 + V-Moda Boompro route and have a vastly superior headphone + mic for about $30 less.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    When turtlebeach released the z6a', there was a single screw holding the band to the swivel in this location

[​IMG]

They revised it quietly to 2 nylon screws, but didn't at all consider using an aluminium strip in place of the plastic to reinforce the plastic.
    [​IMG]

They revised it to two screws' but that still wasn't enough, the plastic is just brittle and again broke one day when i was taking them off my head, the plastic was just not good for flex actions.

Nothing has changed, these all plastic constructions are still brittle and failing

I "downgraded" to a hpa2 which was basically the same specs as the z6a except the z6a's inline amp was superior (and compatible with the hpa2, so i kept the z6a's amp :p) and the mix of aluminium and softer plastic has lasted the last 7 or so years without issue.

10. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Hi. How is this compared to Razer Nari Ultimate? I'm currently using Razer Nari Ultimate which also vibrates.