Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Kruse

Kruse Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X 4GB
    What about in DX11?

2. Kruse

Kruse Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X 4GB
    In my experience, DDU has always worked better than any "official" uninstall tool.

3. fardeenah

fardeenah Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X 2Gb
    will my R9 270X atleast get driver support?

4. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    I can't see the option for Saturation, Bright, etc on Radeon Additional Settings with this drivers, only the option for Full RGB is available for me, was working great on latest beta driver, anyone know how to fix this?

5. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    After BF1 I tried Watch Dogs 2. During the loading screen the picture was very visibly glitching out, lines appearing everywhere. Once in the game this kept on happening, I was worried about my card and tried to alt tab but I just got a black screen afterward. Rebooted and PC is working, but I'm very concerned about this considering the previous voltage comments.

6. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Why wouldn't get? All GCN are supported.

7. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    What is the overall experience ? If it is a good one, i may put one RX 470 into one of the rig and try it for my self too for fun :D

8. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
  9. d2thez

d2thez Guest

Anybody know where the color amp settings went? I used to open the Additional Radeon Settings link within the Crimson Control Panel but now when I do it tells me there are no settings in there for me to adjust. I want to boost the vibrance of my monitors colors!!

10. vidard2k

vidard2k Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 460 OC 4GB
    Hello everyone!

Should the "old" graphic drivers drivers (allways?) be uninstalled before installing this new ReLive AMD drivers?
    Forgive me for the newbie question but i'm a fairly new (for some 2 weeks) AMD (Radeon RX 460) user.
    Thank You! :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016

11. Dragonfyre

Dragonfyre Guest

GPU:
    R7 360/2048
    Am in same boat. No options in additional settings for brightness, color, etc. Am seeing really nothing there anymore other than eyefinity settings. Anyone find these settings and prove I am old and blind? :)

Dragon

12. jeff69dini

jeff69dini Member

GPU:
    evga 2gb gtx 750ti
    ahh crap, I have an old 7770, looks like I don't get the chill option under settings, in fact I do not have access to any power settings, darn

13. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    Same here. No more settings for color etc. omg!

14. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    If it makes you feel better, me neither.

15. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    FOR POLARIS USERS WITH MODIFIED BIOS ONLY
    Tested only in Win10 x64

I managed to remove the signature check in the driver by following the work done by lordkag in the previous patched driver.
    Then another issue came by modifying the driver the whql signature got lost, i did a dirty workaround using the toastyx pixel clock patcher, this tool uses a ingenious method to avoid the driver signature issue.

Follow the instructions and you will have no problems :)

Download the modified kernel driver here: http://bit.ly/2h0NpwR
    Download the Pixel Clock Patcher here: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher (needed for the windows driver signature workaround)

1) Navigate to the amd driver extraction directory, usually "C:\AMD" then go into" Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-16.12.1-Dec7\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B309333"
    2) Extract the modified kernel driver in the "\B309333" directory overwriting the file
    3) Uninstall current amd drivers normally and DO NOT REBOOT when asked
    4) Reboot with advanced options like so:
    5) Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click the Restart button.
    6) Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click the Restart button.
    7) When your computer restarts you’ll see a list of options, press F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.
    This is needed only ONE TIME to successfully install the modified kernel, in the next reboot the driver signature enforcement will return to normal.
    8) Install the driver normally with setup.exe in C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-16.12.1-Dec7
    DO NOT REBOOT WHEN ASKED
    9) When the installation is finished run the atikmdag-patcher.exe (this will take care of driver signature for windows so we no loger need to disabled the enforcement with F7)
    10) Press yes to patch the file
    11) When finishes reboot the pc and enjoy your modified bios

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016

16. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    I have the Radeon HD 7970 and I have the chill option.

17. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    On the good side, in Raceroom Racing Experience (R3E) which is DX9 I seem to get a boost right at the starting line in Nordschleife that is by far the heaviest track on the sim due to higher object count.
    Using the same settings as yesterday's preset, it went from ~46-47.x to 50.x fps.

Assetto Corsa seems the same on the inbuilt bench.

18. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Great work asder00 and that was fast...I am sure people will thank you. I mean I do but do not have a RX card :nerd:

19. incneet

incneet Member

GPU:
    RX 5600XT
    i have chill option, i have same card

http://i.imgur.com/3cLMwiU.png

20. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    My mistake.