Review: Asus Strix Fusion 700 RGB headset

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Join us as we check out the Asus top of the line 'ROG Fusion' lineup of RGB/Aura compatible gaming headsets. With a heavy emphasis placed on sound quality (or as is proclaimed), the 700's carry an ...

Review: Asus Strix Fusion 700 RGB headset

2. go4brendon

go4brendon Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Seahawk X
    Thanks for the review, I would also love to know how these compare to the recent Asus ROG Delta's? (which are wired and fall under the £180 mark)

3. MK80

MK80 Active Member

GPU:
    RX7900xtx
    Heaviest too 360 Gr is too much.... And summer should be warm in the ears and by the specifications does not seem to me to be great technological advance in relation to the previous generations in relation to the sound itself. To me it seems just more of the same with some things that do not lack any and an astronomical price.

4. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    at this price point, only the true rog fanboy will buy these as there are far better headsets (gaming and non) out there. bluetooth may be convenient and for non-audiophiles i'm sure it would be fine.
    but in the gaming headset category it has stiff competition from Sennheiser's gaming headphones.
    honestly the cheap hack of buying a good headset and adding a boom mike would still give you more bang for the buck, even if it is "ghetto".

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Comes with ESS DAC, amp, Bluetooth 4.2, playback functions, RGB.

Entirely different demographics than that which would be satisfied with "a good headset and adding a boom mike" hack

6. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    But does it change colors when you 360 no-scope nubs?

edit: Would seriously consider these headsets as RGB goes crazy on my head whenever I am on killing streak. So nubs in LAN knows I am the REAL pr0 and not to mess with. :D

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  7. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Why does this review say they play nice with Xbox? There's no Xbox support from what I can see, no mic support either. Maybe the audio works, Asus don't state that it supports Xbox, but the mic won't work.

"ROG Strix Fusion 700 is a gaming headset that offers versatile connectivity, with USB 2.0 for wired gaming on your PC, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch"

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018